ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 106 of 112
« First < 65696102103104105106 107108109110 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Chiefs sign UDFA Justyn Ross
ShowtimeSBMVP 10:28 AM 05-02-2022

Clemson WR Justyn Ross is signing with the #Chiefs to their 90-man roster, per source.

Ross led the ACC in receiving as a freshman in 2018, ranked fifth nationally with 21.7 YPC and was second in receiving touchdowns. He also stands 6-3, 210 pounds. High quality addition for

— Jordan Schultz (@Schultz_Report) May 2, 2022

[Reply]
saphojunkie 01:41 PM 10-09-2023
Drops happen to young receivers. Speed of the game is much different, and they don't really know yet when that big hit is coming. He'll get better, as Rice seems to be doing.
[Reply]
ThaVirus 03:15 PM 10-09-2023
Originally Posted by Dunerdr:
Rice drops two passes on 5, 7 and 5 targets and people bitch up a storm. Ross drops 2 of 3 targets and everyones jerking him off. I dont get it.
I think the degree of difficulty of that high point catch gained Ross a good bit of leeway.

Rice hasn’t really made any spectacular catches so I think people get a little more annoyed with his drops.

Plus, Rice is a 2nd rounder vs an UDFA. Rice’s drops seem to be a bit worse in the sense that they’re often wide open drops. Like there was one drop, I think against the Jets, where there wasn’t anyone within 5 yards of Rice and he just gaffed it lol Ross’ drops have been a little more contested
[Reply]
Abba-Dabba 05:36 PM 10-09-2023
Doesn't look like much of a man beater, but if he can develop finding the soft spot in zone coverage he should be able to have a career. I'm surprised he hasn't been used in more end zone packages.
[Reply]
Chieftain 05:53 PM 10-09-2023
That one drop where he was open and the ball bounced off his chest, that can't happen. Many of us were too eager at the start of the season to have Ross replace Watson but as we have seen so far this season, coaching staff is proven right to stick with a known commodity in Watson. Ross has the tools but he needs to be more assertive in his routes. He lacks that agressiveness and physicality which for example Toney has.
[Reply]
RealSNR 05:54 PM 10-09-2023
I’m about to go psycho on some of you with THE DROPZ

He’s not letting balls ricochet off his chest into defenders for pick 6s. He’s got a super tiny sample size to judge him by, and people are already pinning him as this ball dropping Todd Pinkston motherfucker.

“He has to get the drops figured out!” How about you give him more than one goddamn game before you obsess over this player who never had a drop problem in the limited football experience he’s had prior to this year.

A drop problem. Fucking please.
[Reply]
JohnnyHammersticks 06:47 PM 10-09-2023
It was just nerves, he’s never had an issue with drops.

He has great hands, just like Jason Avant.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 07:19 PM 10-09-2023
sex

Beautiful release from Justyn Ross to win on the slot fade. Mahomes throws it to a spot and trusts Ross to go get it. pic.twitter.com/nDAz7o1VD8

— Zack Eisen (@zackeisen21) October 10, 2023

[Reply]
BigRedChief 09:15 PM 10-09-2023
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:
2 drops yesterday

has to do better
True but….

Originally Posted by BleedingRed:
Going to be fair,

His snap count is way to low. Hes coming off the bench cold a bunch.
he should be getting more snaps.
[Reply]
Chief Pagan 10:01 PM 10-09-2023
Originally Posted by RealSNR:
I’m about to go psycho on some of you with THE DROPZ

He’s not letting balls ricochet off his chest into defenders for pick 6s. He’s got a super tiny sample size to judge him by, and people are already pinning him as this ball dropping Todd Pinkston mother****er.

“He has to get the drops figured out!” How about you give him more than one goddamn game before you obsess over this player who never had a drop problem in the limited football experience he’s had prior to this year.

A drop problem. ****ing please.
You new here?

:-)
[Reply]
New World Order 10:22 PM 10-09-2023
Give Ross the snaps, yo
[Reply]
ThyKingdomCome15 01:26 AM 10-10-2023
Skyy got the nod early, it's not working out. Rice and Ross are coming on. These are answers we didn't have before the season. Just goes to show why the Chiefs experimenting early pays off bigly when it matters most.

We're on the right track. I'm feeling great about this team rn.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 05:12 AM 10-10-2023
Originally Posted by Abba-Dabba:
Doesn't look like much of a man beater, but if he can develop finding the soft spot in zone coverage he should be able to have a career. I'm surprised he hasn't been used in more end zone packages.
That big catch was man coverage. There aren't many 6'4" corners.
[Reply]
Abba-Dabba 05:18 AM 10-10-2023
Originally Posted by Chris Meck:
That big catch was man coverage. There aren't many 6'4" corners.
And he still didn't beat his man. He high pointed the ball over his head.
[Reply]
crispystl 05:42 AM 10-10-2023
Yeah but that will defintely work in the RZ.I'm surprised they don't get him in those packages more.
[Reply]
UChieffyBugger 05:43 AM 10-10-2023
He was ahead of the guy when he caught the ball so wtf are you talking about? Separation is separation nomatter how small it is fgs :-)
[Reply]
Page 106 of 112
« First < 65696102103104105106 107108109110 > Last »
Up