ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 11 of 13
« First < 7891011 1213 >
Nzoner's Game Room>How do you guys feel about eventually dying?
TripleThreat 02:33 AM 05-26-2024
I have these random I guess you can call “episodes” where i have this almost out of body experience where i start saying to myself, you’re just you, you’re literally just you, and start thinking about how minuscule i am and then it eventually leads to how i am so fearful of dying one day. I understand I wasn’t around for the Korean War, or world war 2, or the Roman Empire, and that makes sense, since I simply wasnt existing, but now that I exist, the thought of me not existing, and quite frankly never being able to exist again terrifies me. I went to a religious school for a few years and went to church etc, but science tells me that my body make up is unique, and just being born is winning the lottery in its own right. As nice as it is to think my body protrudes this soul is going to rise up and say what up Jesus am I in? or my very unique dna that can profile me as a murderer is going to somehow leak out of my dead composing body, and makes its way into some other woman’s vagina to again try to fight off another 1 million other contestants (assuming dad didn’t jerk off that day) just really gets to me that I have this one chance and this limited, aka very limited time to live a good life. I have a good life mind you. Great wife, supportive family, 2 kids now, great house, but this whole death thing just makes me say sometimes like, wtf man, I want to experience this love and life forever, why does it gotta be so short. Just would like to hear your guys’ thoughts on the manner. Thanks.
[Reply]
ptlyon 02:10 PM 05-28-2024
Originally Posted by jdubya:
Where did the atoms come from?
Uranus
[Reply]
jdubya 02:41 PM 05-28-2024
Originally Posted by ptlyon:
Uranus
Brutal.....what did Daface ever do to you? :-)
[Reply]
Wallcrawler 02:55 PM 05-28-2024
Can't fucking wait.

Have been insanely tempted to skip to the end numerous times. Definitely do not want to end up like my grandfather, 88 years old, looks like he's just in his early 70s, lonely and praying for death.

Fuck that shit. Life's miserable enough.

He's the posterchild for Mellencamp's "Life goes on"

Oh yeah life goes on
Long after the thrill of living is gone
[Reply]
MarkDavis'Haircut 03:30 PM 05-28-2024
Originally Posted by ptlyon:
Especially with you in it
It wouldn't be Heaven with him there.
[Reply]
ToxSocks 03:32 PM 05-28-2024
No one lives forever, no one. But with advances in modern science and my high level income, it's not crazy to think I can live to be 245, maybe 300.
[Reply]
jdubya 03:40 PM 05-28-2024
Originally Posted by Wallcrawler:
Can't ****ing wait.

Have been insanely tempted to skip to the end numerous times. Definitely do not want to end up like my grandfather, 88 years old, looks like he's just in his early 70s, lonely and praying for death.

**** that shit. Life's miserable enough.

Oh yeah life goes on
Sorry to hear that.

When folks are working at their careers, being a spouse and father/mother to their children.......life is busy. Many are too distracted to contemplate what their purpose in life really is. When one retires, some advise, "Stay busy". I think that is so one can keep distracting themselves from answering the question, "What is my purpose in life?". Its not an easy question to answer for many. When folks stop trying to figure that out, I think depression and failure to thrive set in and thats a horrible place to be.
[Reply]
Fat Elvis 05:58 AM 05-29-2024
Originally Posted by ToxSocks:
No one lives forever, no one. But with advances in modern science and my high level income, it's not crazy to think I can live to be 245, maybe 300.
I think in this scenario, you really have to consider who would benefit from such an advancement in regenerative medical technology. Somehow, I doubt it would be democratized and the very people who have the resources to access it are the folks for whom death is a great equalizer.
[Reply]
ChiTown 06:13 AM 05-29-2024
Originally Posted by Wallcrawler:
Can't fucking wait.

Fuck that shit. Life's miserable enough.

Oh yeah life goes on
Wait, how old are you? If your grandfather is 88, you can’t be much older than your late 40’s/early 50’s and you’re begging for death?

This shit is depressing. I think I’m done with this thread…
[Reply]
Katipan 06:21 AM 05-29-2024
I used to get the same long scratch on my body whenever I would talk shit about my ex. So many times in the same place, there is a faint scar. The frequency slowed down but every year around his birthday it returns. Yes another CPer has seen it.

I guess you can call it mathematical probabilities. It's been like 13 years.
[Reply]
Pablo 07:04 AM 05-29-2024
Originally Posted by ChiTown:
Wait, how old are you? If your grandfather is 88, you can’t be much older than your late 40’s/early 50’s and you’re begging for death?

This shit is depressing. I think I’m done with this thread…
If you have ever read some of his football takes you’d be begging for death as well
[Reply]
luv 07:06 AM 05-29-2024
The only downside would be leaving my son. He's 8, and, while he will be loved and taken care of, I can't stand the thought of him losing his mom at a young age.
[Reply]
vonBobo 08:33 AM 05-29-2024
"What to do if you find yourself stuck in a crack in the ground underneath a giant boulder you can't move, with no hope of rescue. Consider how lucky you are that life has been good to you so far. Alternatively, if life hasn't been good to you so far, which given your current circumstances seems more likely, consider how lucky you are that it won't be troubling you much longer."
Douglas Adams, The Original Hitchhiker Radio Scripts
[Reply]
ThrobProng 08:50 AM 05-29-2024
Originally Posted by MarkDavis'Haircut:
It wouldn't be Heaven with him there.
Don't worry, you'll be able to float around on a cloud and worship 24/7 just fine.
[Reply]
Megatron96 02:08 PM 05-29-2024
“Eventually “ is fine. “Tomorrow “ wouldn’t be ideal.
[Reply]
scho63 02:13 PM 05-29-2024
Not a fan
[Reply]
Page 11 of 13
« First < 7891011 1213 >
Up