ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 158 of 158
« First < 58108148154155156157158
Nzoner's Game Room>****OFFICIAL Raiders suck thread****
Hammock Parties 02:54 PM 07-26-2019
So much fail in that franchise they need an official thread like the Donkeys.

Let's get it going.

Raiders WR Antonio Brown has been placed on the non-football injury list to begin camp, per source

— Field Yates (@FieldYates) July 26, 2019

[Reply]
Eureka 03:20 PM 08-18-2024
Originally Posted by Megatron96:
Yeah, their QB situation is terrible. Good thing Davante is not a great judge of QB talent; if he was, he’d be demanding a trade asap. And if they had just a middling starting QB, they’d probably finish with a winning season, maybe a playoff berth. Fortunately, Davis and Pierce are idiots.
What was Pierce supposed to do about the QB situation? He canned McDaniels hand picked Jimmy and started a rookie. They could've drafted a QB but when was the last time 6 QB's went in the first 12 picks? During the draft they figured one of the QB's could fall to them and a trade just didn't materialize.

Pierce is hoping Minshew can play just well enough with the weapons he has around him and hope the defense is top 5. With the 3rd year of their DC scheme and the players they have that defense has a shot at being pretty good.

This league is all about QB though and it took the Chiefs 30+ years to figure that situation out.
[Reply]
Megatron96 03:40 PM 08-18-2024
Originally Posted by Eureka:
What was Pierce supposed to do about the QB situation? He canned McDaniels hand picked Jimmy and started a rookie. They could've drafted a QB but when was the last time 6 QB's went in the first 12 picks? During the draft they figured one of the QB's could fall to them and a trade just didn't materialize.

Pierce is hoping Minshew can play just well enough with the weapons he has around him and hope the defense is top 5. With the 3rd year of their DC scheme and the players they have that defense has a shot at being pretty good.

This league is all about QB though and it took the Chiefs 30+ years to figure that situation out.

Bang the table for an actual QB. Could've outbid TB for Baker, maybe. Personally, I doubt Baker would've gone to LVR, unless they offered him $40M/yr, but even then, Mayfield might've stayed in TB. It's just a much better situation all around.

But going with Minshew/AOC was essentially throwing away yet another season of prime Crosby, Davante, and whoever else they have that are quality players. Regardless, they aren't winning the Division, and they'll be hard pressed to even have a winning season with either of those two backup QBs.

And I was unaware that LVR had a top-5 defense. When did that happen?
[Reply]
lawrenceRaider 07:28 PM 08-18-2024
Bang the table for an actual QB. Could've outbid TB for Baker, maybe. Personally, I doubt Baker would've gone to LVR, unless they offered him $40M/yr, but even then, Mayfield might've stayed in TB. It's just a much better situation all around.

But going with Minshew/AOC was essentially throwing away yet another season of prime Crosby, Davante, and whoever else they have that are quality players. Regardless, they aren't winning the Division, and they'll be hard pressed to even have a winning season with either of those two backup QBs.

Key word there was hope.

What I saw in preseason didn't give me much hope of it

Just another burned season for the Raiders.
[Reply]
Megatron96 07:34 PM 08-18-2024
Originally Posted by lawrenceRaider:
Key word there was hope.

What I saw in preseason didn't give me much hope of it

Just another burned season for the Raiders.

It's crazy. For the longest time I just assumed the Raiders were going to be bad, every season. Then I was talking to a buddy of mine that's a Raider guy, and he reminded me that their roster is actually pretty good. Except at QB (and coaching, but that's another post).

He was the one that suggested Baker. And Baker with Davante Adams, Meyers, Tucker (maybe the other guy?) and Bowers? He could definitely win some games with that offense. And probably be good enough to get them to the playoffs.

Bottom line, LVR is short a QB. They should've done something besides Minshew/AOC. Just doomed the franchise to another bad season.
[Reply]
In58men 07:42 PM 08-18-2024
Pussies with puppets
[Reply]
Dawson 08:00 PM 08-18-2024
Raiders have some dudes but its a complete failure on the front office to not trade up for any of the QBs this past draft. They are wasting away some real talented players.
[Reply]
Megatron96 08:08 PM 08-18-2024
Originally Posted by Dawson:
Raiders have some dudes but its a complete failure on the front office to not trade up for any of the QBs this past draft. They are wasting away some real talented players.

Yeah, I really expected they'd go get a QB. But instead, because 'Raiders,' they decide that somehow they're going to takeover the Division with a pair of middling/bottom tier backup QBs? All I know is if I were Maxx Crosby and Davante, I'd be pretty pissed right now.
[Reply]
Eureka 08:33 PM 08-18-2024

Yeah, QB is the weak spot for sure. Maybe, Minshew does well. This is the first season he will starter a since his rookie year. He will need the defense to be stellar and just do enough to get a few scores. He has pretty good weapons to work with Adams, Myers, and Bowers but RB is a question mark. White (RB) looked decent last year and you might have seen him on Christmas day.

I was saying the Raiders defense has the potential to be top 5. They were coming together in the last half of last year and they have continuality with DC Patrick Grahams third year. The big add this year is DT Wilkins. The front four will be nasty this year with Maxx, Koonce, and Wilkins.
[Reply]
Pasta Little Brioni 08:34 PM 08-18-2024
No QB? You aren't relevant. Pray you Lose out till you get one
[Reply]
Eureka 09:05 PM 08-18-2024
Originally Posted by Pasta Little Brioni:
No QB? You aren't relevant. Pray you Lose out till you get one
Well they could always trade up like the Chiefs did in 17.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 09:36 PM 08-18-2024
Originally Posted by WhawhaWhat:
Don’t buy it.

The Panthers weren’t moving off QB and I have little reason to believe Houston was interested in it either.

Pure bullshit by Ziegler’s publicist.
[Reply]
Eureka 10:54 PM 08-18-2024
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
Don’t buy it.

The Panthers weren’t moving off QB and I have little reason to believe Houston was interested in it either.

Pure bullshit by Ziegler’s publicist.
You sound realistic like most draft heads. Supposedly the Raiders lost out because thy didn't draft the next best QB. Bowsers guaranteed to make those one of those picks look silly.
[Reply]
RealSNR 09:57 AM 08-19-2024
Originally Posted by Eureka:

Kirk Cousins was sitting there. You guys could have been a playoff team if you had gotten him.
[Reply]
WhawhaWhat 06:47 PM 08-21-2024
Best Raiders fan ever:

Some kids just tell it like it is ����

This #Raiders fan made the most of his first TV interview. pic.twitter.com/UqVXxdrP4p

— Nick Walters (@nickwalt) August 21, 2024

[Reply]
Eureka 07:49 AM 08-22-2024
LOL dude is at the stadium spitting that interviewing.

The Raiders aren't going to a SB until they get a QB. They'd have to get pretty lucky this year.
[Reply]
Page 158 of 158
« First < 58108148154155156157158
Up