ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 11 of 48
« First < 7891011 1213141521 > Last »
Media Center>Ed Harris takes Top villain role in HBOs "Westworld" reboot
Buck 06:14 PM 11-02-2016
Originally Posted by listopencil:
Think of it like this:

Isaac Asimov's "Three Laws of Robotics"

1. A robot may not injure a human being or, through inaction, allow a human being to come to harm.
  2. A robot must obey orders given it by human beings except where such orders would conflict with the First Law.
  3. A robot must protect its own existence as long as such protection does not conflict with the First or Second Law.

http://www.auburn.edu/~vestmon/robotics.html

The androids are roughing up Rodrigo Santoro when William escapes but he's smiling at the end of the scene because he knows he's not really in any danger. Now remember that every potentially dangerous item is controlled by the company. In one scene a fire wasn't started because the only host with the correct psychological blocks necessary to be allowed to handle an axe wasn't present. The guns don't function correctly when used against a human. The explosives Ed Harris used had to be authorized before they were allowed to work (also meaning that the nitro wasn't going to blow up on that train regardless of whether Dolores shot at it).
Rodrigo Santoro is actually not the friend of William. He is the gunslinger Hector (the guy who rolls into town with his posse...the one who Maeve wants to stab her in the stomach). He looks almost exactly the same as the guy playing Logan though.
[Reply]
listopencil 06:22 PM 11-02-2016
Originally Posted by Buck:
Rodrigo Santoro is actually not the friend of William. He is the gunslinger Hector (the guy who rolls into town with his posse...the one who Maeve wants to stab her in the stomach). He looks almost exactly the same as the guy playing Logan though.
OK, thanks for the correction, I'm trying to be clear with all of these characters involved and I can't keep their names straight.
[Reply]
Buck 06:25 PM 11-02-2016
OK, thanks for the correction, I'm trying to be clear with all of these characters involved and I can't keep their names straight.
Yep, that's the issue with watching a new show.

Rodrigo Santoro (Hector):

Ben Barnes (Logan):

Hector Left/Logan Right

[Reply]
listopencil 06:43 PM 11-02-2016
Dang. They actually look a lot more alike then I realized.
[Reply]
Bowser 06:52 PM 11-02-2016
Huh....
[Reply]
listopencil 02:01 AM 11-03-2016
Meh. The more videos I watch of people explaining the multiple timelines theory the less believable it becomes.
[Reply]
BWillie 03:17 PM 11-03-2016
I absolutely love this show, but I want to continue to be surprised. I had no idea this was a reboot until I read this thread a week ago. I have never heard of the original movie. Should I watch it or will that ruin anything for me?
[Reply]
Deberg_1990 03:30 PM 11-03-2016
Originally Posted by BWillie:
I absolutely love this show, but I want to continue to be surprised. I had no idea this was a reboot until I read this thread a week ago. I have never heard of the original movie. Should I watch it or will that ruin anything for me?
The original is a bit of 70s cheese now, but you should watch. It wouldn't ruin anything from the series. The series is a lot different other than the basic premise

Yul Brenner makes quite a menacing and creepy robot gone haywire
[Reply]
listopencil 03:37 PM 11-03-2016
Originally Posted by BWillie:
You should definitely watch the original movie. It won't ruin anything. I am hoping that the insurrection referenced in the TV show is actually based on the events of that movie. But only the first movie, the second one was garbage.
[Reply]
Deberg_1990 03:43 PM 11-03-2016
You should definitely watch the original movie. It won't ruin anything. I am hoping that the insurrection referenced in the TV show is actually based on the events of that movie. But only the first movie, the second one was garbage.
The 2nd movie? Futureworld?
[Reply]
listopencil 03:44 PM 11-03-2016
Originally Posted by Deberg_1990:
The 2nd movie? Futureworld?

Yeah. I think so. That was horrible.
[Reply]
Deberg_1990 03:48 PM 11-03-2016
Yeah. I think so. That was horrible.
It's been a while since I've seen that one but your probably right

Michael Crichton wrote and directed the original I doubt he was involved with that one.
[Reply]
listopencil 07:58 PM 11-03-2016
Here is something kind of fun from the wiki page on the original Westworld movie:

The technicians running Delos notice problems beginning to spread like an infection among the androids: the robots in Roman World and Medieval World begin experiencing an increasing number of breakdowns and systemic failures, which are said to have spread to West World. When one of the supervising computer scientists scoffs at the "analogy of an infectious disease," he is told by the Chief Supervisor (Alan Oppenheimer), "We aren't dealing with ordinary machines here. These are highly complicated pieces of equipment, almost as complicated as living organisms. In some cases, they've been designed by other computers. We don't know exactly how they work."
[Reply]
listopencil 04:14 AM 11-14-2016
Here is something kind of fun from the wiki page on the original Westworld movie:

The technicians running Delos notice problems beginning to spread like an infection among the androids: the robots in Roman World and Medieval World begin experiencing an increasing number of breakdowns and systemic failures, which are said to have spread to West World. When one of the supervising computer scientists scoffs at the "analogy of an infectious disease," he is told by the Chief Supervisor (Alan Oppenheimer), "We aren't dealing with ordinary machines here. These are highly complicated pieces of equipment, almost as complicated as living organisms. In some cases, they've been designed by other computers. We don't know exactly how they work."

They had this moment in the episode tonight. Ford said that they don't really understand how the hosts work. I think he was saying because even he doesn't understand exactly what Arnold did, I don't recall it that specifically.
[Reply]
Silock 09:18 PM 11-03-2016

[Reply]
Page 11 of 48
« First < 7891011 1213141521 > Last »
Up