ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 112 of 324
« First < 1262102108109110111112 113114115116122162212 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Cardinals Release WR DeAndre Hopkins [Titans, 2yr/$26 million]
Dante84 11:03 AM 05-26-2023
Interesting

Cardinals released DeAndre Hopkins. pic.twitter.com/c0f9UaabYA

— Adam Schefter (@AdamSchefter) May 26, 2023

[Reply]
Pitt Gorilla 08:23 PM 06-03-2023
Originally Posted by Chris Meck:
AGAIN, you keep insisting that the team is not surrounding him with talent, and I think that's horseshit.
Chief Fan would rather have a "name" player than young talent. It would've been akin to paying Charvarius Ward instead of bringing in the young, talented rookies. The Chiefs went young which, somehow, still appears to be a market inefficiency.
[Reply]
chiefzilla1501 09:39 PM 06-03-2023
Originally Posted by Chris Meck:
AGAIN, you keep insisting that the team is not surrounding him with talent, and I think that's horseshit.
Half of nfl teams (15) drafted a first round WR in the past few years. There has been a run on WR1 contracts and some teams have such riches at the position they have WR1s playing WR2. Of course we’ve made a lot of moves the past 2 years. We had to replace 5 WRs. And we have to replace a WR1 but don’t want to spend money. So we’re taking a lot of swings at it. we are towards the bottom of the league when it comes to investing in this WR room. A position where even your 4th guy can contribute.

I don’t see why we can’t match what this wr room looks like with juju. But that is not the bar thar should be set. And I think youd need real rose colored glasses to not see question marks at WR1. Every elite qb has an absolute stud at WR1, some have two. I get what we are trying to do and I’m excited about the potential of the room. But let’s not sugarcoat this as if we’re making some grand investment. Or that we’ve wildly outfoxed the league by finding top shelf WR1 talent that teams were too stupid to pass up in the first. No, I’m not violently opposed to taking that gamble this season. I really just do not understand the contentment if worst case scenario we play without a true WR1 just because Reid and mahomes can make it work. Mahomes deserves a WR1, period.
[Reply]
Chiefshrink 09:49 PM 06-03-2023
Originally Posted by carcosa:
Where did you get your PhD out of curiosity
Matthew 7:6 -

“Don’t waste what is holy on people who are unholy. Don’t throw your pearls to pigs! They will trample the pearls, then turn and attack you.
[Reply]
chiefzilla1501 09:57 PM 06-03-2023
Originally Posted by Pitt Gorilla:
Chief Fan would rather have a "name" player than young talent. It would've been akin to paying Charvarius Ward instead of bringing in the young, talented rookies. The Chiefs went young which, somehow, still appears to be a market inefficiency.
No, I don’t have any delusions that this wr room will be quickly and neatly sorted out. Or that second round picks are really easy bets to turn into WR1. No matter how you spin it the chiefs are revolving their entire WR strategy around finding diamonds in the rough. And that’s fine but let’s not sugarcoat it as anything more than that.

We can be supportive of the direction we’re taking with the WR room while also not being content and shrug it off if no true WR1 emerges. I certainly don’t want to pay for a justin Jefferson just for the name. I certainly don’t see the harm in a stable WR1 bandaid until we get the rest of the room sorted out, especially with anything but a guarantee that we have any stable wr1 option.
[Reply]
Monticore 10:01 PM 06-03-2023
Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501:
No, I don’t have any delusions that this wr room will be quickly and neatly sorted out. Or that second round picks are really easy bets to turn into WR1. No matter how you spin it the chiefs are revolving their entire WR strategy around finding diamonds in the rough. And that’s fine but let’s not sugarcoat it as anything more than that.

We can be supportive of the direction we’re taking with the WR room while also not being content and shrug it off if no true WR1 emerges. I certainly don’t want a Justin Jefferson. I certainly don’t see the harm in a stable WR1 bandaid until we get the rest of the room sorted out, especially with anything but a guarantee that we have any stable wr1 option.
We draft last or near last every year for the last 9-10 years and probably for the next ten , it’s going to take some dart throws and luck to get true wr1 like we did with Hill if we want a good O line and a defense on the field .
[Reply]
jerryaldini 10:02 PM 06-03-2023
Half of nfl teams (15) drafted a first round WR in the past few years. There has been a run on WR1 contracts and some teams have such riches at the position they have WR1s playing WR2. Of course we’ve made a lot of moves the past 2 years. We had to replace 5 WRs. And we have to replace a WR1 but don’t want to spend money. So we’re taking a lot of swings at it. we are towards the bottom of the league when it comes to investing in this WR room. A position where even your 4th guy can contribute.

I don’t see why we can’t match what this wr room looks like with juju. But that is not the bar thar should be set. And I think youd need real rose colored glasses to not see question marks at WR1. Every elite qb has an absolute stud at WR1, some have two. I get what we are trying to do and I’m excited about the potential of the room. But let’s not sugarcoat this as if we’re making some grand investment. Or that we’ve wildly outfoxed the league by finding top shelf WR1 talent that teams were too stupid to pass up in the first. No, I’m not violently opposed to taking that gamble this season. I really just do not understand the contentment if worst case scenario we play without a true WR1 just because Reid and mahomes can make it work. Mahomes deserves a WR1, period.
Agree. Granted they managed last year without one, but it was frustrating during the playoffs how frequently Pat had nobody to throw to. Ah well can't be strong at every position group, but man it's mediocre at best. Another year with TE as our top receiver.
[Reply]
jerryaldini 10:07 PM 06-03-2023
Originally Posted by Pitt Gorilla:
Chief Fan would rather have a "name" player than young talent..
Sorry man but this sounds like Royals fans who always want to play the kids so they can "find out about them". That's fine to gamble with for a shitty franchise like the Royals. But this is prime Mahomes era Chiefs were talking about.
[Reply]
comochiefsfan 10:24 PM 06-03-2023

The Counterpoint I would make is that we have arguably the best receiver in the league on this team. He just happens to play tight end.

That gives us the flexibility to play around with the WR position.

I do agree that we could do more there but it’s a little disingenuous to act like we haven’t given Pat any pass catchers and exclude Kelce from that conversation.
[Reply]
carcosa 12:38 AM 06-04-2023
Originally Posted by Chiefshrink:
Matthew 7:6 -

“Don’t waste what is holy on people who are unholy. Don’t throw your pearls to pigs! They will trample the pearls, then turn and attack you.
Answer the question bitch
[Reply]
BWillie 03:27 AM 06-04-2023
Originally Posted by jerryaldini:
Sorry man but this sounds like Royals fans who always want to play the kids so they can "find out about them". That's fine to gamble with for a shitty franchise like the Royals. But this is prime Mahomes era Chiefs were talking about.
Yep. You can't waste Kelces last two years with Mahomes by HOPING one of your shitty wide receivers might be good someday. You better fucking KNOW. THIS IS OUR WINDOW. IT IS NOW. IT WILL NEVER BE WIDER WITH KELCE + REID + PRIME MAHOMES. Football isn't that easy. Stop taking this shit for granted people.
[Reply]
MahomesMagic 04:12 AM 06-04-2023
Originally Posted by chiefs1111:
Bills fans seemed pissed lol
17 million a year to a small DT that gets pushed around and isn't good with his hands.

After putting 36 million on the credit card.....

At least LA won a SB. Buffalo is doing this for nothing but the chance to look like they are viable.
[Reply]
Red Dawg 05:45 AM 06-04-2023
Originally Posted by BWillie:
Yep. You can't waste Kelces last two years with Mahomes by HOPING one of your shitty wide receivers might be good someday. You better ****ing KNOW. THIS IS OUR WINDOW. IT IS NOW. IT WILL NEVER BE WIDER WITH KELCE + REID + PRIME MAHOMES. Football isn't that easy. Stop taking this shit for granted people.
Wrong. You don't waste all your money on an old injured wr. You spend it in defense and draft youth for Mahomes.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 06:20 AM 06-04-2023

Great WRs come from all over the draft. It's not like QBs.if you look at last year's top 5, you'll see that ONE was a first round pick. Hell, DHop wasn't a first round pick.

'Contentment'?

Hell, I'm excited. I'm excited about the young talent and what it means not just for 2023, but '24,'25, and '26.

Kelce is the true #1, if you must label someone as such. This is the time to go with the young talent, while we still have him.

If last year is too low a bar for you, when we had the number one offense in football and won the Super Bowl, then you're entirely unreasonable.

Juju is a nice, professional receiver but is not particularly special in any way at this point. There's nothing there that isn't replaceable or able to be improved upon. We're not taking a step back. I fully expect to be BETTER, and sooner than later. We have 4 WRs in year two of the offense.

We don't need an over 30 WR eating up a chunk of cap space to do it. I've said it several times, but if ONE of the high investment WRs hits, we're fine. If TWO hit, we're winning the Super Bowl. If all THREE are plus players, we probably win 3 straight. If any of the lottery tickets hit, shit, we might go undefeated.

I'll bet on Veach to hit on at least 30%, wouldn't you?

And the parallel investment in the offensive and defensive lines made possible by going young at WR and CB will be a big reason why.

Paying market price for an elite receiver is counter to the team building KC has been doing for the last 15 months. You don't sell out to try to win a SB at this point in Mahomes 'career. You build a team that can win 5 or 6 of the next 8.

It's just math. It's what you have to do when you're paying an elite QB. Buffalo is about to find that out. Cincinnati a year from now.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 06:28 AM 06-04-2023
Originally Posted by BWillie:
Yep. You can't waste Kelces last two years with Mahomes by HOPING one of your shitty wide receivers might be good someday. You better ****ing KNOW. THIS IS OUR WINDOW. IT IS NOW. IT WILL NEVER BE WIDER WITH KELCE + REID + PRIME MAHOMES. Football isn't that easy. Stop taking this shit for granted people.
'shitty WRs'? Fuck all the way off with this bullshit. You do NOT get a seat on my bus this year.
[Reply]
Rainbarrel 06:39 AM 06-04-2023
The "Kelce is being wasted" is some serious. I need to run to the pawn shop to keep this high going, copium. Travis is GOATing!
[Reply]
Page 112 of 324
« First < 1262102108109110111112 113114115116122162212 > Last »
Up