ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 160 of 160
« First < 60110150156157158159160
Nzoner's Game Room>***Official 2023-2024 NBA Thread***
dirk digler 04:43 PM 10-24-2023
Can't believe the NBA Season is starting tonight. Way to early but here we go.

Lakers vs Nuggets: 6:30PM

Suns vs Warriors: 9PM

Both on TNT
[Reply]
Pitt Gorilla 01:57 PM 05-31-2024
Doncic isn't a very likable character on the floor, but he's an incredible player. I still can't quite figure it out. He's not fast or quick and he didn't used to be THIS great of a shooter, but he still got it done. Now, he's just about unstoppable, even with his injuries. Give him a week to get right and look out.

I'm sure Boston will be trapping him every time he dribbles, but he'll still make plays. Should be a fun series.
[Reply]
KC_Connection 02:39 PM 05-31-2024

Anthony Edwards and the Timberwolves chose not to participate in "Inside The NBA" interviews, standing in solidarity with Karl-Anthony Towns and Rudy Gobert against criticism from Draymond Green, per @TheAthletic

“Edwards was surrounded by a tight-knit team, one with such… pic.twitter.com/peFvv5rHEK

— NBACentral (@TheDunkCentral) May 31, 2024

Guessing this explains Draymond's absence for game 5.
[Reply]
Pitt Gorilla 02:43 PM 05-31-2024
Originally Posted by KC_Connection:

Well, that, and the fact that he added NOTHING to the show whatsoever.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 06:45 PM 05-31-2024
Originally Posted by KC_Connection:

Good for them. Hopefully TNT finally got the memo about that douche.
[Reply]
BWillie 08:46 PM 05-31-2024
Originally Posted by Sassy Squatch:
Good for them. Hopefully TNT finally got the memo about that douche.
Not that I ever planned to buy a Kia but the moment I saw Draymond in a Kia commercial it cemented my plan to never, ever buy one.
[Reply]
FloridaMan88 10:14 AM Today
Looks like TNT is out…

The NBA is nearing an 11-year, $76 billion media revenue deal with ESPN, NBC and Amazon, per @WSJ.

ESPN: $2.6B/year
NBC: $2.5B/year
Amazon: $1.8B/year

That means TNT is out after next season. 😓 pic.twitter.com/JKrh8IBui6

— Yahoo Sports (@YahooSports) June 5, 2024

[Reply]
Pasta Little Brioni 10:15 AM Today
The NBA on NBC was fucking awesome
[Reply]
RealSNR 10:28 AM Today
Let me guess. Because Roundball Rock is used on college telecasts for (FOX?) that means NBC no longer holds the rights and they can't even do that shit right.

Awesome. We get Draymond and Dirk Nowitzki some some other stupid asshole (Costas, anyone?) in exchange for Ernie, Chuck, Kenny, and Shaq. I think I'll go exchange my car for a kick in the nuts while I'm at it.

Just as the Wolves start to not be terrible, too.
[Reply]
Pasta Little Brioni 10:31 AM Today
Originally Posted by RealSNR:
Let me guess. Because Roundball Rock is used on college telecasts for (FOX?) that means NBC no longer holds the rights and they can't even do that shit right.

Awesome. We get Draymond and Dirk Nowitzki some some other stupid asshole (Costas, anyone?) in exchange for Ernie, Chuck, Kenny, and Shaq. I think I'll go exchange my car for a kick in the nuts while I'm at it.

Marv Albert and that tune can not be topped let alone equaled unless they have rights to the tune and get Nessler or Harlan
[Reply]
New World Order 10:34 AM Today

Maybe Tom Tolbert and Matt Goukas will return
[Reply]
Pasta Little Brioni 10:57 AM Today
Originally Posted by New World Order:
Maybe Tom Tolbert and Matt Goukas will return
I'm convinced the prostitutes gave old Marv superpowers. What an experience those finals were with him at the mic
[Reply]
KC_Connection 11:46 AM Today

"Roundball Rock" has not taken fans into an NBA game since 2002. The rights to the theme song were acquired by Fox Sports to be used for college basketball during the 2018-19 season, but the deal "doesn't preclude any media company from using the song for NBA games," Tesh told CNBC in an interview back in April.
[Reply]
loochy 12:06 PM Today
Originally Posted by Pasta Little Brioni:
The NBA on NBC was fucking awesome

That music meant it was time for MJ to go off on some fools

And it was time for Marv Albert to say "YESSSSSS! MICHAEL JORDAN!"

[Reply]
Page 160 of 160
« First < 60110150156157158159160
Up