ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 11 of 23
« First < 7891011 1213141521 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Thoughts the day after
TwistedChief 04:32 AM 09-20-2021
Went to bed embarrassed and mad. Woke up fine.

We've lost so infrequently over the past couple years that I think we've forgotten how to do it. And how to cope with it as fans.

That defensive performance was about as pathetic as I can ever remember. Literally no saving grace on that front. And that's concerning. But we can acknowledge that these two matchups were particularly bad for this team and we've seen Spags' defenses look lost in the past only to make adjustments and find a way to improve to semi-respectable.

The reality is we played a NUMBER of close games like this last year and each and every time the ball bounced our way. Now, a lot of that is because we have Mahomes who has papered over endless deficiencies for the last few years, but even as a recently as last week, if Chubb doesn't fumble, do we win that game? What is the narrative like then?

Clyde looks bad. Like, even below the status of a normal JAG running back. But I don't think you can fault Andy for running the ball in that situation. It's not like the guy has a LeSean McCoy recent history of fumbling for you (or at all). It happened. It sucks.

Anyway, guys, this is no different from prior seasons. We can beat any team. We have Mahomes and 99% of the time Clyde isn't fumbling there, Butker kicks a FG, we end up winning the game, and we're all doing cartwheels and looking forward to the Chargers. It didn't happen here, but that doesn't make us materially worse as a football team.

This team ex-Mahomes has been soft. Hopefully this toughens us up. We'll be fine.
[Reply]
-King- 11:14 AM 09-20-2021
Originally Posted by comochiefsfan:
You think Spags and the players are in on rigging games. I can 100% buy the refs rigging games but you lose me when you say the teams are involved as well.
You gotta trust Blackop when it comes to this shit. You can't make the type of money he's made betting on sports without the type of knowledge he has.
[Reply]
mr. tegu 11:15 AM 09-20-2021
Originally Posted by OnTheWarpath15:
Even more negligent when you consider the Ravens were playing without their 2 best CB's.

And when the rb might be our worst offensive player.
[Reply]
St. Patty's Fire 11:15 AM 09-20-2021
The only reason we lost is because CEH is a certified retard

Literally not worried in the least. Mahomes was cruising to win the game and got fucked by his teammate.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 11:16 AM 09-20-2021
If Mahomes throws an errant pass or the receiver drops it, this place is screeching about how Reid still hasn't learned clock management.
[Reply]
lcarus 11:18 AM 09-20-2021
Originally Posted by MMXcalibur:
What is most depressing about this effort is that this was the Ravens offense at their weakest. A collection of zombies and JAGs at running back all the while missing their best offensive line talent and still, STILL this shit defense got gashed left and right by Baltimore.

We're still playoff-bound, don't get me wrong (and it's cute seeing the Raiders and Broncos' fans get excited in Week 2)....but that awful rush defense is going to be our kryptonite come January.

EDIT: Also what stings most is that we had this game all but won until CEH elected to put the goddamn ball on the ground. Even with all those flaws, this was a very winnable game that is now a "1" in the loss column. Enjoy your Super Bowl, Baltimore.
I remember getting absolutely gashed by the Titans on the ground. It was a week 10 game. The first game Mahomes came back after his kneecap injury. It was a very similar type of loss. Our offense was wrecking them and the defense got complacent. We could've put them away but we didn't and they came back. Then we blew our tying field goal chance at the end. We had been awful against the run all year to that point. Everyone said we had the worst run defense in football and it was true. Then our defense turned it around in a big way. We beat the brakes off of Oakland the next week and then went into New England and beat them. We won out the rest of the season and ended up winning the Super Bowl.

A big part of that turnaround was because we had acquired Mike Pennel. After strangely making him inactive for the game against Tennessee and watching DT Joey Ivie get destroyed in the run game, we put him in the starting lineup and it worked. So adjustments can be made. Things can turn around.
[Reply]
mr. tegu 11:18 AM 09-20-2021
Originally Posted by Superturtle:
If Mahomes throws an errant pass or the receiver drops it, this place is screeching about how Reid still hasn't learned clock management.

No, because you still have third down to complete and the clock is still in your favor. The Ravens didn’t stop a short pass play all night and the Chiefs have a hundred pass plays more likely to gain a few yards than they do running plays.
[Reply]
comochiefsfan 11:19 AM 09-20-2021
Nah.

I'd be disappointed but at peace with the fact that we lost because our best player didn't come through.

We can afford for Patrick to be the guy who makes the game losing mistake. We can't afford for Clyde to be that person.
[Reply]
OnTheWarpath15 11:19 AM 09-20-2021
Originally Posted by O.city:
AFter thinking it over, I don't mind the run. Yeah, you'd prefer to hindsight it in Mahomes hands, but a 2nd and 3 run there causes the Ravens to burn their last TO, then at worst you have 3rd and 4 or whatever and you can do anything you want.

Just a bad fumble at the worst time.
For a team that utilizes the passing game as an extension of the running game, who also has the best QB on the planet, when no one had covered Kelce all night, (or really anyone other than Tyreek) when you need to run the clock AND gain positive yardage...

And you give the ball to a RB who had gained precisely ONE yard in the previous 4? drives combined?

I just can't get on board with the call.
[Reply]
comochiefsfan 11:20 AM 09-20-2021
Originally Posted by mr. tegu:
No, because you still have third down to complete and the clock is still in your favor. The Ravens didn’t stop a short pass play all night and the Chiefs have a hundred pass plays more likely to gain a few yards than they do running plays.
Just find Kelce in space.

Boom. 5 yards, first down and the clock keeps moving.
[Reply]
RunKC 11:20 AM 09-20-2021
CP always goes through Kubler Ross’s stages of grief after a loss. We’re in denial, depression, anger and bargaining phase but we’ll get to acceptance by Friday
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 11:21 AM 09-20-2021
Originally Posted by mr. tegu:
We're already in field goal range. We don't need yards. We need to bleed every second possible off the clock considering how incredibly poorly our defense has performed.
[Reply]
Wallcrawler 11:23 AM 09-20-2021
This has to be the most retarded narrative born after a loss I've seen in a long time. Like some of our skill position players aren't known for some of the dumbest antics after the catch.

Yep. Pringle and Kelce gettin those RAC TDs. Dumbest antics on a football field ive ever seen. He was completely justified calling a run proven that nothing good was going to take place over our playmakers moving the ball and possibly scoring.

You literally said that shit in the same breath as calling my narrative retarded.

Maybe sit the the next few plays out, champ.
[Reply]
lcarus 11:23 AM 09-20-2021
This has to be the most retarded narrative born after a loss I've seen in a long time. Like some of our skill position players aren't known for some of the dumbest antics after the catch.
If we had passed the ball and it ended up being an interception, sack, holding penalty, fumble by the receiver, or even just an incompletion that stopped the clock and left Baltimore enough time to come back and win, everyone would be saying "Why can't Andy ever RUN the fucking ball?! All we had to do was run 3 times and kick the field goal!"
[Reply]
comochiefsfan 11:24 AM 09-20-2021
We're already in field goal range. We don't need yards. We need to bleed every second possible off the clock considering how incredibly poorly our defense has performed.
Yes we did need yards.

It would've been about a 48 yarder from where we were. We needed to get closer.
[Reply]
BlackOp 11:25 AM 09-20-2021
Originally Posted by comochiefsfan:
You think Spags and the players are in on rigging games. I can 100% buy the refs rigging games but you lose me when you say the teams are involved as well.
This is a billion dollars industry that is fueled by ratings/parity and gambling...Reid has been a HC for 23 years.

I realize it's nice to think he's immune to the financial drivers of his industry...and the pressure this situation presents.

See, the Chiefs with Mahomes are a point-spread problem...and can cost Vegas millions and millions of dollars.

Hell, even that frog-faced jerk-off Florio said "if the Chiefs ever play a complete game, they will score 100 points"...and Sims was wondering why AR always takes his foot off the gas.

He couldn't explain the game-plan in the first Tampa game...after the half.

It's a game of point spreads....and Vegas always wins.

You guys can believe what you want...I have my observations. You dont have to agree with them...if you lost money on the Chiefs this week and are mad at AR for his play calling...well.

At least you'll find comfort in the typical "This loss is on me...I need to coach better" response.
[Reply]
Page 11 of 23
« First < 7891011 1213141521 > Last »
Up