ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 11 of 13
« First < 7891011 1213 >
Nzoner's Game Room>Chiefs sign DT Danny Shelton
ToxSocks 04:11 PM 08-15-2022
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
I'd largely tuned out by mid-3rd so I'll take your word for it.
Well now imma have to watch it again.

But i remember watching some rushing plays, rewinding to find out wtf happened to our DT's and seeing Stallworth getting mauled out of his spot. And that was in late 3rd/4th qtr.
[Reply]
Megatron96 10:32 PM 08-15-2022
This guy might be the keystone of the defense for the next couple three years. He's a monster. He's not even a known pass rushing threat, but every OC double-teams him. And he beats them. Continuously.

Then one has to consider just how much Spags likes to move DLs around, when that's obviously this guy's specialty. He's going to fit into this defense in a very short time.

Oh, and our LBs are going to become household names if Shelton is healthy for the season. Those guys are going to have a field day when Shelton is on the field.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 10:42 PM 08-15-2022
Originally Posted by Megatron96:
This guy might be the keystone of the defense for the next couple three years. He's a monster. He's not even a known pass rushing threat, but every OC double-teams him. And he beats them. Continuously.

Then one has to consider just how much Spags likes to move DLs around, when that's obviously this guy's specialty. He's going to fit into this defense in a very short time.

Oh, and our LBs are going to become household names if Shelton is healthy for the season. Those guys are going to have a field day when Shelton is on the field.
We’re talking about the same Danny Shelton who has been forgettable at best the last two seasons, right? The dude that was still unsigned headed into camp and couldn’t start for the Giants?

THAT Danny Shelton is going to be the ‘keystone’ of a championship caliber defense and difference maker for the entire system?

Um…aight.
[Reply]
Megatron96 10:56 PM 08-15-2022
We’re talking about the same Danny Shelton who has been forgettable at best the last two seasons, right? The dude that was still unsigned headed into camp and couldn’t start for the Giants?

THAT Danny Shelton is going to be the ‘keystone’ of a championship caliber defense and difference maker for the entire system?

Um…aight.
I did say "might."

He has something to prove, obviously considering he really didn't play for the last two seasons.

But when he plays well, he's the run-stuffing DT we've always wanted to have next to Chris Jones.

Watch that first video and watch where he's looking, and then where he puts himself, and then how he gets to the ballcarrier. He may not be a physical specimen or a great athlete, but he's definitely a very savvy football player.

If he stays healthy and still really wants to play football, he's definitely going to makes some big plays for the team this season.
[Reply]
TwistedChief 03:09 AM 08-16-2022
I know nothing of this guy and obviously PFF rankings have their flaws. But the guy has a very clear drop off the last couple seasons from a run defense perspective.

2021 43.4
2020 44.9
2019 68.2
2018 72.8
2017 78.7
2016 83.7
2015 66.1

His pass rush grades in contrast have been pretty steady.
[Reply]
UChieffyBugger 03:05 AM 08-16-2022

Um…aight.
Mike Pennel was signed and CUT by the Pats, comes to KC on a cheap deal and was a vital piece in helping us win the superbowl. This guy is the closest thing we've had to Pennel but has more passrush potential and has actually been on a championship winning team aswell. I think this added ingredient to the DL room could really enhance the line even further tbh.
[Reply]
srvy 12:22 AM 08-16-2022
This guy must have been working the ice cream machine at DQ when they signed him.

[Reply]
wazu 07:43 AM 08-16-2022
I want this guy to be good mainly because it would be really fun to watch.
[Reply]
louie aguiar 07:48 AM 08-16-2022
I wish they would have drafted this guy instead of Cook. Now they’re forced to sign journeymen like Shelton.

These four clips show exactly why so many were ecstatic when Travis Jones fell to the Ravens in the third round pic.twitter.com/o4L88ZOzdC

— Kevin Oestreicher (@koestreicher34) August 14, 2022

[Reply]
RealSNR 08:38 AM 08-16-2022
Originally Posted by louie aguiar:
I wish they would have drafted this guy instead of Cook. Now they’re forced to sign journeymen like Shelton.

Again, like the Pickens/Moore thing, if Cook becomes a great safety, then Travis Jones is irrelevant.

We needed a DT? We need great players. Period. If Cook becomes a great player, then whatever. The Chiefs can’t draft all the great players every year
[Reply]
JPH83 09:55 AM 08-16-2022

Yep, this was the pick for me. Cook's fine but this was the miss imo.
[Reply]
bsp4444 12:06 PM 08-16-2022

Damn, the Ravens sure know how to draft Defense.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 03:01 PM 08-16-2022
Originally Posted by bsp4444:
Damn, the Ravens sure know how to draft Defense.
For the most part the Ravens have succeeded by just not getting cute.

Hamilton and Linderbaum were just extremely steady picks who are almost surefire plus players. Ojabo is a great risk/reward play and Jones in the 3rd was a damn steal.

Oweh and Stephens were similar in 2021,queen, Dobbins and Harrison in 2020. The board really comes their way quite a bit and they just stay pretty conventional with it. And by and large it works out for them.

And then having SIX picks in the 4th round this year didn't hurt either. You're gonna get some talent there, especially in this draft. They've had 4 first rounders over the last 2 seasons. They had 4 3rd rounders back in 2020. The Ravens just routinely stockpile draft capital and then stay pretty measured in the guys they draft.
[Reply]
Kiimo 08:41 AM 08-16-2022
Cook looked like a human missile on that kickoff, I'm excited to see more of him
[Reply]
PHOG 09:02 AM 08-16-2022
Looks as if Feast Mode is his nickname? :-)

https://www.pro-football-reference.c...S/ShelDa01.htm
[Reply]
Page 11 of 13
« First < 7891011 1213 >
Up