ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 2 of 9
< 12 3456 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>ESPN is Garbage
hawkchief 06:44 PM 06-07-2021
A woke, trash media organization, no different than the KC Star, NY Times, CNBC, CNN etc. They don't have any problems biting the hands that feed them and will do so until they don't exist any longer. Like many here, I rarely patronize their garbage.
[Reply]
flinchfree 06:55 PM 06-07-2021
Don't think ESPN are going to miss any of the bitching bitches on here...:-)
[Reply]
Mecca 07:01 PM 06-07-2021
Originally Posted by hawkchief:
A woke, trash media organization, no different than the KC Star, NY Times, CNBC, CNN etc. They don't have any problems biting the hands that feed them and will do so until they don't exist any longer. Like many here, I rarely patronize their garbage.
They were shitty long before any of the woke business.

There's a book out there about the rise and fall of ESPN called Those guys have all the fun. It basically details how ESPN was awesome then horrid management hires killed it.

There's an entire chapter dedicated to how much management hated that Dan Patrick and Keith Olbermans schtick was popular. How they lost their shit at them calling Sports enter the big show, Dan and Keith got reamed for it...the "you're watching sports center" and "this is ESPN" were their ribs at management hence why they did it constantly.

Wokeness isn't why ESPN went down the toilet, management took away what made them special years ago.
[Reply]
carcosa 08:24 PM 06-07-2021
Originally Posted by Mecca:
They were shitty long before any of the woke business.

There's a book out there about the rise and fall of ESPN called Those guys have all the fun. It basically details how ESPN was awesome then horrid management hires killed it.

There's an entire chapter dedicated to how much management hated that Dan Patrick and Keith Olbermans schtick was popular. How they lost their shit at them calling Sports enter the big show, Dan and Keith got reamed for it...the "you're watching sports center" and "this is ESPN" were their ribs at management hence why they did it constantly.

Wokeness isn't why ESPN went down the toilet, management took away what made them special years ago.
This is correct.
[Reply]
suzzer99 05:20 PM 06-08-2021
Originally Posted by hawkchief:
At some point you and your ilk are going to be against every large corporation except Chik-Fil-A and Hobby Lobby. But it will still be them, not you.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 05:30 PM 06-08-2021
Originally Posted by suzzer99:
At some point you and your ilk are going to be against every large corporation except Chik-Fil-A and Hobby Lobby. But it will still be them, not you.
ESPN+ has 14 million paid subscribers while ESPN has nearly 90 million.

I watch ESPN for sporting events and nothing more. Outside of NFL Primetime, I rarely, if ever, watch Sportscenter or any of the other non-live sports programming.

As I've said before, ESPN is as ubiquitous as CBS, NBC, CBS and Fox. Hating on their non-sports programming is absolutely no different than people hating on the OTA networks Prime Time programming and as a network, they aren't going anywhere.

That said, it's highly unlikely that ESPN will reach or top 100 million viewers again, mainly due to cord cutting.
[Reply]
Mecca 05:45 PM 06-08-2021
Originally Posted by suzzer99:
So he'll be a crafter that eats chicken all the time?
[Reply]
Chieftain 06:55 PM 06-07-2021
For me it started when Jim Gray interviewed LeBron James back in 2010 where he announced he was joining the Miami Heat. The buildup and anticipation for that interview really annoyed me back then. That was the turning point for me. That was the moment when ESPN was no longer about sports for me.
https://youtu.be/Afpgnb_9bA4
[Reply]
eDave 06:56 PM 06-07-2021
Originally Posted by Chieftain:
For me it started when Jim Gray interviewed LeBron James back in 2010 where he announced he was joining the Miami Heat. The buildup and anticipation for that interview really annoyed me back then. That was the turning point for me. That was the moment when ESPN was no longer about sports for me.
I agree with this. Changed the NBA as well.
[Reply]
chiefzilla1501 08:21 PM 06-07-2021
Originally Posted by eDave:
I agree with this. Changed the NBA as well.
It also changed the ncaa with their love for the sec.
[Reply]
crispystl 07:20 PM 06-07-2021
Originally Posted by Chieftain:

Also Lebron choosing to wear THAT shirt after all the hype.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
[Reply]
RedinTexas 07:02 PM 06-07-2021
The thread title said it all. Nothing else needed.
[Reply]
eDave 07:04 PM 06-07-2021
@ Mecca: It used to be funny.

I met a truck driver for them back in the early 90's. Dude made bank and loved it so much.
[Reply]
saphojunkie 07:09 PM 06-07-2021
Derp derp derp espn is woke trash derp derp copy paste I miss matlock
[Reply]
loochy 03:02 PM 06-08-2021
Originally Posted by saphojunkie:
Derp derp derp espn is woke trash derp derp copy paste I miss matlock

Ha! That makes me nostalgic for the old days....my parents loved Matlock.

And by the way....the second blonde shown in the intro here....wow, she's super hot. I never noticed that as a kid.

[Reply]
Page 2 of 9
< 12 3456 > Last »
Up