ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 11 of 17
« First < 7891011 12131415 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Anyone ever had to kick their kid out of the house?
Mecca 12:26 PM 10-26-2021
My step son is veering dangerously close to this. His mom is already wanting him out...is there even remotely a good way to go about this?
[Reply]
ptlyon 07:11 PM 10-26-2021
Originally Posted by Mr. Wizard:
Sorry you are in this situation. Hopefully this helps…

https://www.lawhelp.org/dc/resource/...from-your-home

Good luck with everything
THAT WASN'T BOOBS!
[Reply]
WhawhaWhat 07:18 PM 10-26-2021
Originally Posted by ptlyon:
THAT WASN'T BOOBS!

[Reply]
suzzer99 07:21 PM 10-26-2021
Originally Posted by Hoover:
Mecca - sorry to hear about your troubles, but I appreciate this thread.

My son is 7, good kid, but this is my greatest fear in life.
When I was 13, I worked for my stepdad one summer as his mechanic's assistant for $1/hour. It was over 100 degrees almost every day and completely miserable. I obviously couldn't call in sick or do anything to get out of it because I lived in the same house.

Since that summer, every other job I've had in my life has seemed like a cakewalk. Given my terrible study habits and general procrastination in other parts of my life, I'm so happy that getting up and going to a job never seemed hard for me. I don't know if my stepdad gave me that on purpose or if it just worked out that way, but I've always been appreciative.

I also learned about the value of money. At the end of the first week I had $40 for the pair of Jordache jeans I wanted. But I was like no way I'm working 40 hours for a damn pair of jeans.
[Reply]
Titty Meat 07:23 PM 10-26-2021
Originally Posted by WhawhaWhat:
I'd love to eat his ass while your man glue is running down the side of it and into my mouth so my face can be attached to that ass
[Reply]
REDHOTGTO 07:27 PM 10-26-2021
yea we did it for both our kids, they were both little shits, maybe not quite as bad as this kid sounds but bad.
gave them 30 days to find a friend to move in with or live in their car, which i gave them both cars.
it works out in the end, they both heard the 'pop' as i call it, when their head comes out of their asses, they act lot better trust me
[Reply]
PunkinDrublic 07:29 PM 10-26-2021
Moral of the story if you’re going to live under Mecca’s roof don’t ever argue over player metric evaluations or college vs pro-style offenses. Especially if he’s banging your Mom.
[Reply]
ChiTown 07:34 PM 10-26-2021
Originally Posted by Titty Meat:
I'd love to eat his ass while your man glue is running down the side of it and into my mouth so my face can be attached to that ass
You have a real way with words…
[Reply]
Raiderhater 08:03 PM 10-26-2021
Originally Posted by RubberSponge:
That is a outlier. He could have easily found himself under a bridge with a growing meth addiction and future spiraled in homelessness.

We are talking about a kid who is struggling in some way right now. My point is adding the enormous struggle of being homeless does not help like most would think it would. Tough love can be tough and have adverse outcomes.
If that is what he chooses, so be it. I get what you are saying, and there is a time to take that into consideration. There is also the point where they reach an age where, wether they act like it or not, kids become adults and have to choose their own path. You can’t let them take advantage of you indefinitely.

Now, that is to say that I’m advocating for this particular kid to be kicked out (but neither am I advocating against it), I don’t know this situation beyond what I’ve read here. But, at a certain point you have to stop worrying about them making the wrong choice and acknowledge their right to choose.
[Reply]
lewdog 08:18 PM 10-26-2021
You can't change someone who is a sociopath. It's the hard truth.

My wife's sister is one and after one too many issues and drama, we cut all ties including blocking her number so she can't contact us for ANYTHING. We also wrote her out of our will and my wife's parents will, so she can't try to scam any of us for money if we die because I know she'd get a lawyer to make claims on anything she could.
[Reply]
Valiant 08:20 PM 10-26-2021
Make him sign a contract.

He will have a job, pay rent and bills or will be evicted.

There will also be a curfew until he is caught up on bills. Install deadbolts that he doesn't have a key for. Treat him like an adult. Also have in the contract that harassment of the mother is not allowed.

If he doesn't want to sign the contract he can get out now and you will call the police.

Kids are not weak like they want you to believe. They are good manipulators now a days.
[Reply]
ThaVirus 08:50 AM 10-27-2021
Originally Posted by Marcellus:
Well I think we found the root cause.
Not all kids respond well to authoritarian parenting, though.
[Reply]
ThaVirus 08:51 AM 10-27-2021
Originally Posted by burt:
Just for reference...

Sent from my LM-X410(FG) using Tapatalk
This makes me sad, but I suppose as long as he is healthy, happy and not hurting anyone..
[Reply]
FlaChief58 08:59 AM 10-27-2021
Originally Posted by ThaVirus:
This makes me sad, but I suppose as long as he is healthy, happy and not hurting anyone..
That's kind of where I saw my son heading. He's always said he doesn't want to just go to work, pay bills and die. I suppose there's something to that, but unless you're ok living on the streets and eating out of trash cans, it's just not reality.
[Reply]
ThaVirus 09:17 AM 10-27-2021
Originally Posted by FlaChief58:
That's kind of where I saw my son heading. He's always said he doesn't want to just go to work, pay bills and die. I suppose there's something to that, but unless you're ok living on the streets and eating out of trash cans, it's just not reality.
I feel that. The rat race can be soul crushing from time to time, but it beats relying on handouts and never knowing what's coming next.
[Reply]
FlaChief58 09:29 AM 10-27-2021
Originally Posted by ThaVirus:
I feel that. The rat race can be soul crushing from time to time, but it beats relying on handouts and never knowing what's coming next.
Exactly. I'll take a nice medium rare steak dinner over a half eaten dumpster dog any day
[Reply]
Page 11 of 17
« First < 7891011 12131415 > Last »
Up