Nzoner's Game Room>Caitlin Clark is fucking awesome
staylor26 09:55 PM 03-31-2023

Caitlin Clark is cold af for this pic.twitter.com/ieyvCRmq1S

— Lindsey (@LuLu_Vue) April 1, 2023

:-) :-) :-)
[Reply]
chiefzilla1501 07:54 AM Yesterday
Originally Posted by dlphg9:
Also it's not a very common take, but having all these WNBA players that hate Clark and are jealous is actually really good for the game. Don't get me wrong it's annoying that these idiots aren't on there knees thanking Clark for making their shit league actually relevant, but it is getting the league a ton of publicity.

People are actually talking about the WNBA and if it wasn't for the hate Clark is getting, then I think people's interests would have faded pretty quickly and I know the WNBA wouldn't be discussed daily on social media and on pretty much every sports show on TV.

Rivalries always get more interest and people absolutely love the drama and shit talk. Why do you think that absolute hack Skip Bayless has probably the most popular sports show on TV? All this drama may be able to keep eyes on a subpar league for a season or 2 and maybe that will give Clark enough time to acclimate into the league and people will watch because she's dominating. I don't know how long they can get by on being the equivalent of a reality TV show.
It’s possible, but I think we learned from USWNT that too much of the wrong drama isn’t helpful. At some point the new fans are gonna say it’s not worth it. Because right now if they’re not rooting for clark most of them find the rest of the product to be unwatchable. And the loudmouths in the media turned a lot of USWNT fans into haters and these are the same people hating on clark.

Imagine this other scenario… Caitlin clark gets picked for the Olympics. You have teammates who give her support and love. These new fans start rooting for team USA and starting to like players on the team. And maybe then you might see these new fans tune in to non Caitlin clark games. Steph didn’t create a media sensation because of hate, he did it because nba players were falling off their chairs in excitement watching him splash threes. The buzz of snubbing clark is not even remotely close to the buzz if she made the Olympics.

They need to get rid of the old guard of loudmouths like taurasi. They need to get rid of these polarizing media heads who only push wnba because they’ve been deplatformed everywhere else. And there is only so long an entire league can play the role of villain and pit clark up against the entire wnba.
[Reply]
BigCatDaddy 08:21 AM Yesterday
Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501:
It’s possible, but I think we learned from USWNT that too much of the wrong drama isn’t helpful. At some point the new fans are gonna say it’s not worth it. Because right now if they’re not rooting for clark most of them find the rest of the product to be unwatchable. And the loudmouths in the media turned a lot of USWNT fans into haters and these are the same people hating on clark.

Imagine this other scenario… Caitlin clark gets picked for the Olympics. You have teammates who give her support and love. These new fans start rooting for team USA and starting to like players on the team. And maybe then you might see these new fans tune in to non Caitlin clark games. Steph didn’t create a media sensation because of hate, he did it because nba players were falling off their chairs in excitement watching him splash threes. The buzz of snubbing clark is not even remotely close to the buzz if she made the Olympics.

They need to get rid of the old guard of loudmouths like taurasi. They need to get rid of these polarizing media heads who only push wnba because they’ve been deplatformed everywhere else. And there is only so long an entire league can play the role of villain and pit clark up against the entire wnba.
I agree with this take. Barkley actually piggy backed off of Jordan, Bird, and Magic to become one of the most popular NBA figureheads ever. Before the Dream Team he was known but not the icon he became. A few WNBA players could have used the platform in the same way, but now you have just a fraction of the people watching that would if CC was on the team.
[Reply]
Shields68 09:09 AM Yesterday
Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501:

Even if someone in the WNBA front office was smart enough to realize this, they really in all honesty probably could not sway the commitee. You have 3 former players who are now colleges coaches and who are all probably played with Tuasari and would not vote for leaving her home. The criteria they came up with basically eleminated CC from the jump. I mean famillarity in the coches system, familiar wih international play...
[Reply]
ThrobProng 09:28 AM Yesterday
Originally Posted by dlphg9:
Also it's not a very common take, but having all these WNBA players that hate Clark and are jealous is actually really good for the game. Don't get me wrong it's annoying that these idiots aren't on there knees thanking Clark for making their shit league actually relevant, but it is getting the league a ton of publicity.

People are actually talking about the WNBA and if it wasn't for the hate Clark is getting, then I think people's interests would have faded pretty quickly and I know the WNBA wouldn't be discussed daily on social media and on pretty much every sports show on TV.

Rivalries always get more interest and people absolutely love the drama and shit talk. Why do you think that absolute hack Skip Bayless has probably the most popular sports show on TV? All this drama may be able to keep eyes on a subpar league for a season or 2 and maybe that will give Clark enough time to acclimate into the league and people will watch because she's dominating. I don't know how long they can get by on being the equivalent of a reality TV show.
The Caitlin Clark honeymoon period will be over soon, and a bunch of bitchy mares won't stop the ratings from dropping.
[Reply]
chiefzilla1501 02:48 PM Yesterday
Originally Posted by BigCatDaddy:
I agree with this take. Barkley actually piggy backed off of Jordan, Bird, and Magic to become one of the most popular NBA figureheads ever. Before the Dream Team he was known but not the icon he became. A few WNBA players could have used the platform in the same way, but now you have just a fraction of the people watching that would if CC was on the team.
There are two simple paths here: include her in and by association fans will grow to like the players around her. Like how Larry bird fans grew to love Robert Parrish. Or their dumbass approach right now which is to exclude her unless she conforms to the very image that has made the wnba an unpopular mess. We know which road the wnba has gone down and that is just insane. Taurasi is a fine candidate for the Olympics but it’s clear the wnba inside their delusional echo chambers believes that revolving the Olympics around her will do more for the sport than revolving it around clark. They legitimately believe that.
[Reply]
Page 183 of 183
« First < 83133173179180181182183
Up