ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 10 of 27
« First < 678910 1112131420 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>ESPN insider names Texans LT Laremy Tunsil as Chiefs trade target
mdchiefsfan 04:01 AM 03-13-2023
Originally Posted by saphojunkie:
Tunsil going into the last year of his deal while Houston is in full on rebuild mode could swing this either direction. he counts $35M against Houston's cap this year to keep, and $16.7M to cut. He could easily rework that deal to take some weight off their dead cap, then extend with KC so his cap hit lowers.

If Houston wants a first round pick for Tunsil, you do it. Period. There's no guarantee that KC will be picking last in the first round next year, but if you have elite pass blocking... it's a much better possibility.

Chiefs will get a 3rd round comp pick for OBJ next year for sure. That helps mitigate the cost a little. Our draft picks are valuable due to Mahomes' contract, but absolutely you should expect your LT to be one of the top five highest paid positions on the team. I got ZERO problem with them putting an abundance of resources into protecting the Franchise.
Comp pick will be based on FAs acquired though, right? Or is it specific to the position (we traded to fill LT, so our LT walking = comp pick?)?
[Reply]
UChieffyBugger 04:28 AM 03-13-2023
Nah I'm not comfortable with spending another first round pick on a vet LT who we'll have to pay a big bag to. If we're gonna pay a bag we might aswell keep OBJ ffs. You can't do that and expect to keep our interior intact for much longer. It's time to draft a longterm solution now imo.
[Reply]
ChiefsHawk 05:32 AM 03-13-2023
Originally Posted by UChieffyBugger:
Nah I'm not comfortable with spending another first round pick on a vet LT who we'll have to pay a big bag to. If we're gonna pay a bag we might aswell keep OBJ ffs. You can't do that and expect to keep our interior intact for much longer. It's time to draft a longterm solution now imo.
So you dont think Brown helped with the superbowl?
[Reply]
mdchiefsfan 04:33 AM 03-13-2023
This could also be pressure on OBJs agent: “You’d better find out if he is worth what you say he is; we will move on if you don’t return to the table.”
[Reply]
O.city 06:55 AM 03-13-2023
I'd rather it be a 2nd this year and a 1 next year, but not sure that would get it done.

Send them pick 31. You can get a similar prospect at pick 62.
[Reply]
duncan_idaho 07:41 AM 03-13-2023
Originally Posted by O.city:
I'd rather it be a 2nd this year and a 1 next year, but not sure that would get it done.

Send them pick 31. You can get a similar prospect at pick 62.
What would be really tasty is if you can get some draft capital BACK from the Texans this year - say, #104 - and use that to move UP in the 2nd round. You could get to around #50 that way.

Is it doable? No clue.

#31 + 2024 3rd for Tunsil and 2024 4th?
[Reply]
O.city 07:42 AM 03-13-2023
Originally Posted by duncan_idaho:
What would be really tasty is if you can get some draft capital BACK from the Texans this year - say, #104 - and use that to move UP in the 2nd round. You could get to around #50 that way.

Is it doable? No clue.

#31 + 2024 3rd for Tunsil and 2024 4th?
I just think it ends up a 1 and a 2 value wise somehow if it were to get done.
[Reply]
BryanBusby 07:06 AM 03-13-2023
You have no point is what you're saying. Got it.
[Reply]
Tribal Warfare 07:09 AM 03-13-2023
Originally Posted by BryanBusby:
You have no point is what you're saying. Got it.
So the Texans are a champion franchise ?
[Reply]
BryanBusby 07:11 AM 03-13-2023
No. The fact that you think they should have done some research to determine that Watson is a rapist (when he didn't start raping till after being drafted by the Texans) is just fucking bonkers, dude.
[Reply]
Tribal Warfare 07:19 AM 03-13-2023
Originally Posted by BryanBusby:
No. The fact that you think they should have done some research to determine that Watson is a rapist (when he didn't start raping till after being drafted by the Texans) is just fucking bonkers, dude.
So those elements of his personality were so innocuous that they couldn't see that he "character guy". Houston pulled the trigger and got burnt bad. If they do the Tunsil trade would further affirm they are clueless considering they'll have a rookie QB without blindside protection.
[Reply]
tredadda 07:50 AM 03-13-2023
Originally Posted by Tribal Warfare:
So those elements of his personality were so innocuous that they couldn't see that he "character guy". Houston pulled the trigger and got burnt bad. If they do the Tunsil trade would further affirm they are clueless considering they'll have a rookie QB without blindside protection.
Houston is a poorly run organization but drafting Watson is not one of those mistakes. He was probably the safest QB pick leading up to that draft.
[Reply]
The Franchise 07:30 AM 03-13-2023
Why are people arguing about Watson on this thread?
[Reply]
Tribal Warfare 07:35 AM 03-13-2023
Originally Posted by The Franchise:
Why are people arguing about Watson on this thread?
The Houston Texans have no idea what they're doing, but Busby is white knighting their plight
[Reply]
BryanBusby 08:21 AM 03-13-2023
Originally Posted by Tribal Warfare:
The Houston Texans have no idea what they're doing, but Busby is white knighting their plight
No. I'm pointing out that you're a fucking moron.
[Reply]
Page 10 of 27
« First < 678910 1112131420 > Last »
Up