ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 110 of 139
« First < 1060100106107108109110 111112113114120 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Chiefs acquire WR Kadarius Toney via Trade
Dante84 10:30 AM 10-27-2022

Breaking: The #Giants are trading WR Kadarius Toney to the #Chiefs, per @Schultz_Report. A conditional 3rd and a 6th rounder go to NYG.

— Ari Meirov (@MySportsUpdate) October 27, 2022

[Reply]
Chris Meck 08:27 PM 11-15-2022
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
It's awfully good practice and a REALLY impressive trick if you can do it simultaneously preaching 'family' and telling guys that they're free to be themselves.

How do you do all that and not sound like something of an authoritarian hypocrite? You need a TON of buy in.

Reid is an impressive cat.
Well, be yourself, but don't embarrass the family.
[Reply]
NJChiefsFan 08:39 PM 11-15-2022
It's awfully good practice and a REALLY impressive trick if you can do it simultaneously preaching 'family' and telling guys that they're free to be themselves.

How do you do all that and not sound like something of an authoritarian hypocrite? You need a TON of buy in.

Exactly. It only works if you have true respect from everyone that matters in the locker room. For him to be able to say hey guys be yourselves I'm not here to micromanage you but also completely lock their wrists up on social media. That takes picking your battles perfectly and being honest and consistent. People don't buy in otherwise.
[Reply]
raybec 4 08:44 PM 11-15-2022
Originally Posted by NJChiefsFan:
Exactly. It only works if you have true respect from everyone that matters in the locker room. For him to be able to say hey guys be yourselves I'm not here to micromanage you but also completely lock their wrists up on social media. That takes picking your battles perfectly and being honest and consistent. People don't buy in otherwise.
That's the key to good leadership anywhere. Be truthful but don't be a blunt asshole, hold everyone to the same standards.
[Reply]
NJChiefsFan 08:48 PM 11-15-2022
Originally Posted by raybec 4:
That's the key to good leadership anywhere. Be truthful but don't be a blunt asshole, hold everyone to the same standards.
Truth. One of my favorite lines as a teacher is to say that kids have varying intelligence but regardless of how smart they are, they all know when you are honest and treat them fairly.
[Reply]
Buehler445 09:00 PM 11-15-2022
Hope not.

I'd be out of a job...
LOL.

You find yourself out of a job, I’ll hire you.
[Reply]
raybec 4 09:02 PM 11-15-2022
Originally Posted by NJChiefsFan:
Truth. One of my favorite lines as a teacher is to say that kids have varying intelligence but regardless of how smart they are, they all know when you are honest and treat them fairly.
I work in manufacturing. I'm a manager for a mid size facility. The thing young supervisors (and some experienced ones) do wrong a lot of times is mistake acting like a blunt jackass for "just being honest". If an employee is not meeting the standards you can let them know that without degrading them. It builds much better chemistry among you and your employees if you're honest with a little empathy.
[Reply]
Stryker 09:08 PM 11-15-2022
Best acquisition the Chiefs made all season! So glad we acquired him! Incredible player! :-)
[Reply]
JohnnyHammersticks 08:58 AM 11-16-2022
This is the dawning of the age of Kadarius.
[Reply]
IowaHawkeyeChief 09:02 AM 11-16-2022
Originally Posted by oldman:
I don't think you can compare Moore's progress to Toney's. Moore's a rookie, probably not used to NFL speed and talent, Toney is. But your point about Kelce helping out is well taken. Has anyone noticed he seems to be calling out coverages to the WRs?
Kafka's offense is similar, it's not like Thoney came in with no base for this offense.
[Reply]
htismaqe 09:03 AM 11-16-2022

There's two avenues that lead to obedience - respect and fear.

Andy practices the former. It works.
[Reply]
Bearcat 09:10 AM 11-16-2022
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
There's two avenues that lead to obedience - respect and fear.

Andy practices the former. It works.
Why not both?

[Reply]
DJ's left nut 09:13 AM 11-16-2022
Originally Posted by IowaHawkeyeChief:
Kafka's offense is similar, it's not like Thoney came in with no base for this offense.
He came in with less than Moore had.

I mean it's not like he was out there running practice reps with his hamstring pull. Nor was his camp the same as the camp Moore went through when they were doing specific installs.

It's just a lousy excuse.
[Reply]
-King- 09:37 AM 11-16-2022
Originally Posted by IowaHawkeyeChief:
Similar terminology =/= similar offense
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 09:57 AM 11-16-2022
Originally Posted by -King-:
Similar terminology =/= similar offense
What, you don't figure the Jags had our offense all figured out since Doug Pederson was once the OC here?

Surely you're mistaken...
[Reply]
redfan 10:01 AM 11-16-2022
I can see why this kid was a 1rst round pick (albeit Giants). Hops, hands, and quicks, what's not to like? Went for 39 for 420 in 10 games last year with that QB.
Are the Giants rerunned?
[Reply]
Page 110 of 139
« First < 1060100106107108109110 111112113114120 > Last »
Up