ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 10 of 12
« First < 678910 1112 >
Nzoner's Game Room>Tamba drops a deuce on Alex Smith
T-post Tom 04:27 PM 05-11-2024

Tamba Hali recently admitted that, at times when Patrick Mahomes was on the bench behind Alex Smith in 2017, Chiefs players wanted Mahomes to play. https://t.co/U9kNvalVfY

— ProFootballTalk (@ProFootballTalk) May 11, 2024

I'll throw Florio a bone on this one... or maybe an anvil?
[Reply]
duncan_idaho 07:03 AM 05-13-2024
Originally Posted by penchief:
Here we go again. It was the insufferable Alex first fans that drew the ire, not Alex himself. It is true that fans were ready to move on from Alex because it was obvious to everyone that he wasn’t it. But it’s also true that fans appreciated his role in our return to respectability.

It was the Alexsexuals that told us that we didn’t know football and how stupid we all were for thinking we could do better than Alex. Then when Mahomes shut that narrative up with his play, we had to listen to them tell us how Mahomes owed his success to Alex Smith.

So glad that shit is in the past. They truly were insufferable.
This exactly. About time for someone to start talking about "Smitty!"
[Reply]
ThaVirus 07:39 AM 05-13-2024
Alex was infuriating to watch simply because he played scared. It was like fate hadn’t had enough with us yet during our stint with the coaching version in Marty. We just had to have a QB with all the skills but none of the gumption to let his nuts hang.

There were a couple moments of his that I’ll never forget. One was a speech to graduates at his Alma mater. He was going through his thought process in his first few years of playing QB in the NFL an and straight up admitted that he was afraid to fail. He would go onto the field telling himself over and over “Don’t mess up”, “Don’t throw an interception”, etc. He was obviously never able to shake that mindset even in KC.

Another was lower key but it was in the Pro Bowl. It was late, the game was on the line and the AFC was knocking on the door. They showed a clip of a coach on the sideline asking Smith “What do you want? A fade?” and Smith is just like “…. It’s your call”. Like, bro, it’s the Pro Bowl. Not a big deal. Just tell the coach you don’t like the call and pull up a different look.

He seems like a really good dude, though.
[Reply]
ThaVirus 07:42 AM 05-13-2024
Also, he made a great throw with the game on the line @ IND for that annoying Wild Card collapse in 2013. It was just good defense and Bowe couldn’t get his foot down.

I blamed him for that loss for years but now I can say he was only partially to blame.
[Reply]
Bl00dyBizkitz 07:58 AM 05-13-2024
Originally Posted by ThaVirus:
Also, he made a great throw with the game on the line @ IND for that annoying Wild Card collapse in 2013. It was just good defense and Bowe couldn’t get his foot down.

I blamed him for that loss for years but now I can say he was only partially to blame.
Fuck Bob Sutton.

Dude shouldve been fired then and there. Instead we had to wait 5 more years for it to happen.
[Reply]
stevieray 08:14 AM 05-13-2024
Originally Posted by Bl00dyBizkitz:
**** Bob Sutton.
This was the Achilles heal of those years, just like the DV era.

Lopsided teams where one player wasn't going to bail them out.
[Reply]
Ming the Merciless 08:25 AM 05-13-2024
Originally Posted by Mosbonian:
I have been here since the beginning of this place...I remember the Alex years and the frustration of being close yet failing to live to the teams fullest potential.

I also remember the prior 30+years of really crappy Chiefs history....people seem less angered by that than they are at the Alex years.....just seems odd to me.
there was some pretty heated anger in the Cassel years LOL

unfortunately I didn't find this beautiful oasis of geniouses until cassel
[Reply]
ThrobProng 08:28 AM 05-13-2024
The worst part of Mahomes' rookie season that he lost a whole year of stats, and quite possibly a deep run in the 2017-18 postseason.

I don't doubt AS gave Mahomes some pointers, but I've always doubted how much impact he actually had on Mahomes' development. I say it's been exaggerated because Smith is such a "nice guy".

Dudes with a micropenis don't teach dudes with a prehensile hog how to ****.
[Reply]
Dunerdr 08:30 AM 05-13-2024
Anyone else reading the headline as overly sexual? Just me? Ok.
[Reply]
Gravedigger 08:33 AM 05-13-2024
After 4 years and losing in the playoff in 3 of the 4 years in the first game, outside of the massacre of the Texans, I think the majority of people in KC felt it was time to move on, even from Reid. Especially after that inexplicable loss to the Titans, we were just done. Reid and Dorsey likely felt their time was running short as well so they took a risk with Patrick, luckily it paid off for Reid and gave him the longevity his coaching career so badly needed. If he didn't draft Patrick Mahomes we're talking about him being one of the greatest coaches to never win a Super Bowl, in the same kinda reverence we have for Dan Marino, instead of now talking about him as one of the greatest coaches to ever coach the game. That's the Mahomes factor. I just remember how shocked I was in 2017 when we had the balls to jump 17 spots to get him, I'm like "We haven't done this since the year I was fucking born, holy shit!"
[Reply]
ptlyon 08:34 AM 05-13-2024
Originally Posted by Dunerdr:
Anyone else reading the headline as overly sexual? Just me? Ok.
You should go here:
https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=353407
[Reply]
Dunerdr 08:40 AM 05-13-2024
Originally Posted by ptlyon:
You should go here:
https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=353407
Debating on clicking that on my work computer..
[Reply]
Ming the Merciless 08:43 AM 05-13-2024
Originally Posted by ThrobProng:
The worst part of Mahomes' rookie season that he lost a whole year of stats, and quite possibly a deep run in the 2017-18 postseason.

I don't doubt AS gave Mahomes some pointers, but I've always doubted how much impact he actually had on Mahomes' development. I say it's been exaggerated because Smith is such a "nice guy".

100% agree with a lot of this.

the 1 year wait was OK in my book because of NFL diet, strength training, film work, coaching (by NFL qb coaches and so forth) practicing with and against NFL players, and being prepared to take over.

getting "coached" by Alex had 2 things to do with Patrick's success in the NFL:

Jack & Shit
[Reply]
ptlyon 09:00 AM 05-13-2024
Originally Posted by Dunerdr:
Debating on clicking that on my work computer..
As he's posting in a thread entitled "drops a deuce". :-)

As always with any CP thread, proceed with caution. But it's fine.
[Reply]
Mosbonian 09:41 AM 05-13-2024
Originally Posted by Ming the Merciless:
there was some pretty heated anger in the Cassel years LOL

unfortunately I didn't find this beautiful oasis of geniouses until cassel
Bono and Cassell both infuriated this crowd....

But let's not kid ourselves....there was a long history of ineptitude in the draft and free agency that should have raised the hackles of the best Chiefs fan.

That could start with the selection of Todd Blackledge.
[Reply]
PatMahomesIsGod 09:46 AM 05-13-2024
Originally Posted by ThrobProng:

Harder to prone bone with a micro dick.
[Reply]
Page 10 of 12
« First < 678910 1112 >
Up