ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 114 of 148
« First < 1464104110111112113114 115116117118124 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***Official 2023-2024 NBA Thread***
dirk digler 04:43 PM 10-24-2023
Can't believe the NBA Season is starting tonight. Way to early but here we go.

Lakers vs Nuggets: 6:30PM

Suns vs Warriors: 9PM

Both on TNT
[Reply]
chiefzilla1501 09:24 AM 05-10-2024
Also interesting how Cavs counterpunched Boston. They basically insisted that brown and tatum beat them. They locked everyone else the hell down. It worked so how does mazzula counterpunch? Not gonna be the same as Miami where you can rely on their sleepy offense to lay a huge turd
[Reply]
KC_Connection 09:26 AM 05-10-2024
Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501:
I'm still trying to figure okc out. They look like they can dominate at any given time but there just feels like there are holes. I think it's just the consistency of their role guys and depth. Dort and giddey gotta play better and more consistent on offense. Dallas is a team that can just get crazy streaky. I really like sga so I'm pulling for them.
SGA is so good at this point that he could carry that team to a title if he gets some help around him. Not sure I trust the others he has to give it though. Chet was not good yesterday.
[Reply]
O.city 09:27 AM 05-10-2024
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
But that's the thing - the CELTICS did it - not the players.

And they went out and traded for a 32 year old Ray Allen and 31 year old Kevin Garnett. And gave up real value to get the guy (Al Jefferson and a couple first round picks) rather than some BS forced sign and trade like the Bosh deal when Bosh was just entering his prime or 'The Decision' from James when they all got together and contrived to land in Miami.

Danny Ainge and Celtics leadership built a good team. In Miami, LeBron and Wade simply decided to circumvent the cap to form a superteam.

Having 3 good players on a single team isn't the same thing as what Miami did. Or even Durant. The former was good team building - the latter was a bitch move.
I....I just don't care anymore.

All we talk about are championships for these guys. I don't blame them doing whatever to get them, whether I think it's a bitch more or not.
[Reply]
staylor26 09:29 AM 05-10-2024
Originally Posted by O.city:
I....I just don't care anymore.

All we talk about are championships for these guys. I don't blame them doing whatever to get them, whether I think it's a bitch more or not.
Well the NBA is just a product that I consume and it's a better product now that we've moved beyond that era :-)
[Reply]
chiefzilla1501 09:36 AM 05-10-2024
Originally Posted by KC_Connection:
SGA is so good at this point that he could carry that team to a title if he gets some help around him. Not sure I trust the others he has to give it though. Chet was not good yesterday.
I really really like sga. It just feels like you're seeing a lot of these supporting casts explode in the playoffs and I don't think okcs can get there. Dallas' show yesterday had a lot to do with pj washington and hardaway. Minnesota is getting tremendous performances from guys like Alexander walker and naz Reid.

It's kind of tremendous sga has dominated as he has considering how hard he has to work since he's not just chucking up 3s like a lot of big scorers
[Reply]
chiefzilla1501 09:43 AM 05-10-2024
Feel like OKC can get by Dallas if they just get more consistency knowing Dallas will be riding playing streaky. It feels like Minnesota is going to be a problem. Even Denver may have been a problem for them.
[Reply]
dirk digler 10:50 AM 05-10-2024
Originally Posted by staylor26:
Well the NBA is just a product that I consume and it's a better product now that we've moved beyond that era :-)
Don't think we are past that era at all. Yes some of these super teams have been done by trades but alot of these were forced trades. Suns and Bucks and come to mind but the Clippers weren't ... Celtics and Warriors were done mostly by draft but the added a veteran star to help out. Nets and Philly are just a year removed from their super teams. Cuban would definitely would do it if he can find another superstar to pair with Luka and Kyrie.
[Reply]
staylor26 10:51 AM 05-10-2024
Originally Posted by dirk digler:
Don't think we are past that era at all. Yes some of these super teams have been done by trades but alot of these were forced trades. Suns and Bucks and come to mind but the Clippers weren't ... Celtics and Warriors were done mostly by draft but the added a veteran star to help out.
Suns, Bucks, and Clippers are all failures though, so again, this is a great time for the NBA.
[Reply]
dirk digler 10:55 AM 05-10-2024
Suns, Bucks, and Clippers are all failures though, so again, this is a great time for the NBA.
Yep it definitely is a great time with all the young talent but we are still going to see players or teams try to build a super team. Just don't try to do it with KD at this point. :-)
[Reply]
staylor26 10:57 AM 05-10-2024
Originally Posted by dirk digler:
Yep it definitely is a great time with all the young talent but we are still going to see players or teams try to build a super team. Just don't try to do it with KD at this point. :-)
I'm not convinced we will see it to the level of the Heatles and KD Warriors, but sure, teams won't stop trying to stack their rosters.

There's a clear difference between the Heatles/Warriors and other loaded teams throughout history though. The super team era is specifically about the best players teaming up through free agency to have team's that are so stacked they're guaranteed to be in the championship year and win multiple titles.
[Reply]
KC_Connection 11:07 AM 05-10-2024
If LeBron cared about rings anymore, he could easily jump on just about any contender right now (Dallas for example) and push them over the top rather than just retiring in LA.

Really, you should be thanking LeBron for ending the super team era.
[Reply]
staylor26 11:08 AM 05-10-2024
If LeBron cared about rings anymore, he could easily jump on just about any contender right now and easily push them over the top rather than just retiring in LA.

Really, you should be thanking LeBron for ending the super team era.
The same Lebron that was begging Kawhi to come play with him and AD just a few years ago?

:-)

The same Lebron that started it all?

[Reply]
KC_Connection 11:10 AM 05-10-2024
The same Lebron that was begging Kawhi to come play with him and AD just a few years ago?

Yes. He could easily go play with Luka/Kyrie in Dallas or any number of teams and they'd win a title easily. He's a top 5-10 player in the game still, but chooses not to do it.

Originally Posted by :
The same Lebron that started it all?

A lie.
[Reply]
staylor26 11:11 AM 05-10-2024
Yes. He could easily go play with Luka/Kyrie in Dallas or any number of teams and they'd win a title easily. He's a top 5-10 player in the game still.

A lie.
Sure, Jan.
[Reply]
KC_Connection 11:13 AM 05-10-2024
Sure, Jan.
If rings were still any kind of priority for him at this stage of his career, he would absolutely be going elsewhere in free agency this summer. He won't do it.
[Reply]
Page 114 of 148
« First < 1464104110111112113114 115116117118124 > Last »
Up