ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 11 of 16
« First < 7891011 12131415 > Last »
Media Center>Big Bang Theory
Scott Pilgrim 12:15 PM 10-26-2013
Originally Posted by splatbass:
Really? Have you watched "Two Broke Girls"?
You right... I haven't given enough bad TV a chance I will edit it to "one of" the worse shows on TV
[Reply]
splatbass 12:18 PM 10-26-2013
Originally Posted by Scott Pilgrim:
You right... I haven't given enough bad TV a chance I will edit it to "one of" the worse shows on TV
I'm guessing you just don't like sitcoms.
[Reply]
Scott Pilgrim 12:29 PM 10-26-2013
I'm guessing you just don't like sitcoms.
I can get behind some sitcoms... Community is one of my favorite shows on television. for some reason I have always liked How I met your mother even though it got old after awhile. but I cant deal with this show. Its more then likely not worse than most things on TV I just cant stand how it misrepresents nerd culture.
[Reply]
Lex Luthor 12:25 PM 10-26-2013
Originally Posted by Scott Pilgrim:
This is really one of the worst show on television
LOL. You posted a single short sentence, then you edited it, and you still can't get the grammar correct. It's not surprising that you don't get Big Bang Theory. It's WAY over your head.
[Reply]
Mosbonian 12:46 PM 10-26-2013
LOL.....makes you chuckle to hear that people are arguing over whether or not they like a show because of the "canned laughter".

But then again, there are shows that people find hilarious I find idiotic and banal and can't figure out why people watch them.

It's all in your personal taste.
[Reply]
Jamie 01:37 PM 10-26-2013
The Big Bang Theory is not a smart show. It's a dumb relationship comedy wearing thick glasses and a pocket protector. The jokes sometimes reference science and geek culture, but rarely in a way that requires you to understand the reference to get the joke (and if you do need to get the reference they explain it).
[Reply]
unlurking 01:48 PM 10-26-2013
Originally Posted by Jamie:
The Big Bang Theory is not a smart show. It's a dumb relationship comedy wearing thick glasses and a pocket protector. The jokes sometimes reference science and geek culture, but rarely in a way that requires you to understand the reference to get the joke (and if you do need to get the reference they explain it).
This.

I like BBT, but it is not a "science" show.
[Reply]
splatbass 07:22 PM 10-26-2013
Originally Posted by Jamie:
It is very popular among actual scientists.
[Reply]
ragedogg69 08:28 PM 10-26-2013
[Citation Needed]
[Reply]
Ebolapox 09:02 PM 10-26-2013
Originally Posted by ragedogg69:
[Citation Needed]
as an actual scientist, and among my fellow scientists, we enjoy the show. your sample size may vary.
[Reply]
splatbass 11:14 PM 10-26-2013
Originally Posted by ragedogg69:
[Citation Needed]
Besides Ebolapox, here are a couple more examples:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...e-Bazinga.html

Brazilian biologist Andre Nemesio said he named the species of Brazilian orchid bee Euglossa bazinga in honor of 'the clever, funny, nerd character Sheldon Cooper,' because the bee had tricked scientists for some time with its similarity to other species.

According to the Smithsonian, Sheldon Cooper has also an asteroid named after him (246247 Sheldoncooper).

[Reply]
BucEyedPea 11:34 AM 12-08-2013
To my knowledge it is.

When they were launching it, the writers sought a grad student from Cal Tech to ensure the science was accurate. When they called CalTech physics department for a grad student, professor Saltzberg said he wanted to do it. So they went with him. All those equations on the white board are checked by him as well as various props and he also checks the script for science inaccuracies. To my knowledge, they've even had students from that dept in the audience at times. From what I've read the scientists at the school are fans of the show.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/David_Saltzberg
[Reply]
Pablo 03:02 PM 10-26-2013
Although I will say it's much, much better than Two Broke Girls. Whoever brought that show up deserves an eye-stabbing.

My wife watched TBBT and TBG regularly. I can at least tolerate listening to TBBT in the background. Two Broke Girls is an abortion having an abortion.
[Reply]
ragedogg69 03:14 PM 10-26-2013
Originally Posted by Pablo:
Two Broke Girls is an abortion having an abortion.
agreed.
[Reply]
cardken2 09:39 PM 10-26-2013
I watch both BBT and 2BG because my GF likes them. I try to find the brightside. Kuoco's tits and Behrs Legs.
[Reply]
Page 11 of 16
« First < 7891011 12131415 > Last »
Up