ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 10 of 11
« First < 678910 11 >
Nzoner's Game Room>Let's talk about the New York Football Giants.
TinyEvel 02:45 PM 10-27-2021
Monday Night Magnificence for the Chiefs at GEHA Field at Arrowhead Stadium?

Or Monday Night mess.

Discus.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 03:36 PM 11-01-2021
Originally Posted by JudasRising20:
If they make Daniel Jones look like Aaron Rodgers tonight, that bodes trouble for next week.
WE WILL MAKE DANIEL JONES LOOK LIKE DANIEL LARUSSO AFTER THE EVIL KARATE GUYS GOT THROUGH WITH HIS SKINNY BITCH ASS WEARING AVIATORS

AND WE WILL MAKE AARON RODGERS LOOK LIKE DANIEL JONES
[Reply]
Pasta Little Brioni 03:36 PM 11-01-2021
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
There's no way they go 7-3 the rest of the way. I just can't see it.

Honestly, if I were putting money down right now, I'd have them losing all 3 of their upcoming games (GB, LV, Dallas).

They come back after the bye with Denver, which I think they split. And I think they get back at the Raiders in the 2nd game. So there's 2 wins.

They can probably beat the 49ers and should beat the Vikes but who knows with this defense.

All of the AFC games outside the division are really tough.

I think 3-7 is far more likely than 7-3 at this point but again, if I was putting money down, I'd put them at 5-5 the rest of the way.
Absolutely absurd
[Reply]
petegz28 03:48 PM 11-01-2021

Honestly, if I were putting money down right now, I'd have them losing all 3 of their upcoming games (GB, LV, Dallas).

They come back after the bye with Denver, which I think they split. And I think they get back at the Raiders in the 2nd game. So there's 2 wins.

They can probably beat the 49ers and should beat the Vikes but who knows with this defense.

I think 3-7 is far more likely than 7-3 at this point but again, if I was putting money down, I'd put them at 5-5 the rest of the way.
Barring a significant turnaround on defense, I have us at 7-10 on the season.

We beat the NYGs, Broncos x 1, Cinci, and we will squeak out one against the remaining division or maybe, MAYBE Dallas.

Then again, I can just as easily see us going 5-11 too with how bad our defense is.
[Reply]
mr. tegu 03:53 PM 11-01-2021
We win comfortably after three quarters without turnovers. We should even be able to absorb giving a few in this game and not need the ball last to win this one.

I’m still convinced that the offensive turnovers are making the defense look worse than they are. Not to say they are good, and Sorensen was a huge problem, but simply not turning it over and I think the defense can be closer to seasons past in terms of points given up, which is still not exactly high expectations.

We can beat any team with a clean offensive game. Games will be more of a toss up than they should be when we are scoring almost at will but we can still win any game.
[Reply]
petegz28 03:53 PM 11-01-2021
It's sad when you play a must win game in only the 8th game of the season and while it's against a team we should wax, every single person here knows in the back of their head this defense may not be able to stop the Giants.

Talked to a guy who "claims" to be in the know on the defense and his word was Spags has dumbed the defense down this season to the point that we are playing pretty much straight man coverage, not disguising blitzes, etc.

I think we have a locker room problem on the defensive side of the ball and it has carried over to the offensive side.

Then there is whatever is going on with Mahomes this season but as Chris Simms and others have pointed out, he is not helping himself much. Huge drops, looking downfield too long, not taking the easy check downs when they are open, not stepping up into the pocket and forcing passes.

Even with a blow out win tonight this team has problems.
[Reply]
Gary Cooper 03:56 PM 11-01-2021

Are you talking about the Chiefs? Because they don't play the Vikings or the 49ers this season.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 04:01 PM 11-01-2021
Originally Posted by petegz28:
You're the dumbest fucker on Chiefsplanet.
[Reply]
petegz28 04:02 PM 11-01-2021
Originally Posted by mr. tegu:
We win comfortably after three quarters without turnovers. We should even be able to absorb giving a few in this game and not need the ball last to win this one.

I’m still convinced that the offensive turnovers are making the defense look worse than they are. Not to say they are good, and Sorensen was a huge problem, but simply not turning it over and I think the defense can be closer to seasons past in terms of points given up, which is still not exactly high expectations.

We can beat any team with a clean offensive game. Games will be more of a toss up than they should be when we are scoring almost at will but we can still win any game.
Turnovers have not helped the defense at all. But I say the only game that came into play was the Chargers game. The others, the defense wasn't doing shit anyway.

We have 8 sacks in 8 games. That's the worst in the league.

Teams are completing 67.8% of their passes against us. That's bottom 10 in the league.

We are close to the middle on passing yards allowed by still in the bottom half of the league.

Teams are passing for 1st downs at 39.9% rate. That's bottom 5 in the league.

We are giving up 4.7 ypc...that's bottom 4 in the league

We have allowed 10 rushing TDs....that's bottom 3 in the league

We have allowed 61 rushing 1st downs....that's bottom 5 in the league

We have allowed teams to get a 1st down rushing 32.1% of the time. That's THE WORST in the league

We are giving up 12.7 yards per catch...that's bottom 5 in the league

The list goes on but to say the offensive turnovers have hurt the D is being kind. They haven't helped but this D is kicking it's own ass pretty good like.
[Reply]
petegz28 04:06 PM 11-01-2021
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:
You're the dumbest ****er on Chiefsplanet.
What teams do you see this defense stopping outside of the Giants, maybe Pit & Denver and well....that's your best 3 chances right there.

LV will kill this defense
Chargers depending on which team shows up for them will rake us
Cicni will rake us
GB will rake us
Dallas will probably if Dak is healthy

When you field the worst defense in the league it makes it hard to beat average and better types of teams.

Our signature win of the season was against the Browns who have come back to earth a bit.
[Reply]
mr. tegu 04:11 PM 11-01-2021
The Bengals have two losses worst than any of ours.
[Reply]
petegz28 04:14 PM 11-01-2021
Originally Posted by mr. tegu:
The Bengals have two losses worst than any of ours.
Not really. They lost 2 road games to the Bears and Jets. Lost 1 home game to the Packers.

They waxes the Ravens we lost too.

The Jets also beat the Titans who handed Mahomes and this team a career level loss.

They are not the Cinci of last year
[Reply]
petegz28 04:18 PM 11-01-2021
Just so I am not being super negative I will list the things this defense does good....

1. They are good at not rushing the passer
2. The are good at not stopping the rusher
3. They are good at whiffing on tackles
4. They are good at leaving receivers wide the **** open
5. They are good a letting teams score almost every drive
6. They are good at playing lesser talented players over more talented players ( we will lay that on the coaches)
7. They are good at moving players from where they dominated to where they are less than an average college player. (we will lay that on the coaches)
8. They are good at laughing on the sidelines as they get whipped by 24 points
9. They are good at throwing their hands up in the air and whining when they don't do good.
10. They are good at taking to Twitter after a loss even before they shower

BONUS:

They are good at whining about their contracts
[Reply]
mr. tegu 04:25 PM 11-01-2021
Not really. They lost 2 road games to the Bears and Jets. Lost 1 home game to the Packers.

They waxes the Ravens we lost too.

The Jets also beat the Titans who handed Mahomes and this team a career level loss.

They are not the Cinci of last year

Road teams are 63-55 this season so that excuse isn’t valid. Losing to the Bears and Jets are both worst losses than any of ours. Them being better than last year is irrelevant to them being some guaranteed loss or mismatch.

Our defense could have basically identical stats and performance to what they’ve done so far with us being 5-2 very easily if not for screwing up the Ravens and Chargers games.
[Reply]
htismaqe 04:53 PM 11-01-2021

We beat the NYGs, Broncos x 1, Cinci, and we will squeak out one against the remaining division or maybe, MAYBE Dallas.

Then again, I can just as easily see us going 5-11 too with how bad our defense is.
They're not going 5-11 with Mahomes, Hill, and Kelce. That's not happening regardless of how bad the defense is.

I would say even 7-10 is a faulty prediction. I'd say 9-8 is most likely just because of the offense and schedule.
[Reply]
htismaqe 04:54 PM 11-01-2021
Originally Posted by JudasRising20:
Are you talking about the Chiefs? Because they don't play the Vikings or the 49ers this season.
Yeah, not sure what I was talking about there. I have a lot of brain damage.
[Reply]
Page 10 of 11
« First < 678910 11 >
Up