ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 11 of 15
« First < 7891011 12131415 >
Nzoner's Game Room>EB getting passed again....
F150 11:11 AM 01-27-2022
I just can't figure this shit out.
[Reply]
chiefzilla1501 07:54 PM 01-27-2022
Originally Posted by Easy 6:
Poles taking a pass was all I needed to begin putting things together, its not about race... you need to catch up
I don’t think Poles’ move says anything. He’s not going to hire a chiefs coach to replace Nagy. I don’t think EB will get a job but wouldn’t put too much stock in this particular move.
[Reply]
Easy 6 08:07 PM 01-27-2022
Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501:
I don’t think Poles’ move says anything. He’s not going to hire a chiefs coach to replace Nagy. I don’t think EB will get a job but wouldn’t put too much stock in this particular move.
EB has been passed over time and again for two years running, even Poles didn't give him a token interview... you should put stock in moves like that
[Reply]
chiefzilla1501 08:13 PM 01-27-2022
EB has been passed over time and again for two years running, even Poles didn't give him a token interview... you should put stock in moves like that
I put stock in EB getting passed many times. I don’t put stock in Poles passing up on him. Best way to piss off the fans would have been to give EB a token interview. Nor do I think poles would waste EBs time knowing it wasn’t an option. Nagy was unpopular on the way out and last thing poles wants to do is to even hint that he brings any more of the same.
[Reply]
arrwheader 09:15 PM 01-27-2022
Originally Posted by FlaChief58:
Why even interview if you have no intention of taking the job? Doesn't make sense.
Experience, curtosey, curiosity.

Sent from my SM-F711U1 using Tapatalk
[Reply]
nychief 09:16 PM 01-27-2022

Poles isn't suicidal, he wasn't going to hire another Chiefs OC after Nagy. Lets not get twisted. Poles just shot himself in the dick with hiring a DC.
[Reply]
TribalElder 09:41 PM 01-27-2022
We keep going on playoff runs with EB as OC

Fuck these other teams

I saw some chatter about the Saints job but I'm selfish, the continuity we have had at all the coordinator positions has been excellent. Toub, Spags, and EB are all pretty good at their jobs
[Reply]
Halfcan 10:10 PM 01-27-2022
I guess EB will have to stay here until every finger has a SB ring on it. Poor guy.

Why would he even want the stress of a head coaching job, when he has the best job in the NFL right now?
[Reply]
bevischief 01:11 AM 01-28-2022
Rumor is Reid is going retire after this season. EB to replace him.
[Reply]
MAHOMO 4 LIFE! 01:38 AM 01-28-2022
Originally Posted by bevischief:
You must believe in Bigfoot too
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 01:47 AM 01-28-2022
Originally Posted by bevischief:
Reid has a better chance of having a coronary than retiring in the next five years.
[Reply]
Otter 02:31 AM 01-28-2022
Originally Posted by Halfcan:
I guess EB will have to stay here until every finger has a SB ring on it. Poor guy.

Why would he even want the stress of a head coaching job, when he has the best job in the NFL right now?
This. Can't imagine how EB would want to retain being OC for this team. It just doesn't make sense! Morons.
[Reply]
Otter 02:33 AM 01-28-2022
Originally Posted by F150:
What is EB telling his suitors? That's right, you don't know.
[Reply]
Mile High Mania 02:59 AM 01-28-2022
Originally Posted by TribalElder:
We keep going on playoff runs with EB as OC

**** these other teams

I saw some chatter about the Saints job but I'm selfish, the continuity we have had at all the coordinator positions has been excellent. Toub, Spags, and EB are all pretty good at their jobs
So, EB doesn't call plays right? I mean, when he was rumored to go to Denver, many on here were like "fine, see ya - you don't call plays, we have Mahomes".

Now, it's like "why is he not getting a HC offer? Fine, we'll keep going to the playoffs with him."

Is KC really going to the playoffs for anything that EB is doing? My guess is that you could roll out almost any OC that isn't the play caller and not miss a beat as long as Mahomes is back there and Reid calls the shots.
[Reply]
ChiefsFanatic 03:32 AM 01-28-2022
Originally Posted by InChiefsHeaven:
Guys...as much as people hate to acknowledge it...the guy is just not head coach material. It's not because he's black...it's because he is not a good candidate for a HC. I bet you every GM that interviews him thinks "holy crap, no way am I hiring this guy, I don't care what Stephen A says"...

I think he's a motivator and can execute a plan, but he's not an innovator and cannot come up with a plan, and that's coming out in interviews.
I said this before. At first I thought he was absolutely going to be a HC in the NFL.

But, I have listened to every interview, and he just does not talk or answer questions, or give info like a HC.

I know, what's a HC sound like, anyway? Right? But, there are people you listen to, like in their introductory interview, and you say to yourself, now that's a HC, or you say WTF, how did this guy get hired.

Did anyone think Fangio was going to be good after hearing him speak? How about Gase. Or Todd Haley? Or Romeo Crennel? I certainly didn't.

But, when I heard Andy Reid, Jon Gruden (yes, I'm old) Marty, Tom Coughlin, Sean Payton, etc. I knew they sounded like head coaches.

The only exception that I have ever listened to is Tony Dungy. When he was introduced for the Bucs, I thought he sounded more like milk or toast than an NFL head coach. Oops. I was wrong on that one.

EB obviously interviews terribly. Also, while I am sure he knows lots of Xs & Os, he seems like more of a rah rah guy than someone who could lead an entire organization.

However, with all that said, he is definitely worth a shot over some of the people recently hired. Like Urban Meyer, the old dude the Texans hired, or Adam Gase getting a second shot from the Jets after failing at their division rivals in Miami.

Sent from my GM1915 using Tapatalk
[Reply]
Nickhead 04:07 AM 01-28-2022
Originally Posted by F150:
he's telling people he doesn't want to coach anyone other than mahomes :-)
[Reply]
Page 11 of 15
« First < 7891011 12131415 >
Up