ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 11 of 14
« First < 7891011 121314 >
Nzoner's Game Room>NFL likely banning hip-drop tackle
scho63 04:49 PM 03-25-2024
The game will get slower with more penalties, more bullshit and continued backsliding on what is football.

Guys are going just stop playing D.

You need a PHD to know what is a legit hit, what is a catch, what is a fumble or INT, what is offsides, what is roughing the passer and what is intentional grounding.
[Reply]
Kiimo 05:39 PM 03-25-2024

I'm telling you right now we are going to see a huge increase in offenses targeting tight ends in the flats because this rule makes it EXTREMELY difficult for smaller DBs to get tight ends on the ground from any angle that is to the side or behind them. https://t.co/Sv7J5smDNE

— Brett Kollmann (@BrettKollmann) March 25, 2024

Kelce is going to play to 40
[Reply]
Megatron96 06:31 PM 03-25-2024
Originally Posted by Kiimo:

Kelce is going to play to 40

No shit. We should keep Hardman now; with his speed he could draw 2-4 flags a game.

"unweight him"? Just what exactly does that mean?:-)

God, I hate the NFL rules committee. Fml.
[Reply]
Bowser 06:06 PM 03-25-2024
I can't be the only one constantly reading it as "NFL likely banning hip hop tackle", right??
[Reply]
Pinchshot 06:11 PM 03-25-2024
Originally Posted by Bowser:
I can't be the only one constantly reading it as "NFL likely banning hip hop tackle", right??
That would be awesome!
[Reply]
Pasta Little Brioni 06:29 PM 03-25-2024
More ways to "steer" games
[Reply]
kysirsoze 06:46 PM 03-25-2024
Originally Posted by Pasta Little Brioni:
More ways to "steer" games
I'll say it again, per Tom Pelissero, the league is planning on enforcing this primarily through fines, not flags. Not a great way to steer outcomes, but go off I guess.
[Reply]
Megatron96 06:54 PM 03-25-2024
Originally Posted by kysirsoze:
I'll say it again, per Tom Pelissero, the league is planning on enforcing this primarily through fines, not flags. Not a great way to steer outcomes, but go off I guess.

Oh, I'm pretty sure fines are a great way to alter how players play the game. Watch any game from the 1980s/1990s and how defenses react to QBs running the ball vs. how they play now. Alot of your ordinary LBs/DLs don't make tens of millions of dollars; those fines make a difference in their take-home pay pretty quickly.
[Reply]
kysirsoze 07:10 PM 03-25-2024
Originally Posted by Megatron96:
Oh, I'm pretty sure fines are a great way to alter how players play the game. Watch any game from the 1980s/1990s and how defenses react to QBs running the ball vs. how they play now. Alot of your ordinary LBs/DLs don't make tens of millions of dollars; those fines make a difference in their take-home pay pretty quickly.
Oh for sure. But it won't be random 15 yard penalties that directly impact the game. It'll be a deterrent that changes how guys tackle, which is the point.

(Assuming the reporting is right and they intend on this being mainly handled with fines)
[Reply]
chiefzilla1501 07:14 PM 03-25-2024
Oh for sure. But it won't be random 15 yard penalties that directly impact the game. It'll be a deterrent that changes how guys tackle, which is the point.

(Assuming the reporting is right and they intend on this being mainly handled with fines)
The best outcome is that when you start messing with players money, the players union will get involved. So they’re going to push for this enforcement to be very very specific and they will fight back when the nfl overreaches. If it’s about fines that’ll have way more impact than penalties

It’s kind of like the pitch clock. Go enforce this in the preseason, spend a whole year practicing what this is gonna look like, then next year make a more official policy.
[Reply]
Megatron96 07:15 PM 03-25-2024

You don't see how that can effect/impact the outcomes of games?:-)
[Reply]
Pasta Little Brioni 06:31 PM 03-25-2024
Look, I'd be fine with the rule IF NFL officiating was consistent, they didn't swing COUNTLESS results on bogus penalties, they didn't "target" certain guys that Collinsworth embarrassed the officials over, or if they called what they saw not what they WANTED to see....PERIOD
[Reply]
chiefzilla1501 06:50 PM 03-25-2024
Originally Posted by Pasta Little Brioni:
Look, I'd be fine with the rule IF NFL officiating was consistent, they didn't swing COUNTLESS results on bogus penalties, they didn't "target" certain guys that Collinsworth embarrassed the officials over, or if they called what they saw not what they WANTED to see....PERIOD
I agree. Officiating is something that needs to be dealt with regardless.

But this is why you put this in the hands of the players union especially if fines are involved. Put it in their hands to blast apart the owners proposal. Then meet somewhere in the middle.

And while you do that fix officiating. At least this comes in exchange (probably) with making more penalties reviewable so I think the league gets the message that this is a sensitive topic
[Reply]
Garcia Bronco 06:46 PM 03-25-2024
This will change the dimensions of and how a safety plays.
[Reply]
wazu 07:15 PM 03-25-2024
Gonna repost Chiefzilla's video embedded in case anybody hasn't watched. It's rugby but you can see players who have perfected the art of an intentional "swivel and hop on an opponent's legs" move that is clearly designed to injure. This is what the NFL is trying to get ahead of.

[Reply]
Page 11 of 14
« First < 7891011 121314 >
Up