ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 113 of 324
« First < 1363103109110111112113 114115116117123163213 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Cardinals Release WR DeAndre Hopkins [Titans, 2yr/$26 million]
Dante84 11:03 AM 05-26-2023
Interesting

Cardinals released DeAndre Hopkins. pic.twitter.com/c0f9UaabYA

— Adam Schefter (@AdamSchefter) May 26, 2023

[Reply]
Chris Meck 06:41 AM 06-04-2023
Originally Posted by Rainbarrel:
The "Kelce is being wasted" is some serious. I need to run to the pawn shop to keep this high going, copium. Travis is goating!
Yeah, Kelce is being wasted... winning Super Bowls.
[Reply]
chinaski 06:51 AM 06-04-2023
Here is what ChatGPT thinks about this:

Originally Posted by :
As an AI, I don't have access to real-time information or the ability to predict future events beyond my knowledge cutoff in September 2021. Therefore, I cannot provide the most up-to-date advice on whether the Kansas City Chiefs should sign DeAndre Hopkins, as I don't have information about any recent developments or changes in the football landscape.

However, DeAndre Hopkins is an exceptional wide receiver with a proven track record of success in the NFL. His skills and abilities make him an attractive option for any team in need of a dynamic playmaker. Whether the Kansas City Chiefs should sign him would depend on various factors, such as their current roster, salary cap situation, and their evaluation of Hopkins' fit within their offensive system.

It's always important for teams to carefully consider their roster needs, salary cap implications, and the potential impact a new player could have on team chemistry before making any significant signings. Ultimately, the decision would be up to the Kansas City Chiefs' front office and coaching staff, who would have a better understanding of their team's specific requirements and future plans.

[Reply]
Chris Meck 07:05 AM 06-04-2023
One final word on the Dhop/WR room-

Some of you guys are looking at these individual moves in a vacuum. That's not how it works. If you lay out the cap space for a Dhop at market value, it negatively impacts multiple other spots. It requires you to go cheaper elsewhere. We used to pay Hill; and so we had Dan Sorensen's and Ben Niemann's taking significant snaps. We were overpaying Clark for his production, so we had Austin Reiters and Wylies starting at OL. And that was mostly before paying Mahomes.

If you pay Mahomes, Jones, Thuney, Taylor, and Dhop, you've got like 40% your cap left to fill your other 48 spots. And it doesn't better in subsequent years, and you're going to have to let all of the good young players you've developed walk so you can pay aging stars.. So you're mortgaging '24 and '25 to try to win in '23-when it's entirely possible that it's not necessary, and you've got as good a shot as anyone at winning the SB in '23 as it stands.

This is partly why we didn't invest so heavily in the WR room prior to letting Hill walk; we had serious, gaping holes that needed addressing. So WR took a backseat and we rolled with Hill and Kelce, betting that would be enough. And it was...until it wasn't.

Every move affects everything else. Would Dhop be a nice piece to have? Of course. But at what cost?

It appears that Veach, Reid, and Mahomes think the young WR's are talented enough and ready to step up. Ideally, they're right-and they've been right much more often than they've been wrong. There are enough numbers they're throwing at the WR room that it's highly unlikely they strike out on ALL of them. The 'floor' is the '22 WR room. I think it's entirely reasonable to expect this group to outperform that one.
[Reply]
Coogs 07:21 AM 06-04-2023
I'm really interested to see what this young group can do. Moore obviously understood he needs to get on the same page with Mahomes as he was at every single throwing session in Texas. Rice looks legit, and he played on a bad foot last season. Toney was exciting as heck to watch. I found myself almost being disappointed when we subbed him out. And I am totally intrigued to see if Justyn Ross is able to be the guy who outplayed Higgins, Renfrow, and Rodgers when he was a freshman at Clemson.
[Reply]
Megatron96 07:29 AM 06-04-2023
Originally Posted by chinaski:
Lol.
[Reply]
Megatron96 07:34 AM 06-04-2023
Originally Posted by chinaski:
Originally Posted by Couch-Potato:
as long as no other super enticing offers arise, I hope he'll come back around to our offer and sign with us!

Let’s hope that happens. Hopkins going to BUF would be pretty bad for us.
[Reply]
chiefzilla1501 07:38 AM 06-04-2023
Originally Posted by Chris Meck:
Great WRs come from all over the draft. It's not like QBs.if you look at last year's top 5, you'll see that ONE was a first round pick. Hell, DHop wasn't a first round pick.

'Contentment'?

Hell, I'm excited. I'm excited about the young talent and what it means not just for 2023, but '24,'25, and '26.

Kelce is the true #1, if you must label someone as such. This is the time to go with the young talent, while we still have him.

If last year is too low a bar for you, when we had the number one offense in football and won the Super Bowl, then you're entirely unreasonable.

Juju is a nice, professional receiver but is not particularly special in any way at this point. There's nothing there that isn't replaceable or able to be improved upon. We're not taking a step back. I fully expect to be BETTER, and sooner than later. We have 4 WRs in year two of the offense.

We don't need an over 30 WR eating up a chunk of cap space to do it. I've said it several times, but if ONE of the high investment WRs hits, we're fine. If TWO hit, we're winning the Super Bowl. If all THREE are plus players, we probably win 3 straight. If any of the lottery tickets hit, shit, we might go undefeated.

I'll bet on Veach to hit on at least 30%, wouldn't you?

And the parallel investment in the offensive and defensive lines made possible by going young at WR and CB will be a big reason why.

Paying market price for an elite receiver is counter to the team building KC has been doing for the last 15 months. You don't sell out to try to win a SB at this point in Mahomes 'career. You build a team that can win 5 or 6 of the next 8.

It's just math. It's what you have to do when you're paying an elite QB. Buffalo is about to find that out. Cincinnati a year from now.
We won’t overspend money. That’s fine. I get the market is inflated, I’m not high on DHop either. But we also aren’t spending our top “free” picks either. We traded away our WR1 and then used our blue chip pick to trade UP for a CB… oh but then we used a 50 pick to fill the hole tyreek left. Then we took a pass rusher with our original first round pick. Then we chose not to trade up this year so we can take a pass rusher in back to back years. Where other teams are using blue chips, we are choosing to use the second wave. Whether that’s spending $ or using our best draft picks. We’re throwing a lot of lower % odds at the wall hoping one will stick. Or possibly being content if we have a room full of solid but unspectacular WRs because it worked last year with juju. I get if people are content with that. I’m not.

You can find WRs all over the draft. You can find RTs too. Its not even a question that your best % shot is to use the best possible pick to find your guy. Instead of finding a RT we chose to throw a bunch of third round picks at it and so far, it’s been a huge bust since Schwartz left. So now we’re protecting mahomes’ blind side with a 1 year bandaid. For WR, we are signficantly reducing our odds by using late second rounders. So yeah, that’s why it comes out that helping mahomes is second priority. We have every defensive position set and deep. Our two big question marks for consecutive years is at OT and WR1 and that answer still isn’t quite clear. And in those 2 years we haven’t thrown a single blue chip pick or contract to solidify it.

And don’t compare our situation to cincy or buffalo. We are in a way better cap situation than they are. We’ve been really careful and adding one extra player isn’t going to kill our payroll especially when it’s been widely acknowledged our qb is underpaid.

So again, I’m not upset with our approach. I’m mostly cool with it although I want a dominant offense more than I want a dominant defense. I don’t love the fan sugarcoating the situation. That we don’t need one because we did fine with juju. Worse, that this offense is better off without one and tyreek is proof of that. That we’ve invested in our WR room at a time when other teams are splurging on WRs and we’re basically taking the leftovers. Or that we’ve outsmarted all these teams by finding a WR1 deep in the draft other teams were too stupid to pass. Yeah this is contentment because we will be “fine” and my guess is if we match last years WR corps many will be content that that’s good enough. That’s absolutely contentment.
[Reply]
Coogs 07:54 AM 06-04-2023
Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501:
We won’t overspend money. That’s fine. I get the market is inflated, I’m not high on DHop either. But we also aren’t spending our top “free” picks either. We traded away our WR1 and then used our blue chip pick to trade UP for a CB… oh but then we used a 50 pick to fill the hole tyreek left. Then we took a pass rusher with our original first round pick. Then we chose not to trade up this year so we can take a pass rusher in back to back years. Where other teams are using blue chips, we are choosing to use the second wave. Whether that’s spending $ or using our best draft picks. We’re throwing a lot of lower % odds at the wall hoping one will stick. Or possibly being content if we have a room full of solid but unspectacular WRs because it worked last year with juju. I get if people are content with that. I’m not.

You can find WRs all over the draft. You can find RTs too. Its not even a question that your best % shot is to use the best possible pick to find your guy. Instead of finding a RT we chose to throw a bunch of third round picks at it and so far, it’s been a huge bust since Schwartz left. So now we’re protecting mahomes’ blind side with a 1 year bandaid. For WR, we are signficantly reducing our odds by using late second rounders. So yeah, that’s why it comes out that helping mahomes is second priority. We have every defensive position set and deep. Our two big question marks for consecutive years is at OT and WR1 and that answer still isn’t quite clear. And in those 2 years we haven’t thrown a single blue chip pick or contract to solidify it.

And don’t compare our situation to cincy or buffalo. We are in a way better cap situation than they are. We’ve been really careful and adding one extra player isn’t going to kill our payroll especially when it’s been widely acknowledged our qb is underpaid.

So again, I’m not upset with our approach. I’m mostly cool with it although I want a dominant offense more than I want a dominant defense. I don’t love the fan sugarcoating the situation. That we don’t need one because we did fine with juju. Worse, that this offense is better off without one and tyreek is proof of that. That we’ve invested in our WR room at a time when other teams are splurging on WRs and we’re basically taking the leftovers. Or that we’ve outsmarted all these teams by finding a WR1 deep in the draft other teams were too stupid to pass. Yeah this is contentment because we will be “fine” and my guess is if we match last years WR corps many will be content that that’s good enough. That’s absolutely contentment.
Maybe OT or WR is the target for round 1 next year. There was a bit of banter around draft time where the Chiefs really like someone in the 24 draft, and so trading next years 1st rounder was off the table. Although both players would most likely require a massive trade up, Alt or Harrison Jr possibly?
[Reply]
staylor26 08:03 AM 06-04-2023
JFC this moron continues to ignore the fact that the Chiefs invested 3 day 2 picks (2nds and a 3rd) in WRs in the span of a year.
[Reply]
staylor26 08:06 AM 06-04-2023
Also, "Instead of finding a RT we chose to throw a bunch of third round picks at it and so far, it’s been a huge bust since Schwartz left."

No, they've spent 2 3rd round picks, and one of those guys hasn't even got to TC yet. So we're basically just talking about Niang here, hardly "a bunch". The exaggeration and just flat out lies to push a narrative is ridiculous.
[Reply]
Megatron96 08:12 AM 06-04-2023
Originally Posted by dlphg9:
Doesn't mean he doesn't want another pay day.
No, it doesn't.

Just saying, he probably isn't worried about his retirement. He may want another big contract, but he probably isn't scared about his future after football with what he's already made.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 08:15 AM 06-04-2023
Originally Posted by staylor26:
JFC this moron continues to ignore the fact that the Chiefs invested 3 day 2 picks (2nds and a 3rd) in WRs in the span of a year.
Those are 'left-overs', though, see?

Despite the fact that if you look at the top 5 WR's in the NFL in '22, you see ONE first rounder in that group. If you expand to the top ten, you see like THREE. Most of the rest came from rounds 2-4. Left-overs.

And a good defense isn't helping Mahomes, and a good offensive line isn't helping Mahomes, only WR1 helps Mahomes and it has to be a veteran, proven WR1 or they're just neglecting the position.
[Reply]
Rainbarrel 08:23 AM 06-04-2023
I don't know the company Hopkins keeps. I doubt it's Johnny down at the circle K that works nights. More like other athletes. The NFL does not pay as well as some
[Reply]
Chris Meck 08:35 AM 06-04-2023
Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501:

There's so much here that's false, it's difficult to know where to start. Let's start with your draft analysis.

We spent the higher#1 on a CB because he was by far the highest player left on their board. And it was a position of need. You don't REACH for a position when you have a clearly superior player at another position of need within reach. Good corners are also super expensive. And so are pass rushers; so Furious George is also a wise investment, when they didn't have a WR they rated as worth that pick. There was a grouping of WR's in the 2nd, and they got one there. As I've shown you repeatedly, like 6 of the top ten WR's in football in '22 came from rounds 2-4. 3 were first rounders. Were those guys leftovers, too? Or just when KC takes one in the second?

We have 3 WR's drafted in rounds one or two on rookie deals. That's a significant investment. That's not being content. That's being agggressive with the position group. Just as spending two #1s is being aggressive with the DE/pass rusher group.

This offense was the most dominant in football by any statistical measure in '22. Literally first. First in yards, scoring, explosive plays. In '23, there is no reason to believe it will not be at LEAST as good. And the defense should be BETTER, and as I would think the play-offs and Super Bowl would tell you, it does in fact take all three phases to win championships.

Our chief rivals, Buffalo is now paying the piper and Cinci will do so next year, and they'll have to make hard decisions. They've been on borrowed time and they STILL didn't get it done. Don't compare? Why? It's literally a league of competition. Of course you compare. You just don't WANT to, because it shoots your argument full of holes.

Your entire premise is poorly reasoned.
[Reply]
Rausch 08:36 AM 06-04-2023
Originally Posted by Chris Meck:
'shitty WRs'? Fuck all the way off with this bullshit. You do NOT get a seat on my bus this year.
We're winning the SB this year. Deep down most of us here understand that. Most people around the country understand that.

It's boring to just say over and over but it's true. Unless there are freak injuries you're looking at the inevitable SB Champs once again.

I sure would love to dominate a few opponents though on the way to the dance. Instead of relying on Pat to bring us back I'd like to watch him put on a clinic and remove all hope before the end of the 3rd quarter.

We don't need DHop to win the SB. But it sure would help to do it my way...
[Reply]
Page 113 of 324
« First < 1363103109110111112113 114115116117123163213 > Last »
Up