ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 10 of 31
« First < 678910 1112131420 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Chiefs potentially building new stadium in Kansas
ChiefsCountry 09:06 PM 03-29-2022
Originally Posted by jettio:
I'll see that when I believe it.

https://www.flatlandkc.org/news-issu...h-kansas-city/

Seems like Cerner is selling its Legends campus. That is enough office space for that part of the metro for the next 60 years.
Cerner never wanted to be there in the first place. They did the deal to get the soccer stadium.
[Reply]
Capt_Von_Trapp 02:52 PM 03-29-2022
Originally Posted by Titty Meat:
“Another point in the Chiefs’ calculus: [Chiefs President] Donovan was ambivalent about Arrowhead area's potential for a stadium-adjacent, mixed-use real estate development such as the ones created by the Packers and the Patriots. Those projects are seen as a reliable way for sports franchises to diversify and expand their revenue associated with multi-billion dollar stadiums, and there may be spots in Kansas may work better for that.”
Yea. That’s been a decades long issue.
[Reply]
|Zach| 02:16 PM 03-29-2022
Originally Posted by Discuss Thrower:
There isn't enough hotel capacity in the metro.

As in way too many Super 8s / AmericInns and no luxury brand hotels to be found.
That is easy to fix.
[Reply]
tk13 02:35 PM 03-29-2022
If they build a stadium with a roof I imagine it'd almost be a guarantee that a Super Bowl would follow.

The downside is they'll probably never make a stadium with the noise acoustics of Arrowhead ever again so it'll probably lose the reputation of being the loudest stadium in the NFL.
[Reply]
Red Dawg 02:37 PM 03-29-2022
Originally Posted by tk13:
If they build a stadium with a roof I imagine it'd almost be a guarantee that a Super Bowl would follow.

The downside is they'll probably never make a stadium with the noise acoustics of Arrowhead ever again so it'll probably lose the reputation of being the loudest stadium in American sports.
Roof isn't the only thing. You must have the restaurants and hotels in the area of the stadium to be considered as well.
[Reply]
suzzer99 05:01 PM 03-29-2022
Originally Posted by Red Dawg:
Roof isn't the only thing. You must have the restaurants and hotels in the area of the stadium to be considered as well.
What you're too good for Adam's Mark and Best Western? They both have perfectly adequate restaurants, I assume.

Although it seems like Rookies is no more? Sad. What was that bar X-factor liked to hang out at? I'm sure the Super Bowl crowd will love that.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 05:49 PM 03-29-2022
Originally Posted by Red Dawg:
Tampa Bay and Miami stadiums are no where near the entertainment districts and nice hotels in their cities. That’s 2/3 of the last SB’s.
[Reply]
FlaChief58 07:35 PM 03-29-2022
Originally Posted by BigRedChief:
Tampa Bay and Miami stadiums are no where near the entertainment districts and nice hotels in their cities. That’s 2/3 of the last SB’s.
There are titty bars galore within spitting distance of Ray Jay.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 09:59 PM 03-29-2022
Originally Posted by FlaChief58:
There are titty bars galore within spitting distance of Ray Jay.
There are titty bars every 500 Ft in the Tampa metro area. :-)
[Reply]
DaFace 02:58 PM 03-29-2022
I will always be firmly in the "keep it at Arrowhead" camp, but I'll admit that it's a giant pain in the ass to visit for a game if you don't want to rent a car. All of the hotels near the stadium are overpriced roach motels, there's not a restaurant in sight other than fast food and a Denny's, and getting a cab out of there after a game takes at least an hour. I know that's not how the locals look at it, but there's no question it'd be nicer for some of us if it was a little more convenient.
[Reply]
dirk digler 03:24 PM 03-29-2022
Originally Posted by DaFace:
I will always be firmly in the "keep it at Arrowhead" camp, but I'll admit that it's a giant pain in the ass to visit for a game if you don't want to rent a car. All of the hotels near the stadium are overpriced roach motels, there's not a restaurant in sight other than fast food and a Denny's, and getting a cab out of there after a game takes at least an hour. I know that's not how the locals look at it, but there's no question it'd be nicer for some of us if it was a little more convenient.
So I have never been to Mile High but drove by it a few times but it is almost 35-45 minutes from the airport to the stadium. Looking at Google Maps all the hotels are east and they are about 1.5 miles -2 miles away. There is alot of hotels that far away from Arrowhead to.

So quit whining :-)
[Reply]
FloridaMan88 03:45 PM 03-29-2022
Exaggerate much, SI? This is not exactly like the Dodgers leaving Brooklyn for LA or the Colts leaving Baltimore for Indy, JFC.

Link: https://www.si.com/nfl/2022/03/29/ch...-stadium-lease

Originally Posted by :
Local fans in Kansas City would be devastated if its football franchise, featuring one of the premiere teams in the NFL, crossed state lines. It remains to be seen what the future holds for Arrowhead Stadium.

[Reply]
Rausch 04:08 PM 03-29-2022
Originally Posted by KCChiefsFan88:
Exaggerate much, SI? This is not exactly like the Dodgers leaving Brooklyn for LA or the Colts leaving Baltimore for Indy, JFC.

Link: https://www.si.com/nfl/2022/03/29/ch...-stadium-lease
I'll walk from the game before I support whatever Johnny-come-lately team ends up in St. Louis in 10 years...
[Reply]
Katipan 04:00 PM 03-29-2022
Originally Posted by dirk digler:
So I have never been to Mile High but drove by it a few times but it is almost 35-45 minutes from the airport to the stadium. Looking at Google Maps all the hotels are east and they are about 1.5 miles -2 miles away. There is alot of hotels that far away from Arrowhead to.

So quit whining :-)
One train from the airport and that 2 mile walk gets you everything downtown. From amusement parks to 11,000 hotel rooms, none of which have a motel or super in their name, and 200 restaurants.

The comparison is a little silly.
[Reply]
dirk digler 04:33 PM 03-29-2022
Originally Posted by Katipan:
One train from the airport and that 2 mile walk gets you everything downtown. From amusement parks to 11,000 hotel rooms, none of which have a motel or super in their name, and 200 restaurants.

The comparison is a little silly.
Originally Posted by DaFace:
The train from the airport gets you downtown in about 40 minutes and costs $10. You then have your choice of probably 50 hotels and 200 restaurants. Then, to get to the game it's about a 10-minute ride on light rail that will cost you $3.

Yeah KC though isn't known for it's public transit and that isn't going to change anytime soon. If they would move the stadium out in Kansas you would still have to drive because Kansas isn't going to build a train that is for sure.
[Reply]
Page 10 of 31
« First < 678910 1112131420 > Last »
Up