Jewish Rabbi 10:34 PM 05-11-2024
Originally Posted by Dunerdr:
I bet tamba had a hawg
You think him and Chris Jones jousted?
[Reply]
Wisconsin_Chief 10:37 PM 05-11-2024
Originally Posted by Jewish Rabbi:
If they didn’t, I don’t know if I can go on with life.
[Reply]
Dunerdr 11:46 PM 05-11-2024
Originally Posted by Jewish Rabbi:
Yeah from opposite end zones.
[Reply]
Rain Man 10:09 PM 05-11-2024
I'm surprised that Tamba's era overlapped Mahomes' era.
[Reply]
tk13 10:54 PM 05-11-2024
Hard to argue against Mahomes, but I do find it weird that often the talented guys who end up sitting like Mahomes, Rodgers, Philip Rivers, even Jordan Love now... they seem to have quite a bit of success. Love looked like he might be the best QB in the NFC at the end. You'd think more teams would see this and try it, but I get most coaches are on the hot seat more than Reid or any of the Packers coaches. You could make a pretty strong argument that letting a raw QB just be a student for the first year is a solid plan compared to "throw him out there and see what you've got."
[Reply]
RunKC 09:38 AM 05-12-2024
Originally Posted by tk13:
Hard to argue against Mahomes, but I do find it weird that often the talented guys who end up sitting like Mahomes, Rodgers, Philip Rivers, even Jordan Love now... they seem to have quite a bit of success. Love looked like he might be the best QB in the NFC at the end. You'd think more teams would see this and try it, but I get most coaches are on the hot seat more than Reid or any of the Packers coaches. You could make a pretty strong argument that letting a raw QB just be a student for the first year is a solid plan compared to "throw him out there and see what you've got."
Mahomes needed time to understand the offense and the mental side of the game. Alex was many things but the best of Alex was his mental side even though he could barely execute in games.

Mahomes himself said that was critical. There was a massive difference between preseason rookie Mahomes and week 17 first start Mahomes.

The Packers developing QB’s proves this as well. We need to adopt the Packers QB strategy moving forward.
[Reply]
GloucesterChief 09:55 AM 05-12-2024
Originally Posted by RunKC:
Mahomes needed time to understand the offense and the mental side of the game. Alex was many things but the best of Alex was his mental side even though he could barely execute in games.

Mahomes himself said that was critical. There was a massive difference between preseason rookie Mahomes and week 17 first start Mahomes.

The Packers developing QB’s proves this as well. We need to adopt the Packers QB strategy moving forward.
Alex was a mid tier starter in the NFL. Lets not pretend he was some scrub like Zach Wilson. He could of been more if the 49ers didn't basically do everything possible to screw up his development.
[Reply]
jd1020 10:44 AM 05-12-2024
Originally Posted by GloucesterChief:
Alex was a mid tier starter in the NFL. Lets not pretend he was some scrub like Zach Wilson. He could of been more if the 49ers didn't basically do everything possible to screw up his development.
He was still risk averse and a scared bitch that went fetal at the first sign of pressure. You dont develop out of that.
[Reply]
stevieray 06:51 PM 05-12-2024
Originally Posted by GloucesterChief:
Yup, a bunch of different OC's early in your career will hamper most QB's.

'Niners did him no favors.
[Reply]
New World Order 11:56 AM 05-12-2024
Originally Posted by RunKC:

Honestly, preseason Mahomes looked fantastic.

He looked ready to go out of the gate
[Reply]
carcosa 02:04 AM 05-12-2024
Alex Smith fucking SUCKED!!!!! Imho
[Reply]
ThaVirus 05:33 AM 05-12-2024
Originally Posted by Wisconsin_Chief:
4,000 yards, 27 TD. Which at the time had him in the MVP conversation at one point.

They did it perfectly, and it’s really weird how bitter some people still are towards the guy.
In fairness, Alex was obviously carried by Kelce, Tyreek and Kareem Hunt.

Statistically, Tyreek literally made Smith the best deep passer in the NFL that year lol

Originally Posted by BWillie:
You are insane.

They went 10-6 and Alex Smith and was an MVP candidate. He had a 105 QB rating. Mahomes would have went scorched earth. Prime Kelce, Reek and Kareem Hunt before he kicked bitches.
We could have gotten lucky, but Tyreek and Kareem were not yet in their prime, IMO. That was Hill’s first year as a full-time WR and Hunt was obviously a rookie.

I believe Mahomes got the true primes of the three guys the following season.

Originally Posted by Dunerdr:
Yeah from opposite end zones.
:-) OK, this is really good.
[Reply]
Lzen 07:40 AM 05-12-2024
I remember being at that bills game (and Steelers) and yelling put in Mahomes. And I wasn't joking. Smith started out doing well that season but yeah, it was obvious that he had taken the Chiefs as far as he was capable.
[Reply]
Otter 07:53 AM 05-12-2024
The most frustrating part about Alex was that when he actually decided not to play like a 46 year old librarian that never seen a nudie he was good. I'd be interested to hear what his wife would say about him in the sack.

But we have Patrick who is the GOAT and I'll forget about that afterthought.

Moral of this story: 1. Take your shots when opportunity arises. 2. Move on.
[Reply]
PatMahomesIsGod 07:59 AM 05-12-2024
I like it.

I personally would have liked to see another year of MVPat raping faces.
[Reply]
Page 6 of 11
« First < 23456 78910 > Last »
Up