ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 2 of 2
< 12
Media Center>Shameless Promotion - My band Headstrong new Album!
InChiefsHeaven 09:51 AM 05-20-2024
OK, so we finally got the 6 song album done and released this morning on YouTube music. We used a service called distrokid.com so it will be out on iTunes, Spotify, Soundcloud, etc. at some point soon. But this is the link to YouTube. Hope you dig it!!

Headstrong - Kings of the Anthill

Be sure to share and smaaaaaash that like button:-):-)

[Reply]
InChiefsHeaven 07:57 AM 05-26-2024
So...any thoughts on the album? I realize I'm probably asking for an ass kicking, but I genuinely want to know what y'all think...
[Reply]
Bowser 05:30 PM 05-26-2024
Originally Posted by InChiefsHeaven:
So...any thoughts on the album? I realize I'm probably asking for an ass kicking, but I genuinely want to know what y'all think...
I'll give you a review later in the week, I'll have time to listen to the entire album when I hit the road for work!
[Reply]
Dayze 08:25 PM 05-27-2024
I like it. Like an Iron Maiden /anthrax clone (*edit * hybrid not clone …..too many marijuanas). And I don’t mean any disrespect by that. I dig it
[Reply]
InChiefsHeaven 06:28 AM 05-28-2024
Originally Posted by Dayze:
I like it. Like an Iron Maiden /anthrax clone (*edit * hybrid not clone …..too many marijuanas). And I don’t mean any disrespect by that. I dig it
No disrespect perceived. Being a hybrid of Maiden and Anthrax is a compliment. Thanks man!
[Reply]
Shoes 08:56 AM 05-29-2024
Originally Posted by InChiefsHeaven:
Yeah, there's literally dozens in the US I'm sure. We've been Headstrong since 2005, so not planning on changing it. Whatevah!
That's very headstrong of you.
[Reply]
Bowser 06:09 PM 05-29-2024
I wasn't sure what to expect, but what I heard wasn't what I was expecting? I think I went into it ready to hear a heavy 80's rock/metal sound, but it wasn't that at all. Like Dayze said, it feels like a hybrid mashup of different genres. It was different, but I dug it. It's a good effort by you guys!
[Reply]
InChiefsHeaven 03:56 PM 05-30-2024
Originally Posted by Bowser:
I wasn't sure what to expect, but what I heard wasn't what I was expecting? I think I went into it ready to hear a heavy 80's rock/metal sound, but it wasn't that at all. Like Dayze said, it feels like a hybrid mashup of different genres. It was different, but I dug it. It's a good effort by you guys!
Thanks man. Our history is:

I'm an 80's metal guy. I mean, I don't really listen to much new music. I'm the singer and rhythm guitar player, and I write the lyrics, for the most part.

Tracy is the bass player, and I think you can hear how friggin' amazing he is. He's a well rounded music fan and brings a different push to the music than I do.

Jeff is the guitar player. He's more old school alternative\blues\funk not metal guy. We surprisingly work together really well and push each other out of our comfort zones.

Bryan is the drummer. Also more of a metal\rock guy like me, but he can pretty much play anything.

Me, Tracy and Bryan have been banging it out since the late 80's. Jeffy came on board with us in '05, when we came up with the name.

We called ourselves Headstrong because we tend to write songs that play to our strengths and don't necessarily mesh. For instance, Under the Sun is a metal song. Life on the Street is decidedly not. But it's all hard to nail down to any one genre...in short, it's Headstrong.

Thanks for listening and I'm glad you liked it. Do share it if you would. Rock on!!
[Reply]
Page 2 of 2
< 12
Up