ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 4 of 47
< 1234 567814 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Let’s talk about the Chargers
Pitt Gorilla 07:22 PM 09-11-2022
The Chargers only chance is to play us:

1) When we're banged up, and
2) On a short week.

They get both and I still wouldn't bet on them.
[Reply]
duncan_idaho 08:28 PM 09-11-2022
Originally Posted by Pitt Gorilla:
The Chargers only chance is to play us:

1) When we're banged up, and
2) On a short week.

They get both and I still wouldn't bet on them.
Who do you think is going to be better prepared for a short week? The Kansas City Chiefs, coached by Andy Reid? Or the Los Angeles Chargers, coached by Brandon Staley?

Can't wait to see this one.
[Reply]
Pitt Gorilla 08:30 PM 09-11-2022
Originally Posted by duncan_idaho:
Who do you think is going to be better prepared for a short week? The Kansas City Chiefs, coached by Andy Reid? Or the Los Angeles Chargers, coached by Brandon Staley?

The Chiefs by far. Why do you ask?
[Reply]
Lzen 08:33 PM 09-11-2022

As I recall, it was a close game on Thursday night in LA last year. The thing the chiefs have on their favor this time is they're home.
[Reply]
ChiefBlueCFC 08:06 PM 09-11-2022
Let’s rest up and get ready to send a lightning bolt up they ass!!!
[Reply]
smithandrew051 08:10 PM 09-11-2022
I got 2 Chargers on my fantasy team and Isiah Pacheco on my bench.

They are officially fucked.
[Reply]
MarkDavis'Haircut 08:24 PM 09-11-2022
You guys play like you did today and you will win by 20+
[Reply]
RaidersOftheCellar 08:48 AM 09-12-2022
Originally Posted by Carr4MVP:
You guys play like you did today and you will win by 20+
Let's hear your thoughts about what you saw. I didn't see a minute of that game.
[Reply]
duncan_idaho 08:33 PM 09-11-2022
Some real thoughts:

1) Keenan Allen's status. Allen is so slippery, consistent, and reliable. He's like the Kelce of the Chargers' offense. If he can't go or is limited, that's a major + for KC.

2) Chiefs have a lot of nicks. How many guys do they get back?

3) What tricks do the Chiefs have in the bag for the Chargers? You know Reid has installed stuff just for them...

4) Do we see Pacheco elevated to RB2? He looked darn good and explosive today.
[Reply]
smithandrew051 08:40 PM 09-11-2022
Some real thoughts:

1) Keenan Allen's status. Allen is so slippery, consistent, and reliable. He's like the Kelce of the Chargers' offense. If he can't go or is limited, that's a major + for KC.

3) What tricks do the Chiefs have in the bag for the Chargers? You know Reid has installed stuff just for them...

4) Do we see Pacheco elevated to RB2? He looked darn good and explosive today.
The Chiefs seem to have found an efficient run game to compliment their passing game. Doesn’t look like the Chargers were able to run the ball at all against the Raiders.
[Reply]
JPH83 04:11 AM 09-12-2022
[QUOTE=duncan_idaho;16456925]Some real thoughts:

4) Do we see Pacheco elevated to RB2? He looked darn good and explosive today.[/QUOTE]

Thought McKinnon looked alright as well. Really surprised with how good it looked.
[Reply]
Stryker 08:34 PM 09-11-2022
No Keenan Allen and Mike Williams was non existent. We will win this one! :-):-):-):-)
[Reply]
Megatron96 12:21 AM 09-12-2022
Of all the teams in the AFC-W, LAC has played the Chiefs the toughest. Really you could make a case that they've been one of the toughest outs in the NFL for KC for about three years now. In fact, over the last four contests, it's a split decision, 2-2. I expect this game to be a lot more competitive than today's, and maybe even a real dogfight.

I hope we exploit LAC's apparently weak run defense, continue to expand this new dink-and-dunk offense, and that our young and inexperienced secondary can step up to the challenge of dealing with Herbert. I don't expect them to throttle Justin, but slowing him down a bit, maybe even get a pick/forced fumble for a score, or even just get the offense inside the 20 might make the difference.

Also, our DL didn't defend the run as well as I thought they would going into the game. They'll need to do quite a bit better vs. Ekeler, or LAC will hang around and hang around until the very end.

And then there's LAC's pass rush. They sacked Carr 5 times and got him to throw 3 INTs. Yeah yeah, 'and they still only won by 5!' Whatever. And Mahomes probably still pulls off a miracle, I know.

But every sack is also an injury-risk event. And both Bosa and Mack are violent tacklers. I don't want Mahomes taking that kind of abuse if at all possible.

TNF games are notoriously sloppy affairs, and loaded with injuries. I think both teams will look pretty solid, with a few hiccups here and there, but the injury risk on TNFs just seem to be much higher with the short rest.

The new 'Efficiency- First' offense will hopefully keep our guys mostly out of harm's way and KC dinks and dunks their way to a 2-score lead by half. Then turn our RB room loose in the 2nd and salt this one away as healthy as possible.

But Reid and Mahomes will never agree to that, so I expect there will be a good fireworks show on Thursday night.
[Reply]
Lzen 05:45 AM 09-12-2022
Originally Posted by Megatron96:
... over the last four contests, it's a split decision, 2-2.
C'mon, man. I hate when people do this. You are going to include the end of season game in '20 when the Chiefs rested starters? It should be 3-1 Chiefs in the last 4 meaningful games. Your point still stands in that the chargers have played us the toughest.
[Reply]
Megatron96 11:01 AM 09-12-2022
Originally Posted by Lzen:
C'mon, man. I hate when people do this. You are going to include the end of season game in '20 when the Chiefs rested starters? It should be 3-1 Chiefs in the last 4 meaningful games. Your point still stands in that the chargers have played us the toughest.
The only reason I chose the last four games was to limit it to Justin Herbert games. But going back for several years, the Chargers have always been tough against the Chiefs. Their record is close to even, while LVR has just one W, and DEN hadn’t beaten us in years.

And aside from CIN last season, no other team in the league has multiple Ws vs a Mahoney-led KC team (i think).

They’re just built to be a problem for the chiefs.
[Reply]
Page 4 of 47
< 1234 567814 > Last »
Up