ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 73 of 73
« First < 23636970717273
Nzoner's Game Room>*****Official 2024 Royals Season Repository Thread*****
ChiefsCountry 11:36 AM 01-01-2024

Year Two of the Matt Quatraro tenure. Time to take a step up this year. Active in free agency and trades this offseason. A new look pitching rotation and bullpen. Will the young players take the leap up offensively? Bobby Witt extension? New stadium? Will Vinny recover from injury? Salvy taking aim at the Royals record book? Will Cole Ragans turn into the best Royals starting pitcher since Greinke 1.0?

Free Agents/Trades Acquisitions
Seth Lugo, SP
Michael Wacha, SP
Kyle Wright, SP
Hunter Renfroe, OF/DH
Will Smith, RP
Chris Stratton, RP
Nick Anderson, RP
Adam Frazier, 2B
Garrett Hampson, INF/OF
Matt Sauer, RP
[Reply]
dlphg9 04:18 PM Yesterday
Originally Posted by TLO:
Isbel heading to the IL?
Sucks for him, but I hope so lol. I want to see Waters come up and take his job.
[Reply]
duncan_idaho 05:02 PM Yesterday
Re: a trade, if the Royals could get Mason Miller from the A’s for Blake Mitchell and a tack-on or two, I think you do it. Miller would have five more years of control, and Mitchell is a HS C who is admittedly hitting well in Low-A, but also striking out a ton.

Mitchell is on track to end the year as a top 50 prospect. I doubt the A’s get that type of offer elsewhere. Maybe have them throw in Rooker to go with it and send a little more back their way.
[Reply]
WilliamTheIrish 08:19 PM Yesterday
A great day to be at the park. With the heat and breeze, I was stunned that nobody got under one and sent it into the fountains.

Zerpa was visibly irritated by VP on that pick off attempt. It was towards the second base side of the bag, but from my vantage point, down low, halfway between 1st and home, VP should have caught the ball and applied a tag. But, these things happen.

Still, they came to the plate in the 9th, down two, having lost 6/7 and never wavered. Velasquez just torched that ball. Kind of found it hard to believe it got over Merrill’s head. Looked like he was playing fairly deep.

Helluva win.
[Reply]
GabyKeepsMeWarm 08:50 PM Yesterday
Originally Posted by duncan_idaho:
Re: a trade, if the Royals could get Mason Miller from the A’s for Blake Mitchell and a tack-on or two, I think you do it. Miller would have five more years of control, and Mitchell is a HS C who is admittedly hitting well in Low-A, but also striking out a ton.

Mitchell is on track to end the year as a top 50 prospect. I doubt the A’s get that type of offer elsewhere. Maybe have them throw in Rooker to go with it and send a little more back their way.
I want what you’re smoking.
[Reply]
GabyKeepsMeWarm 08:54 PM Yesterday
Originally Posted by WilliamTheIrish:
A great day to be at the park. With the heat and breeze, I was stunned that nobody got under one and sent it into the fountains.

Zerpa was visibly irritated by VP on that pick off attempt. It was towards the second base side of the bag, but from my vantage point, down low, halfway between 1st and home, VP should have caught the ball and applied a tag. But, these things happen.

Still, they came to the plate in the 9th, down two, having lost 6/7 and never wavered. Velasquez just torched that ball. Kind of found it hard to believe it got over Merrill’s head. Looked like he was playing fairly deep.

Helluva win.
Hella humid for the opening chunk of the game and then the sun came out! The past week has been frustrating, and again, we haven’t lost more than 3 in a row all year. Pulling today’s game out of the fire was huge. So glad I got to see it! Almost had a miracle on Friday too, thanks to Nellie!

But this bullpen really needs help. Having Massey out really sucks too. MJ has been lousy. Do they swing a deal before Cleveland on Tuesday? Call someone up? I hope so.

Nice weekend crowds too, 30k, 25k, 22k. Another month over .500, and I’m betting those numbers improve. Fans are into it!
[Reply]
GabyKeepsMeWarm 08:58 PM Yesterday
Originally Posted by WilliamTheIrish:

Helluva win.
Yeah, Nellie did indeed smoke that ball. Off the middle of the wall. 4 more feet and it’s a game winning 3 run bomb.
[Reply]
Page 73 of 73
« First < 23636970717273
Up