ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 114 of 256
« First < 1464104110111112113114 115116117118124164214 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Let's Talk About Baltimore (AFC Championship)
SHOWTIME 08:41 PM 01-21-2024
Headed back to the AFC Championship Game!!!! Discuss.
[Reply]
OneWinningDrive 01:18 AM 01-25-2024
Originally Posted by KCChiefsFan88:
Let’s translate your Lamar Apologist babble…

“Factor in Lamar’s rushing yardage because he’s a glorified running back”.
I'm genuinely telling you that if your way of analyzing Lamar Jackson is to look at the box score and judge him by his passing yardage, your eyes and/or brain are betraying you. Start from scratch and reevaluate how you arrive at conclusions. God bless.
[Reply]
StalkRavenMad 01:20 AM 01-25-2024
Originally Posted by Chieftain:
Because everyone who watches football and can think with a rational mind says so. Are you suggesting Lamar is anywhere near the stratosphere of the QB talent that is Josh Allen? Because if you are suggesting that, you are a reeruned fanboy.
MD thise rational mi dedicated folk only exist on Chiefs Planet?
[Reply]
Why Not? 01:21 AM 01-25-2024
Originally Posted by OneWinningDrive:
Andrews has never won on athleticism. He has the same telekinetic connection with Lamar that Mahomes and Kelce have. He doesn't need to be 100% to find soft spots underneath and for Lamar to find him there.

When Kelce was coming off of his early season injury at the beginning of the year, would you have rather had an 80% Kelce or no Kelce?
No way Andrews is 80% coming off that much rust and nursing an injury. Kelce, in his first game this season, had 4 catches for 26 yards....very end of career Witten or ceiling Kolar.

If anyone is getting excited (on your end) or scared (on our end) about a guy going 4 for 26, I don't know what to tell you.
[Reply]
FloridaMan88 01:22 AM 01-25-2024
Originally Posted by StalkRavenMad:
The same way the non playoff Raiders boatraced God in Cleats, the best HC and the Best DC. It's any given Sunday. But the Chiefs in the playoffs are exempt from that.
Nice non answer.

The Chiefs lost to the Raiders due to their own self-inflicted mistakes.

Not the same as Baltimore getting bludgeoned by a RB named Jerome Ford (who?)
[Reply]
FloridaMan88 01:23 AM 01-25-2024
MD thise rational mi dedicated folk only exist on Chiefs Planet?
You type like Lamar speaks.
[Reply]
DRM08 01:25 AM 01-25-2024
Even in Lamar’s supposed “best” playoff performance… this past weekend… he barely had 150 yards passing.

:-)
Lamar received a QBR grade of 94/100 for that game last weekend. That's an awesome performance. Passing yards don't mean that much...

Two of Mahomes' best games lately were the Super Bowl last year and the Buffalo playoff game last weekend. Pretty low passing yardage in both of those games. He was very efficient with very high QBR grades in those 2 games. He didn't get to touch the football very much because Philly & Buffalo hogged the ball for 65% of the game clock.
[Reply]
OneWinningDrive 01:25 AM 01-25-2024
Originally Posted by Why Not?:
No way Andrews is 80% coming off that much rust and nursing an injury. Kelce, in his first game this season, had 4 catches for 26 yards....very end of career Witten or ceiling Kolar.

If anyone is getting excited (on your end) or scared (on our end) about a guy going 4 for 26, I don't know what to tell you.
He can draw attention in a way that almost no one else on the Ravens can. In past years when the Ravens didn't have receivers, defenses would center the gameplan around Andrews. He would be doubled if not tripled on certain plays and teams would sell out to ensure Andrews didn't beat them by himself. If this game is decided by a razor-thin margin and Andrews draws a defender on just one play, that could be the difference.

Andrews himself cited Terrell Owens as the model for his recovery. Owens had the exact same injury as Andrews around the exact same point in the season. His first game back was the Super Bowl, and he went nine catches for 122 yards. Andrews isn't the physical specimen that Owens is, but he's as single minded and dedicated as anyone on the team, so I guarantee he has been doing everything in his power to rehab.
[Reply]
FloridaMan88 01:26 AM 01-25-2024
I'm genuinely telling you that if your way of analyzing Lamar Jackson is to look at the box score and judge him by his passing yardage, your eyes and/or brain are betraying you. Start from scratch and reevaluate how you arrive at conclusions. God bless.
I am judging by the fact his only sustained success in the postseason has been in the Pro Bowl.

Lamar is the Pro Bowl GOAT.
[Reply]
StalkRavenMad 01:26 AM 01-25-2024
Originally Posted by DRM08:
It was "good luck" directed to Mahomes, meaning he thought Mahomes was screwed by the hostile atmosphere in Buffalo. Mahomes later referred to this after the game when he posted "good luck" on social media somewhere. Instagram maybe.
Again I need to see the entire quote. Media is good at taking a piece of a quote and running with it.
[Reply]
Why Not? 01:27 AM 01-25-2024
The same way the non playoff Raiders boatraced God in Cleats, the best HC and the Best DC. It's any given Sunday. But the Chiefs in the playoffs are exempt from that.
No, they are not exempt from that. What they have done is stood in the ring (in the postseason) and beat the biggest alleged bad ass in the room, multiple times.

49ers
Eagles
Bills (last week)
L but toe to toe with Brady's Patriots in Mahomes 1st year as a starter

What has this (Lamar's) edition of the Ravens ever done in the post season outside of beating the playoff tomato can Titans and an out way over their skis, rookie lead Houston team?
[Reply]
FloridaMan88 01:28 AM 01-25-2024
Ravens fans here seriously comparing a brokedick Mark Andrews to the likes of Kelce and TO.

[Reply]
StalkRavenMad 01:29 AM 01-25-2024
Nice non answer.

The Chiefs lost to the Raiders due to their own self-inflicted mistakes.

Not the same as Baltimore getting bludgeoned by a RB named Jerome Ford (who?)
That's tjw same way the Raven Lost to the Browns getting out of rush lanes allowing Watsin to escape the pocket. And Wa5sin Literally had a perfect half against the Ravens. I mean I can't even think of the JAG that picked Mahomes and returned it while pointng at him. These things happen to everyone but the Chiefs.
[Reply]
StalkRavenMad 01:30 AM 01-25-2024
Ravens fans here seriously comparing a brokedick Mark Andrews to the likes of Kelce and TO.

Chiefs fans are going to disrespect a top 3 TE in the league.
[Reply]
Why Not? 01:31 AM 01-25-2024
He can draw attention in a way that almost no one else on the Ravens can. In past years when the Ravens didn't have receivers, defenses would center the gameplan around Andrews. He would be doubled if not tripled on certain plays and teams would sell out to ensure Andrews didn't beat them by himself. If this game is decided by a razor-thin margin and Andrews draws a defender on just one play, that could be the difference.

Andrews himself cited Terrell Owens as the model for his recovery. Owens had the exact same injury as Andrews around the exact same point in the season. His first game back was the Super Bowl, and he went nine catches for 122 yards. Andrews isn't the physical specimen that Owens is, but he's as single minded and dedicated as anyone on the team, so I guarantee he has been doing everything in his power to rehab.
But, see, that's my point. Fans can ooh and ahh and get excited or freaked out or whatever they want to do. My bet is that if Andrews plays, Spags handles him the same way he would Chuck Kolar. If you think in a key moment in the game Andrews is pulling Sneed away from an actual threat, I think you're wrong.
[Reply]
DRM08 01:31 AM 01-25-2024
Again I need to see the entire quote. Media is good at taking a piece of a quote and running with it.
Here is the full quote below. Seems pretty obvious what Dawkins meant with the 'good luck' part at the very end of the statement. Mahomes clearly used it as motivation and threw it back at Dawkins after the game.

“Mahomes has never been to the Bills stadium in full,” Dawkins said. “The environment will be different, and not to say it’s in our favor, but stadium is our favor. Stadium is us. That helps us. I don’t care what nobody says. This is the most dopest feeling I’ve ever had. We’re having two back to back playoff games at home. Come on now, like we get to leave and go eat wings. It’s cool. So good luck.
[Reply]
Page 114 of 256
« First < 1464104110111112113114 115116117118124164214 > Last »
Up