ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 105 of 256
« First < 55595101102103104105 106107108109115155205 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Let's Talk About Baltimore (AFC Championship)
SHOWTIME 08:41 PM 01-21-2024
Headed back to the AFC Championship Game!!!! Discuss.
[Reply]
PHOG 08:14 PM 01-24-2024
Originally Posted by OneWinningDrive:
I can respect this. It's also an entertaining flex that you guys all call it the "Lamar Hunt" trophy. Never heard anyone else refer to it that way, but it makes sense obviously.
Lamar Hunt Trophy-AFC...George Halas Trophy-NFC

https://www.profootballnetwork.com/h...r-hunt-trophy/
[Reply]
Bearcat 08:15 PM 01-24-2024
Originally Posted by Megatron96:
Hardly makes KC infallible. Does tend to hide a lot of warts, when there are a lot of warts, like this season.

Personally, I had BAL beating KC in this game a few weeks ago, when we were kind of prognosticating what the playoffs would look like.

Imo, BAL is the more complete team this season, with a much better group of weapons than they've had in the past (is Mark Andrews going to play in this game, btw?) and a defense the equal of, possibly even better than, the Chiefs' defense. Though the margin is pretty thin in that regard. Again, imo.

But really, this game probably will be decided by whether Pacheco will be effective running the ball vs. your DL/LBs (something I'm not confident about) and if Pat can elevate the play of his receivers not named Travis Kelce/Rashee Rice, something else that I have doubts about. And KC is dependent on Pacheco being able to run the ball effectively, this season more than any other. And our WRs, outside of Rice, are basically varying degrees of trash.

So Pat will have to play a really great game. No average performance is going to get it done. i expect BAL to score somewhere in the mid-20s, maybe as many as 27, after watching how they dismantled SF's defense. The Chiefs offense is going to have to elevate their play above anything we've seen so far in 2023.

This is where I'm hoping that your DL won't be able to generate consistent quick pressure on Mahomes. That somehow Andy will find a way to keep them at bay long enough for Pat to get through his reads and execute the offense.

If not, we're probably toast.

But none of that is extraordinary. Every offense needs to be able to protect the passer and run the ball to win. If our defense can stuff the run and pressure Lamar but keep him from running all over the place, we have a legit shot at beating BAL. Simple. Not easy by any stretch, but simple.
Not sure I'd go that far....
8 plays/65 yards, FG
11 plays/53 yards, TD
4 plays/-3 yards, FG
11 plays/64 yards, TD
3 plays/44 yards, TD
1 play/9 yards, TD
11 plays/89 yards, FG

....they were given short field after short field with all of the interceptions and it was taking them 11 plays to go 50-60 yards.

Not saying it wasn't an impressive game all around and they still took advantage of the short fields... it's just what kind of sucks about having so few games to look at, you get one with 5 interceptions and it really throws it off.
[Reply]
OneWinningDrive 08:17 PM 01-24-2024
I get it, guys. All I'm saying is that I just haven't heard the full name of the trophy used in pretty much any context other than maybe when the ceremony happens after the AFC title game. Except here I've seen it used multiple times. And I get why. If the Trophy was the MVP was called the "Johnny Unitas" trophy, people from Baltimore would make sure to use that full title too. Just entertaining is all.
[Reply]
Megatron96 08:21 PM 01-24-2024
Originally Posted by Bearcat:
Not sure I'd go that far....
8 plays/65 yards, FG
11 plays/53 yards, TD
4 plays/-3 yards, FG
11 plays/64 yards, TD
3 plays/44 yards, TD
1 play/9 yards, TD
11 plays/89 yards, FG

....they were given short field after short field with all of the interceptions and it was taking them 11 plays to go 50-60 yards.

Not saying it wasn't an impressive game all around and they still took advantage of the short fields... it's just what kind of sucks about having so few games to look at, you get one with 5 interceptions and it really throws it off.

I mean, you have a point. However, given SF's roster defensively, and it's a really great roster, imo, they just shouldn't have allowed all those points. But when I was watching them, they looked so predictable/ineffective. My buddy, who's a BAL fan, even blurted out something along the lines of "if Spags had that D, BAL wouldn't score half those points."

Which was funny at the time, because I had no idea he thought that much of Spags.

I'm impressed with SF's defensive players; not so impressed with their DC and how he calls games.
[Reply]
tredadda 08:22 PM 01-24-2024
Conversations about things like "legacy" are intertwined with narratives. And the narrative going into these playoffs is that Mahomes hadn't won a road playoff game. He did that this past week, but if he comes into Baltimore and beats one of the most dominant regular season teams of all time to go to the Super Bowl, it definitively answers that question. That matters when you're talking about "legacy" whether Chiefs fans want to act like they're too cool for it or not.
Ummm no it doesn't. He is already a first ballot HOF QB......at 28. His legacy is ensured. This is why we keep saying that the pressure is on Baltimore and Jackson. Mahomes and KC have nothing to prove. Lamar and the Ravens do.
[Reply]
digger 08:23 PM 01-24-2024
I get it, guys. All I'm saying is that I just haven't heard the full name of the trophy used in pretty much any context other than maybe when the ceremony happens after the AFC title game. Except here I've seen it used multiple times. And I get why. If the Trophy was the MVP was called the "Johnny Unitas" trophy, people from Baltimore would make sure to use that full title too. Just entertaining is all.

[Reply]
Stryker 08:24 PM 01-24-2024
Sorry if Q but wanted to post these 2 from YouTube...

[Reply]
TwistedChief 08:26 PM 01-24-2024
Gotta be honest: I kinda like OneWinningDrive. Genuinely think he came here with honest intentions of good, spirited discussion but has been dragged into our cesspool and has become one of us. And now he’s battling a bunch of CP zombies coming at him from all angles. Can you imagine having to respond to Megatron and DJLN back to back?

It’s so easy and fun to co-opt these softies. Welcome to CP, OWD. Enjoy your slice of Fuck Pie and be sure to wash it down with anti-freeze. And legitimately: good luck on Sunday. No one thinks we’re unbeatable but we don’t think you are either.
[Reply]
tredadda 08:32 PM 01-24-2024
I can respect this. It's also an entertaining flex that you guys all call it the "Lamar Hunt" trophy. Never heard anyone else refer to it that way, but it makes sense obviously.
You should probably Google what the AFCCG trophy is called.
[Reply]
OneWinningDrive 08:35 PM 01-24-2024
Originally Posted by TwistedChief:
Gotta be honest: I kinda like OneWinningDrive. Genuinely think he came here with honest intentions of good, spirited discussion but has been dragged into our cesspool and has become one of us. And now he’s battling a bunch of CP zombies coming at him from all angles. Can you imagine having to respond to Megatron and DJLN back to back?

It’s so easy and fun to co-opt these softies. Welcome to CP, OWD. Enjoy your slice of **** Pie and be sure to wash it down with anti-freeze. And legitimately: good luck on Sunday. No one thinks we’re unbeatable but we don’t think you are either.
Appreciate that! I don't usually post on opposing fans' message boards. But I've always been morbidly fascinated by the cretins on Chiefsplanet, so I couldn't resist. Believe me that if this game was against the Jaguars or some such, I wouldn't care enough to engage. It's just the fact that it's the Chiefs that makes me feel like this is a moment in time worth engaging with. Will try not to get sucked into the back and forth anymore. That's never a good look as a visitor.

I do think this Ravens team are worthy challengers to the Chiefs. This roster is the culmination of DeCosta's first real effort as the GM, and I think in many ways it was designed with the knowledge that the Ravens would have to go through the Chiefs. But I can accept that until and unless the Ravens beat the Chiefs, they're still just the challengers and you're the champs.
[Reply]
tredadda 08:35 PM 01-24-2024

It’s so easy and fun to co-opt these softies. Welcome to CP, OWD. Enjoy your slice of Fuck Pie and be sure to wash it down with anti-freeze. And legitimately: good luck on Sunday. No one thinks we’re unbeatable but we don’t think you are either.
We just need rfaulk in here to battle him.
[Reply]
Pinchshot 08:43 PM 01-24-2024
Originally Posted by stevieray:
We don't win that game without MVS.
Toney is up next
[Reply]
TwistedChief 08:45 PM 01-24-2024
Appreciate that! I don't usually post on opposing fans' message boards. But I've always been morbidly fascinated by the cretins on Chiefsplanet, so I couldn't resist. Believe me that if this game was against the Jaguars or some such, I wouldn't care enough to engage. It's just the fact that it's the Chiefs that makes me feel like this is a moment in time worth engaging with. Will try not to get sucked into the back and forth anymore. That's never a good look as a visitor.

I do think this Ravens team are worthy challengers to the Chiefs. This roster is the culmination of DeCosta's first real effort as the GM, and I think in many ways it was designed with the knowledge that the Ravens would have to go through the Chiefs. But I can accept that until and unless the Ravens beat the Chiefs, they're still just the challengers and you're the champs.
I could not agree more with anything you’ve said here. You beat us on Sunday (I think you will 60% of the time) and you’re in the conversation and deservedly so. Your regular season says you will. Our postseason success says we will. It’s all gravy for Chiefs fans here at this point after a supremely frustrating regular season, and believe me, I would’ve never believed walking out of Arrowhead after losing that first AFCCG against the Pats that I would’ve thought we had a “house money” experience in the AFCCG.

A lot of irony that some of the posters more aggressively disagreeing with you were those who were so quick to give up when the regular season was going so tremendously unevenly.

But fuck it. Here we are. In the AFCCG against one of the statistically most impressive teams of our generation. Believe me I’d rather this challenge than some pushover team.
[Reply]
Raiderhater 08:50 PM 01-24-2024

I seldom interact with these drive by for game week opposing fans - that I have been some today is no reflection OWD, it’s more about the mood I’m in. While he has certainly been dealing in many of the typical inconsistencies so many other opposing fans do in these situations, he has handled it with more grace and respect than the vast majority of those others.

In short, I agree.
[Reply]
Raiderhater 08:51 PM 01-24-2024
Originally Posted by tredadda:
We just need rfaulk in here to battle him.
As much as I want to hate that Cincy fucker, he’s earned his stripes around here.
[Reply]
Page 105 of 256
« First < 55595101102103104105 106107108109115155205 > Last »
Up