ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 8 of 8
« First < 45678
Nzoner's Game Room>Reason 5,432 why I’m glad the Chiefs don’t delve into Jersey designs
RunKC 08:50 AM 06-18-2024
These look god awful. Like arena league awful

The Ravens will be pairing the purple alternate helmet with their Color Rush uniform. pic.twitter.com/4llwYRoo3N

— NFL Fashion Advice (@fashion_nfl) June 18, 2024

[Reply]
ThaVirus 12:38 PM 06-20-2024
I’ll have to agree with Zach here. I’ve come across a good bit of uniform discussion from casual NFL fans across multiple social media platforms and the Chiefs seem to be firmly average in the eyes of the general public. Very rarely will someone consider ours worthy of even discussing.

That saddens me because I think our unis are great. The blood/ruby red is a beautiful color and we use juuuust enough yellow, which is to say basically none at all.

Truthfully, I think a lot of people hyper focus on the ketchup and mustard combo even though we use yellow very sparingly.
[Reply]
Rausch 01:10 PM 06-20-2024
Originally Posted by |Zach|:
Honestly, they are not.

Hey I love the Chiefs but some people seem to be laboring under the idea that they have a look that is classic or good or something anyone thinks about.
I think they're both.
[Reply]
Rausch 01:11 PM 06-20-2024
Originally Posted by ThaVirus:

That saddens me because I think our unis are great. The blood/ruby red is a beautiful color and we use juuuust enough yellow, which is to say basically none at all.
Exactly. And who gives a shit if other fans, who won't be buying merch anyway, think it sucks or is lame?
[Reply]
DJJasonp 02:11 PM 06-20-2024
do whatever - but you better be damn sure not to have a yellow jersey.

Whenever they show the crowd of 70K.......there's always a couple morons wearing the heinz mustard jerseys.

ITS A SEA OF RED......not mustard!

Here endeth the rant.
[Reply]
Kiimo 02:17 PM 06-20-2024
Nobody talks about Chiefs uniforms because it's the same as USC, Manchester United and Gryffindor

with the same level of dominance
[Reply]
RealSNR 09:27 AM 06-21-2024
They may not have changed it much but when people talk about classic jerseys they are usually referring to classic jerseys that are good or at least have something that distinguishes them. Nobody brings up the Chiefs if they are talking about classic jerseys.

I just looked out of curiosity...some general NFL fan discussion about this. Over 350 some odd comments and nobody...even the people who ID'd as Chiefs fans mentions the Chiefs. And hey its fine this is football not a jersey popularity contest but lets be honest about how forgettable our look is.

https://www.reddit.com/r/nfl/comment...s_of_all_time/
https://www.reddit.com/r/nfl/comment...form_past_and/
I'm not reading any of that, but I'm going to guess that the conversation is all Cowboys, Eagles, Giants, Niners, Bears, and some powder blue Charger douches.

People tend to love blues and greens. Red is a somewhat offputting color. I think that's the real conversation to be had by those morons. Not a single one of them probably brought up what I believe to be the greatest helmet design of all time, which is the Houston Oilers.
[Reply]
|Zach| 09:48 AM 06-21-2024
Originally Posted by RealSNR:
I'm not reading any of that, but I'm going to guess that the conversation is all Cowboys, Eagles, Giants, Niners, Bears, and some powder blue Charger douches.

People tend to love blues and greens. Red is a somewhat offputting color. I think that's the real conversation to be had by those morons. Not a single one of them probably brought up what I believe to be the greatest helmet design of all time, which is the Houston Oilers.
Houston Oilers actually get a lot of love across the board. Was not the first thing I thought of but it being mentioned made me think back it is a fun helmet.

I remember being pretty young and going to watch the Montana led Chiefs beat the Oilers in the playoffs in Houston. Keith Cash...JJ Birden....Warren Moon and Buddy Ryan.

A different era!
[Reply]
ThaVirus 11:10 AM 06-21-2024
That classic Houston Oilers uni is fucking gorgeous.

Eagles classic Kelly green is good. I do like the Chargers’ powder blues. The classic Falcons unis were good. My most controversial pick is probably the Buccaneers creamsicle.
[Reply]
J Diddy 06:05 PM 06-21-2024
Originally Posted by DJJasonp:
do whatever - but you better be damn sure not to have a yellow jersey.

Whenever they show the crowd of 70K.......there's always a couple morons wearing the heinz mustard jerseys.

ITS A SEA OF RED......not mustard!

Here endeth the rant.
What’s your take on relish?
[Reply]
srvy 06:10 PM 06-21-2024
Originally Posted by KC Shox:
Chiefs need to roll out a black uniform ensemble. Black helmets, jersey and pants. No yellow piping just stick with black, red and white. To be worn in domes, cold weather games or night games obviously.
no they don't
[Reply]
Hark Clunt 07:16 PM 06-21-2024
in a league full of alternates, the chiefs not changing anything makes them stand out much more. it's not about being "perfect." we just look how we look and that's a great thing.
[Reply]
Hark Clunt 07:24 PM 06-21-2024
They may not have changed it much but when people talk about classic jerseys they are usually referring to classic jerseys that are good or at least have something that distinguishes them. Nobody brings up the Chiefs if they are talking about classic jerseys.

I just looked out of curiosity...some general NFL fan discussion about this. Over 350 some odd comments and nobody...even the people who ID'd as Chiefs fans mentions the Chiefs. And hey its fine this is football not a jersey popularity contest but lets be honest about how forgettable our look is.

https://www.reddit.com/r/nfl/comment...s_of_all_time/
https://www.reddit.com/r/nfl/comment...form_past_and/
i get what you're saying, but i don't think changing our look would help much. most of the jerseys mentioned there are throwback stuff like the oilers, tampa creamsicles, eagles kelly green etc. i feel like if we tried to modernize, we'd be considered like the falcons, jets, vikings where most of the reaction would be "i miss their old look."
[Reply]
big nasty kcnut 09:59 PM 06-21-2024
I would like to see a metallic chiefs helmet
[Reply]
UteChief 11:55 AM 06-22-2024
Originally Posted by big nasty kcnut:
I would like to see a metallic chiefs helmet
This would look good!
[Reply]
Pasta Little Brioni 11:58 AM 06-22-2024
Nothing tops the Chiefs home reds...no arguing this. So I am done engaging with the peanut gallery of clueless ones arguing.

Our road jerseys do kind of suck a bit though
[Reply]
Page 8 of 8
« First < 45678
Up