ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 100 of 107
« First < 509096979899100 101102103104 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Shooting at the parade
Otter 01:53 PM 02-14-2024

Just like #ChiefsKingdom has always been there for me and my family, we want to be there for them.❤️

The @Chiefs have launched #KCStrong, an emergency response fund supporting victims and their families, violence prevention and mental health services, and first responders.… pic.twitter.com/sYMnPgCWL0

— Patrick Mahomes II (@PatrickMahomes) February 16, 2024

Friendly mod reminder, this thread is about yesterday's shooting. Not about gun control, gun laws, politics, or anything of that nature. If you need everyone to know what's wrong in this world and how you'd fix it, grab your megaphone and soapbox and take it to DC, thanks.
[Reply]
Strongside 10:22 PM 02-20-2024
Originally Posted by Frazod:
So perhaps what many of us assumed was automatic fire might have just been two people shooting pistols at each simultaneously, and in fact there may not have been any fully automatic weapons involved at all.

That does make more sense. And if most of the wounding, fired shots were from 9mm pistols, it would also explain why there were a shit ton more injuries and only one death.
No. The clips with audio clearly illustrate automatic weapon fire.

The shooting lasts only a couple seconds, and 20+ people were hit. That isn’t possible with 2 guys firing semi automatic pistols at one another for 3-4 seconds.
[Reply]
suzzer99 10:27 PM 02-20-2024
Originally Posted by Strongside:

The shooting lasts only a couple seconds, and 20+ people were hit. That isn’t possible with 2 guys firing semi automatic pistols at one another for 3-4 seconds.
Could the Taurus G3 9mm handgun be modified for full-auto? Is this gun known by a more common name or is it a knockoff of a more common make?
[Reply]
Frazod 10:31 PM 02-20-2024
Originally Posted by Strongside:

Well, when it comes to full auto fire, I'm certainly no expert. I fired a couple of short bursts from a deck-mounted .50 when I was in the Navy, and that was decades ago. I've never fired a full auto rifle or seen one fired in person. I have, however, fired semi-auto weapons rapidly, and been around others who could do it much faster than I could. If you've got three or four panicky assclowns blasting away at each other quickly, I don't think it's unreasonable that the sound could be similar.

But again, I really wouldn't know.
[Reply]
TinyEvel 10:32 PM 02-20-2024
Yo, gun dudes, seems to me a regular handgun modded to full auto would be woefully inaccurate. Yeah? Plus, what's the max clip on a 9mm? 15? So, like .5 seconds?
[Reply]
suzzer99 10:36 PM 02-20-2024
Originally Posted by TinyEvel:
Yo, gun dudes, seems to me a regular handgun modded to full auto would be woefully inaccurate. Yeah? Plus, what's the max clip on a 9mm? 15? So, like .5 seconds?
There was one witness report that one of the shooters was spinning around in a circle. Seems like maybe an auto-fire pistol could do that if you're not bracing yourself properly.
[Reply]
Frazod 10:37 PM 02-20-2024
Yeah, it would be, unless you're really, really skilled in it's use. I seriously doubt these punks ever spent much time practicing at the local range.

As for magazines (not clips), a standard mag for a Glock 19 holds 15 rounds, but you can get much higher capacity mags than that. They'll just stick out of the bottom of the grip. IIRC the biggest one I've ever seen held 33 rounds.
[Reply]
suzzer99 10:38 PM 02-20-2024
Yeah where would these kids practice? Can't take an automatic pistol to the range. I guess a vacant lot, but very sporadically. Can't stick around long.
[Reply]
TinyEvel 10:38 PM 02-20-2024
Originally Posted by suzzer99:
There was one witness report that one of the shooters was spinning around in a circle. Seems like maybe an auto-fire pistol could do that if you're not bracing yourself properly.
Especially if you think you're Boyz N Da Hood and hold the gun sideways.

So, if it was a Glock 18 with the modded switch would fire 20 rounds per second and the max extended mag is 33 rounds. O_O

But. Think the earlier eyewitness said the one guy shot the gun through his backpack with it still in the backpack. I think that's the AR from one of the youths still waiting to be charged.
[Reply]
Mephistopheles Janx 10:39 PM 02-20-2024
Originally Posted by Frazod:
Yeah, it would be, unless you're really, really skilled in it's use. I seriously doubt these punks ever spent much time practicing at the local range.

As for magazines (not clips), a standard mag for a Glock 19 holds 15 rounds, but you can get much higher capacity mags than that. They'll just stick out of the bottom of the grip. IIRC the biggest one I've ever seen held 33 rounds.
50rd drums available

https://www.glockstore.com/50rd-Drum-Mag-for-Glocks
[Reply]
Frazod 10:42 PM 02-20-2024
Originally Posted by Mephistopheles Janx:
50rd drums available

https://www.glockstore.com/50rd-Drum-Mag-for-Glocks
They're not terribly concealable, though. :-)
[Reply]
Frazod 10:45 PM 02-20-2024
Especially if you think you're Boyz N Da Hood and hold the gun sideways.

So, if it was a Glock 18 with the modded switch would fire 20 rounds per second and the max extended mag is 33 rounds. O_O

But. Think the earlier eyewitness said the one guy shot the gun through his backpack with it still in the backpack. I think that's the AR from one of the youths still waiting to be charged.
The biggest problem you're going to have with something like that is muzzle rise; each following shot will go higher and higher. That happens if you rapid fire a semi-auto pistol as well. It would be an especially serious issue for a novice shooter. Again, it's not like these morons practice a lot or have any real training.
[Reply]
smithandrew051 10:45 PM 02-20-2024
Originally Posted by frozenchief:
I don't know if this has been posted elsewhere. Even if it has, I think it's pretty cool. Lisa Lopez-Galvan was wearing a Butker jersey when she was killed. Her family wanted her to be buried in one. Butker himself heard about it and send a jersey to her family. Pretty classy.

https://www.kshb.com/news/local-news...cker-delivered
I have a relative that’s met Butker several times and says he’s the nicest guy imaginable. I’m not surprised he’s doing something nice for the family.
[Reply]
ghak99 10:46 PM 02-20-2024
I haven't heard any audio that actually sounds like a full auto weapon. It all just sounds like overlapping pistol fire to me. If one of them was modified, we'll eventually hear about because it'll be on the list of additional charges.

Based on the extended mag on the weapons in the backpack, I assume they would have had a drum for their pistol if they had one that was actually an auto.
[Reply]
Frazod 10:47 PM 02-20-2024
Originally Posted by ghak99:
I haven't heard any audio that actually sounds like a full auto weapon. It all just sounds like overlapping pistol fire to me. If one of them was modified, we'll eventually hear about because it'll be on the list of additional charges.

Based on the extended mag on the weapons in the backpack, I assume they would have had a drum for their pistol if they had one that was actually an auto.
In the photo, it looked like that AR pistol had a 40 round mag.
[Reply]
suzzer99 10:51 PM 02-20-2024
Originally Posted by ghak99:

GRAPHIC VIDEO WARNING ��

Moment when gunfire broke out at the Kansas City Super Bowl Parade where eight children were among the 22 people injured with one dead. pic.twitter.com/8BRKHJKUsN

Call your Reps to demand sensible gun reform here: (202) 225-3121

— Amee Vanderpool (@girlsreallyrule) February 15, 2024

So this sounds like overlapping pistol fire to you? If so, does it sound like more than two guns?

This sounds pretty close imo.
[Reply]
Page 100 of 107
« First < 509096979899100 101102103104 > Last »
Up