ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 4 of 4
< 1234
Nzoner's Game Room>Undisputed is unwatchable-will it survive?
scho63 08:41 AM 07-02-2024
Skip Bayless has always been a fool but the show is nothing more than a daily bitchfest or ass kissing session on the Lakers or Cowboys.

I no longer watch as it is complete shit.

Is it time to cancel? :-)

I say yes......
[Reply]
Jerm 12:48 PM Yesterday
Originally Posted by Kman34:
Skip has to be the most punchable guy ever I’ve ever seen.. Gosh it would be so satisfying to clock him right in the nose..
Jason McIntyre has that crown for me...everyone knows what Skip is, he's a caricature and an act.

McIntyre is just one dumb motherfucker that actually thinks he's smart and has good takes.
[Reply]
RealSNR 01:00 PM Yesterday

For the "Why do you care what talking heads say?" crowd, I'm going to leave this clip here as an example of how this kind of stuff can be really fun and entertaining. It's not meant to replace or compete with the actual games. And it's not supposed to be about "rooting" for certain guys with certain takes like it's some WWE bullshit. And right now FTF is the absolute king of this kind of media right now. It's three guys having an ACTUAL conversation, and none of them are trying to score points or own the other guy. And this particular one isn't even FTF's greatest work, but it's a terrific example of what on-camera chemistry can do for a sports show.

It doesn't have to be "Okay, I'll be Pro-X and you be Anti-X, got it?" like Skip's show always was with Shannon. And you don't have to solve big problems or provide hard-hitting analysis every freaking segment. It can be as simple as talking about nothing, which in this case is Kyle Shanahan's resume and legacy if he loses another Super Bowl. You engage each other with your honesty and your actual opinions, and you frame stuff in a somewhat unique way (the way Wildes framed the topic) and this kind of stuff will keep me entertained for hours on a car trip.
[Reply]
|Zach| 02:04 PM Yesterday
Originally Posted by RealSNR:
And you don't have to solve big problems or provide hard-hitting analysis every freaking segment.
I feel like that does not really happen with any segments at all though. I am sure if I clicked on this link it would be fine but there are endless shows just endlessly yelling for attention. "People and their opinions on shit" has taken over such a big percentage of programming.

Honestly it is like comic book movies...there is nothing inherently wrong with them but I sure do miss the days when they were not every other movie.
[Reply]
|Zach| 02:05 PM Yesterday
Originally Posted by Pasta Little Brioni:
Yet you lap up every word some random limey says about soccer :-)
Who exactly do I listen to who talks about soccer? Feel free to be specific.
[Reply]
scho63 02:11 PM Yesterday
Originally Posted by Jerm:
Jason McIntyre has that crown for me...everyone knows what Skip is, he's a caricature and an act.

McIntyre is just one dumb motherfucker that actually thinks he's smart and has good takes.
It's funny how people are perceived. I think he is not bad but I'm always good with people willing to make a strong comment, stance or prediction and stand by it, which he does.

He is also a good young foil to the older Cowherd.

I have little issue with him but everyone is entitled to an opinion and I respect your dislike.
[Reply]
Rausch 02:19 PM Yesterday
Originally Posted by |Zach|:
Who exactly do I listen to who talks about soccer? Feel free to be specific.
Alexi Lalas?
[Reply]
Rausch 02:24 PM Yesterday
I feel like that does not really happen with any segments at all though. I am sure if I clicked on this link it would be fine but there are endless shows just endlessly yelling for attention.
That's what Stephen A Smith has made a career of. I don't think the man has ever made an accurate prediction and his "opinions" are about as dead wrong as a person could be.

And frankly he doesn't know squat about the sports he chooses to give his opinions on. (Edit: Perhaps he's a savant about the NBA or MLB - I hate them and don't watch them.)
[Reply]
scho63 02:27 PM Yesterday
Originally Posted by Rausch:
That's what Stephen A Smith has made a career of. I don't think the man has ever made an accurate prediction and his "opinions" are about as dead wrong as a person could be.

And frankly he doesn't know squat about the sports he chooses to give his opinions on. (Edit: Perhaps he's a savant about the NBA or MLB - I hate them and don't watch them.)
When you comment on everything, you comment on nothing.

He seems to voice opinions on too much IMHO so any stupid or wrong shit is amplified.
[Reply]
|Zach| 02:27 PM Yesterday
Alexi Lalas?
Anyone who thinks I like to listen Alexi Lalas simply has no idea what they are talking about.
[Reply]
Rausch 02:28 PM Yesterday
Anyone who thinks I like to listen Alexi Lalas simply has no idea what they are talking about.
The question mark implies I don't know. It's a question.

I enjoy the guy. Always had...
[Reply]
RealSNR 02:33 PM Yesterday
I feel like that does not really happen with any segments at all though. I am sure if I clicked on this link it would be fine but there are endless shows just endlessly yelling for attention. "People and their opinions on shit" has taken over such a big percentage of programming.

Honestly it is like comic book movies...there is nothing inherently wrong with them but I sure do miss the days when they were not every other movie.
No segments at all have hard-hitting stuff? No, you're wrong about that. There's plenty of good stuff out there, but if you're only looking as deep as First Take with Stephen A and follow it up with a bullshit cocktail from Skip, then yes, you're going to roll your eyes pretty hard and come away unimpressed.

Even if I hated the Chiefs and Nick Wright, I'd still be into First Things First. You can't beat the chemistry that team has. If the debate ever gets heated or shouty, they find ways to diffuse it with some good humor so not to take themselves so seriously. You would never see a moment on that show where it's shout shout shout shout, and then the clock runs out and Boobs McGee chick host says, "Well, that was great! Coming up next... Lebron v Jordan for the 8000th time!"

It's not my job to get you to like something, and I'm not trying to do that. I'm merely expressing what I enjoy about a few of these shows and why I'm into them particularly after the Chiefs are successful. I'm also being real about these shows as nothing more than entertainment, and how when they're done correctly, they add to my experience as a Chiefs fan, not detract. And for the ones that aren't done correctly, I usually don't bother watching them. Pretty simple.
[Reply]
|Zach| 02:34 PM Yesterday
The question mark implies I don't know. It's a question.

I enjoy the guy. Always had...
My dislike of endless talking head pontificating is not single sport centric.

But following American soccer I do have to run into Lalas' dumb face a lot. He had a good career and he has been around for a long time but his schtick is really tired. He wants to so badly to be some contrarian edge lord at every single turn.

He also has this habit of reducing every single thing to "well we scored and they did not" and its like.....ok man but you are here to talk about the game but you keep pointing to a thing we all know and shrugging like "it is what it is"

I just stick to the games when I can.
[Reply]
|Zach| 02:35 PM Yesterday
Originally Posted by RealSNR:
No segments at all have hard-hitting stuff? No, you're wrong about that. There's plenty of good stuff out there, but if you're only looking as deep as First Take with Stephen A and follow it up with a bullshit cocktail from Skip, then yes, you're going to roll your eyes pretty hard and come away unimpressed.

Even if I hated the Chiefs and Nick Wright, I'd still be into First Things First. You can't beat the chemistry that team has. If the debate ever gets heated or shouty, they find ways to diffuse it with some good humor so not to take themselves so seriously. You would never see a moment on that show where it's shout shout shout shout, and then the clock runs out and Boobs McGee chick host says, "Well, that was great! Coming up next... Lebron v Jordan for the 8000th time!"

It's not my job to get you to like something, and I'm not trying to do that. I'm merely expressing what I enjoy about a few of these shows and why I'm into them particularly after the Chiefs are successful. I'm also being real about these shows as nothing more than entertainment, and how when they're done correctly, they add to my experience as a Chiefs fan, not detract. And for the ones that aren't done correctly, I usually don't bother watching them. Pretty simple.
Hey man glad you enjoy it. I find it incredibly boring a constantly bottom of the barrel. But it is on all the time on a million channels so I am in the minority.
[Reply]
Page 4 of 4
< 1234
Up