ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 111 of 140
« First < 1161101107108109110111 112113114115121 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Frank Clark to KC!
MAHOMO 4 LIFE! 11:30 AM 04-23-2019

Sources: The #Seahawks and #Chiefs are deep in talks on a trade to send star Frank Clark to KC. The compensation would include a 1st rounder, a 2020 2nd rounder and a swap of mid-rounders. To complete it, the franchise tagged player and Chiefs must hammer out a deal.

— Ian Rapoport (@RapSheet) April 23, 2019

[Reply]
staylor26 09:05 AM 04-24-2019
Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501:
And you're a complete homer if you look at the totality of veachs work and want to sell anyone that we consistently get good value out of our negotiations. Again, I like veachs work including the Clark deal. But he's not a great negotiator and you're putting some heavy spin on a lot of underwhelming deals to make it sound otherwise.
I’ve said myself that I wasn’t exactly thrilled with the compensation but it’s not as simple as a 1 and a 2. It’s the 29th pick that would most certainly give you a 2nd round talent and the 2 is for 2020 and will likely be a late pick giving it late 3rd round value. We also move up 8 spots in the 3rd this year. It wasn’t any worse than what the Browns gave up for a diva WR.

What GM is out there getting great deals on blue chip talent?

I’ll wait...
[Reply]
Halfcan 09:08 AM 04-24-2019
Originally Posted by srvy:
This is going to be one of those threads where people repeat over and over their defense or distaste for the trade. Whats done is done move on this train ain't stopping till the parade.
Wait until Clark is destroying QB's, whipping the crowd at Arrowhead into a frenzy - these naysayers will be silent then.

Not many on here were at the games when DT was hitting Steve Young so hard he was puking on the field, setting the single game sack record, smashing Elway so hard in the rain they had to drag him off the field.

I think Clark could be this type of player, the guy can hit and he will give many QB's happy feet wondering where he is at.

DT and Neil Smith wrecked worlds- now we have the new Batman and Robin in Clark and Jones. It is going to be exciting!
[Reply]
ToxSocks 09:08 AM 04-24-2019
I watched this last night.

Get to know Frank Clark as he lines up against Fisher and Schwartz all game.

[Reply]
Chief Roundup 09:09 AM 04-24-2019
Originally Posted by pugsnotdrugs19:
Reiter isn’t guaranteed shit as far as being the starter. He’s the front runner, but there’s healthy competition there I’d say.
Who is his "healthy competition"?

Sent from my SM-S906L using Tapatalk
[Reply]
ptlyon 09:11 AM 04-24-2019
Originally Posted by Halfcan:
Wait until Clark is destroying QB's, whipping the crowd at Arrowhead into a frenzy - these naysayers will be silent then.

Not many on here were at the games when DT was hitting Steve Young so hard he was puking on the field, setting the single game sack record, smashing Elway so hard in the rain they had to drag him off the field.

I think Clark could be this type of player, the guy can hit and he will give many QB's happy feet wondering where he is at.

DT and Neil Smith wrecked worlds- now we have the new Batman and Robin in Clark and Jones. It is going to be exciting!
Something moved in my pants when I read that
[Reply]
FAX 09:12 AM 04-24-2019
Originally Posted by Red Dawg:
Media slamming us for one reason, Clarks past. Peters, Hill and Hunt turned out to be bad press. Clark hasn't yet but already Teicher is acting like a moron about it.

Only time will tell but I was thinking they would not take a chance and go down this road again. Apparently they didn't feel this was a problem.
Interestingly, Clark and the Chiefs bought themselves some goodwill by dumping Hunt so quickly. Most pundits and casual fans are unaware of the "lying" aspect of Hunt's behavior (all they know is what they saw on the vid-yo). They saw a guy playing kick-a-chick. They saw a guy immediately thrown to the curb by the Chiefs. They were shocked. That's a sticky sequence of events.

We are not perceived (generally speaking) as a team that harbors criminals. Rather, we are viewed as a team that values and rebuilds character and provides the occasional 2nd chance. I chalk that up to Wally's reputation, Mahomes' goody two-cleats image, and Clark's abrupt and immediate discharge of Hunt.

FAX
[Reply]
tmax63 09:12 AM 04-24-2019
Reid and Veach have done this off season is what I truly hoped but didn't think they had the balls to do. The defense started getting soft a couple of years ago and they didn't seem to adapt well during games. Last year was a breaking point. It needed "all blowed up" but I was afraid that as close as they came to the Super Bowl they would just try and tinker around the edges. They didn't. Firing Sutton on the Tuesday and flushing Berry, Houston, Ford, Murray, Bailey and bringing in new blood. I'm the most optimistic I've been in 15 years.
[Reply]
ToxSocks 09:12 AM 04-24-2019
Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501:
Watkins
Hitchens
No Earl Thomas trade (rumor that we also sought other DB trades last year too)
Underwhelming trade comp for Ford
Underwhelming comp for Peters
No comp at all for houston
Huge trade comp for frank clark
Tons of credible rumors of us desperately shopping for trades at spring meetings.

Cmon, are you really going to say that all these deals paint a picture of shrewd negotiation? I know many will make excuses for each of these transactions individually. But how many individual excuses can you make without acknowledging a pattern?
This.

He also neglected the secondary last season during what was suppose to be a good DB class.

None of that makes Veach a bad GM. Just not an impressive one. Yet.
[Reply]
MAHOMO 4 LIFE! 09:16 AM 04-24-2019

Round 2 from @PFF_Steve's 3-round mock for the #NFLDraft2019 – updated after the Frank Clark to KC trade!

All 3 rounds �� �� https://t.co/TJxr4mS6tZ pic.twitter.com/JGZruHAHwB

— Pro Football Focus (@PFF) April 24, 2019

This mock is unrealistic after I saw Daniel Jones on this
[Reply]
kgrund 09:16 AM 04-24-2019
Originally Posted by tmax63:
Reid and Veach have done this off season is what I truly hoped but didn't think they had the balls to do. The defense started getting soft a couple of years ago and they didn't seem to adapt well during games. Last year was a breaking point. It needed "all blowed up" but I was afraid that as close as they came to the Super Bowl they would just try and tinker around the edges. They didn't. Firing Sutton on the Tuesday and flushing Berry, Houston, Ford, Murray, Bailey and bringing in new blood. I'm the most optimistic I've been in 15 years.
Well said.
[Reply]
Halfcan 09:17 AM 04-24-2019
Watch Ford in that first series- he dogged it all the way up the field.
[Reply]
MAHOMO 4 LIFE! 09:17 AM 04-24-2019
Originally Posted by Halfcan:
Watch Ford in that first series- he dogged it all the way up the field.
Meanwhile Clark was chasing Damien Williams 20 yards up the field
[Reply]
TambaBerry 09:19 AM 04-24-2019
Originally Posted by MAHOMO 4 LIFE!:
sign me up
[Reply]
FAX 09:25 AM 04-24-2019
Originally Posted by Mecca:
Also, like it or not this defense needs some ****in assholes with passion and desire, we've been soft forever.
This sentiment coincides with my opinion, exactly.

FAX
[Reply]
O.city 09:25 AM 04-24-2019
Another plus on Clark is that he's just entering his prime. He could continue to improve.
[Reply]
Page 111 of 140
« First < 1161101107108109110111 112113114115121 > Last »
Up