ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 114 of 195
« First < 1464104110111112113114 115116117118124164 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Chiefs trade Tyreek Hill to the Dolphins
Dante84 10:34 AM 03-23-2022
Will update OP with more info.

Here it is: The #Chiefs are trading six-time Pro Bowl WR Tyreek Hill to the #Dolphins, sources tell me and @TomPelissero.

The return is a first-round pick and more, while Hill gets a contract extension that puts him among the highest paid WRs in the NFL.

— Ian Rapoport (@RapSheet) March 23, 2022

Chiefs are trading six-time Pro-Bowl WR Tyreek Hill to the Miami Dolphins for five draft picks: a 2022 1st-round pick (No. 29), a 2nd-round pick (No. 50) and a 4th-round pick, as well as 4th- and 6th-round picks in the 2023 draft, sources tell ESPN.

— Adam Schefter (@AdamSchefter) March 23, 2022

[Reply]
Zap Rowsdower 11:54 AM 03-24-2022
Originally Posted by BleedingRed:
Your screen names leads me to believe you also love MST3K
Yes sir! Love that show!
[Reply]
Rasputin 11:55 AM 03-24-2022
Originally Posted by Nirvana58:
I don't know how the numbers compare up exactly. But it feels like we received better compensation in the Jared Allen trade. Allen was a great player but Hill is a hall a famer. Either way I am not trading Hill for anything less than multiple first round picks.

Other than Mahommes he was the best player on our team. Super bowl teams don't trade away a hall a fame player in their prime.
Patriots did it all the time how'd that work out for them? Not wanting to be like the Patriots but getting rid of players just before their prime is up and hauling in draft picks Patriots got rid of HOFers for their team. If you can upgrade multiple possessions of need and fix many things and get younger and stronger and save cap space for a rainy day or an acquisition can't resist.

Keeping Tyreek would have cost this team ability to improve on both sides of the ball and others that deserve a nice pay day you can say goodbye too.

Keeping Tyreek at the cost he wanted would have been detrimental to this team.
[Reply]
MAHOMO 4 LIFE! 11:55 AM 03-24-2022

A final note on @Chiefs trading Tyreek Hill to @MiamiDolphins. Hill wanted to beat Davante Adams deal or had no interest in staying in KC. No team discount in play and team was concerned about him being a distraction without a deal getting done. Best move for both parties.

— Jeffri Chadiha (@jeffrichadiha) March 24, 2022

[Reply]
TEX 11:57 AM 03-24-2022
Originally Posted by Nirvana58:
I don't know how the numbers compare up exactly. But it feels like we received better compensation in the Jared Allen trade. Allen was a great player but Hill is a hall a famer. Either way I am not trading Hill for anything less than multiple first round picks.

Other than Mahommes he was the best player on our team. Super bowl teams don't trade away a hall a fame player in their prime.
Exactly this. The window is shut now for awhile. No guarantee if /when it will open again. You keep him, the window remains open. It is for that reason that I'd have kept him, since he was under contract, and probably paid him next season. Sure we got draft picks, and a chance to re-tool quickly, but Varch can't miss on them. Regardless, none will be another Reek.
[Reply]
Baby Lee 11:59 AM 03-24-2022
Originally Posted by Marcellus:
Keeping Hill and having never signed Clark sounds great in hindsight, but that's all it is.
It's a LITTLE more than hindsight, it's relevant to assessing the propositions that Mahomes alone can fix all problems that get thrown at the franchise and Reid and Veach don't make mistakes.
[Reply]
Mr. Plow 12:05 PM 03-24-2022
Originally Posted by TEX:
Exactly this. The window is shut now for awhile. No guarantee if /when it will open again. You keep him, the window remains open. It is for that reason that I'd have kept him, since he was under contract, and probably paid him next season. Sure we got draft picks, and a chance to re-tool quickly, but Varch can't miss on them. Regardless, none will be another Reek.
So basically what you are saying is that Hill was the entire reason we were competing for Superbowls.
[Reply]
Rasputin 12:06 PM 03-24-2022
Originally Posted by TEX:
BULL FUCKING SHIT

Our window is open every year we have Patrick Mahomes. We will have a better defense because we traded Tyreek Hill and we can find other WR in the draft. We don't need another Reek he couldn't out jump DBs to catch the ball and tipped for interceptions . We are going have a stout defense because we traded away Tyreek Hill and our offense will be humming along just fine because Patrick will spread the ball around. We've played games without Tyreek and still put up 30+ points. Our offensive line is a cohesive unit that will be in the business of pancaking defenders. We revamp our defensive line we can win the war in the trenches. This trade is a blessing and will pay off for years to come. Maybe some rookies will struggle but every player starts somewhere. Tyreek was a 4th round pick we can find a stud WR in just about any round.

This trade is best for Chiefs to stay competitive for a long time and compete for championships. Our offense will be just fine and our defense line is going be stout so relax. We have not had a losing record under Andy Reid and we wont' this year either.
[Reply]
Mr. Plow 12:06 PM 03-24-2022
Originally Posted by Baby Lee:
that Mahomes alone can fix all problems that get thrown at the franchise and Reid and Veach don't make mistakes.
Nobody is saying either of these things.
[Reply]
Mecca 12:07 PM 03-24-2022
Originally Posted by MAHOMO 4 LIFE!:
It's also a tough move to make when your franchise player signed a deal that is flexible to help the team. Do you then give big money to the guy being completely inflexible also?

Tyreek got his ring and getting paid mattered to him more than anything, looks it was just time to move on.
[Reply]
staylor26 12:07 PM 03-24-2022
Originally Posted by Baby Lee:
It's a LITTLE more than hindsight, it's relevant to assessing the propositions that Mahomes alone can fix all problems that get thrown at the franchise and Reid and Veach don't make mistakes.
Literally nobody is saying that.

When you have an elite HC/QB/GM trio, you have A LOT more room for error though.
[Reply]
saphojunkie 12:08 PM 03-24-2022
Originally Posted by BleedingRed:
I mean let’s be honest what has been beached best draft pick so far?

Creed/Smith are only home runs he’s hit this far
Sneed, mother fucker!

Bolton.

Gay.

Fenton.

And I still believe in Thornhill.
[Reply]
Nirvana58 12:15 PM 03-24-2022
Originally Posted by Rasputin:
Patriots did it all the time how'd that work out for them? Not wanting to be like the Patriots but getting rid of players just before their prime is up and hauling in draft picks Patriots got rid of HOFers for their team. If you can upgrade multiple possessions of need and fix many things and get younger and stronger and save cap space for a rainy day or an acquisition can't resist.

Keeping Tyreek would have cost this team ability to improve on both sides of the ball and others that deserve a nice pay day you can say goodbye too.

Keeping Tyreek at the cost he wanted would have been detrimental to this team.
Name 1 player of Hills caliber that New England traded away in their prime.
[Reply]
dirk digler 12:18 PM 03-24-2022
Originally Posted by TwistedChief:
I can appreciate that. I think it's difficult to visualize the Chiefs without Hill because he's become such an important part of the fabric of the team. The guy is legitimately the most exciting player in the entire league and he played on OUR TEAM. It's infinite the number of times I've thought, "Gosh, I'm so happy that guy is on our side."

It feels weird now. But we almost lost him to ignominious circumstances a few years ago. At least we got another 3 years from him, a Super Bowl title, and some real compensation in return.

My advice would be to just wait until the draft. We all have a tendency to massively overrate our picks, and given how many we have this year, we'll have a lot to be excited about and hopeful for.

The sadness around losing Tyreek will fade like anything else.
Oh I know it will just right now it is a tough pill to swallow. I feel like though we picked CJ over Hill and I think that was the wrong decision. I would have rode with Mahomes, Hill, and Kelce until their wheels fell off but that is just me.
[Reply]
In58men 12:20 PM 03-24-2022
Originally Posted by saphojunkie:
Sneed, mother ****er!

Bolton.

Gay.

Fenton.

And I still believe in Thornhill.
He acts like every ****ing GM hits on every ****ing pick.

He still doesn’t understand that every pick is a dart throw. Dude needs to change his name to bleeding vagina.
[Reply]
Baby Lee 12:24 PM 03-24-2022
Originally Posted by Mr. Plow:
Nobody is saying either of these things.
Plenty have said exactly that, and every time I suggest it's an idiotic take, I get tons of pushback and passionate anger.
[Reply]
Page 114 of 195
« First < 1464104110111112113114 115116117118124164 > Last »
Up