ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 10 of 20
« First < 678910 11121314 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Dropped passes
RunKC 12:13 PM 12-06-2021
I don’t understand why Cornell Powell isn’t getting an opportunity here? Kemp is terrible, Pringle is hot and cold and Robinson is a JAG.

If guys are dropping balls get him out there, even if only for a few plays while he learns
[Reply]
treeguy27 11:47 AM 12-06-2021
Originally Posted by -King-:
Yeah Hill isn't used to having on top of him literally every time he catches the ball so he's anticipating it and losing focus. Kelce has less space too. Used to be he would catch the ball, do the 1 juke he ALWAYS does that somehow still works 100% of the time and get a few yards upfield. Now there's two line backers waiting to hit him soon as he gets the ball.

We desperately need to take some of the pressure off of them somehow.
There's a lot of truth in this theory. Hill is used to being over the top of the defense and using his speed to outrun the safety after the catch. Now he is running underneath and intermediate routes that have 3 defenders coming downhill at him after the catch. Similar with Kelce. Although he is used to working the middle of the field, the middle is much more congested with defenses forcing us to keep everything underneath. It seems like we are playing right into the defense's hands by only working the underneath stuff where the field is congested. As much as I don't trust him, we need to have Hardman run deep crosses and go routes on every play to take a couple of defenders with him and open up the middle of the field to give Hill and Kelce a little more space.
[Reply]
WilliamTheIrish 02:29 PM 12-06-2021
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
There was a conversation last week about the Chiefs defense being 'soft' until Ingram arrived. I dunno how much merit it had - but it was an interesting discussion.

But now I'm wondering if maybe the drops aren't a result of the offense being a tick on the soft side. They're getting punched in the mouth - a LOT. Kelce's getting hit hard out there and Hill's just getting a lot of volume and taking a lot of contact in his own right. Pringle has never been asked to do this much, nor has Hardman.

Some of these drops (most of them, really) are 'focus' drops where they just don't complete the catch before they start trying to move with the ball. Could it be a 'footsteps' problem? Is Kelce just getting a little tired of getting hit? Sure looked like his drop last night had a lot to do with trying to avoid contact as he was catching it. Hill seems to be trying to be looking to get into space as he secures the ball to avoid a blow as well. And I'm pretty positive that Pringles drop was because he was sensing a hit coming.

Are some of these pass catchers just tired of getting whacked around a bit and it's impacting their focus at the catch point?
My friends and I were kinda kicking this around as well. I don’t think his drop/fumble was a result of that, but he’s been getting blasted this season. And I wonder if a few (not a lot, but a few of these in the dirt balls) are a result of Mahomes not throwing his WR into definite contact.

They have to work through this.
[Reply]
Red Dawg 11:10 AM 12-06-2021
We are in the bottom half of the league in rushing attempts. We need to run the ball more when it's working. Passing last night was not working and running was but we continue to stop running. It's stupid.
[Reply]
BWillie 11:24 AM 12-06-2021
Originally Posted by Red Dawg:
We are in the bottom half of the league in rushing attempts. We need to run the ball more when it's working. Passing last night was not working and running was but we continue to stop running. It's stupid.
Last night was the only time we needed to run the ball - and that was only due to the weather.

Mahomes avgs 7.2 yards per pass with a 65% comp pct. Why you would intentionally want to settle for 3.6 or 4.6 YPC with our running backs is beyond me. You only get so many possessions in a football game.

Run the ball in the 4th quarter with leads or 2nd or 3rd and short. That is it. That literally is it.
[Reply]
CatfishBob2 11:27 AM 12-06-2021
The one guy making the most sense in this thread has been downvoted into oblivion. The QB always takes some of the blame in any bad offense. I don't see how you can't see where Pat is hurting the offense. Bad reads on RPOs...bailing clean pockets.... tunnel vision. Bad passes. This is how he should have looked his first year starting.
[Reply]
MahomesMagic 11:35 AM 12-06-2021
Originally Posted by CatfishBob2:
The one guy making the most sense in this thread has been downvoted into oblivion. The QB always takes some of the blame in any bad offense. I don't see how you can't see where Pat is hurting the offense. Bad reads on RPOs...bailing clean pockets.... tunnel vision. Bad passes. This is how he should have looked his first year starting.
There are very few people saying Mahomes bears no responsibility.

But this view that he is mostly responsible for problems with the offense is absurd.

Anyone who watched last night and thought it was mostly Mahomes is out of their mind. There was one game before our winning streak where I thought Mahomes looked like a bottom end starter. One game.
[Reply]
mabbott 01:26 PM 12-06-2021
Originally Posted by CatfishBob2:
The "guy" that was downvoted into oblivion said Mahomes sucks and then walked it back to he just sucks now.

He is not "hurting" the offense; however, he is a part of why it is not efficient. Could he be better, yes of course. He isn't bailing from clean pockets, he is staying in and our receivers aren't getting separation and when they do get separation they drop the ball at a higher rate than any other team.

As a fan base we are spoiled because we have seen him play at elite levels and now we we see him play at above average levels it isn't good enough.

The turnovers and drops have done more to kill the offense and momentum than anything, if you don't believe that you are fooling yourself. Penalties are right up there with dumb crap that has prevented a deadly offense.

Ugly wins are still wins. I am fine with ugly wins because this isn't college, we don't get bonus points for blowing people out.
[Reply]
comochiefsfan 01:28 PM 12-06-2021
Originally Posted by mabbott:
The "guy" that was downvoted into oblivion said Mahomes sucks and then walked it back to he just sucks now.

He is not "hurting" the offense; however, he is a part of why it is not efficient. Could he be better, yes of course. He isn't bailing from clean pockets, he is staying in and our receivers aren't getting separation and when they do get separation they drop the ball at a higher rate than any other team.

As a fan base we are spoiled because we have seen him play at elite levels and now we we see him play at above average levels it isn't good enough.

The turnovers and drops have done more to kill the offense and momentum than anything, if you don't believe that you are fooling yourself. Penalties are right up there with dumb crap that has prevented a deadly offense.

Ugly wins are still wins. I am fine with ugly wins because this isn't college, we don't get bonus points for blowing people out.
Stopped reading right after you said Mahomes isn't hurting the offense right now.

Anyone with that ridiculously blind of a take can't be taken seriously.
[Reply]
mabbott 01:54 PM 12-06-2021
Originally Posted by comochiefsfan:
Stopped reading right after you said Mahomes isn't hurting the offense right now.

Anyone with that ridiculously blind of a take can't be taken seriously.
Clearly reading comprehension isn't a strong point for you, as previously stated you barely remember what you say and then change your comments to downplay how bad they were.

Your opinion is still yours.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 11:24 AM 12-06-2021
I simply can't understand why we abandon those sweep plays. Get the ball into Hills hands behind the LOS and let him do work.
[Reply]
suzzer99 01:10 PM 12-06-2021
The throw to Hill was pretty hard and high. Hill should have caught it, but it could have been a better throw.
[Reply]
FloridaMan88 01:19 PM 12-06-2021
Originally Posted by suzzer99:
The throw to Hill was pretty hard and high. Hill should have caught it, but it could have been a better throw.
Tyreek had both hands on the ball, she should have caught it.

You see much more difficult catches than that on a regular basis in the NFL.
[Reply]
O.city 01:32 PM 12-06-2021
It's pretty much across the board. Mahomes will play well, guys drop passes. Guys catch passes Mahomes struggles.
[Reply]
dirk digler 01:35 PM 12-06-2021
Posted this in another thread but Mahomes leads the league the last 5 games in off target passes with 37.
[Reply]
Page 10 of 20
« First < 678910 11121314 > Last »
Up