ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 7 of 7
« First < 34567
Nzoner's Game Room>The Raiders are sticking with Pierce as their HC
staylor26 03:13 PM 01-19-2024

Raiders are working to finalize a deal to hire Antonio Pierce as their head coach, per sources.

Raiders made Pierce their interim HC on Halloween night and now are closing in on making it a full-time job. Players who campaigned for Pierce soon are expected to be happy. pic.twitter.com/OAJTur9ZJ0

— Adam Schefter (@AdamSchefter) January 19, 2024

[Reply]
Eureka 08:54 PM Yesterday
Originally Posted by jdubya:
The Raiders seem to be putting some good pieces in place. They might genuinely be developing a great defense finally and the offense certainly has some weapons. QB room is an unknown and the offensive coaching staff is an unknown. I'm curious enough to be looking forward to TC and pre season. Time will tell.
Coach Pierce has that defense playing well. They added some pieces like DT Christian Wilkins and seem to be committed to developing the younger players. Along with Maxx, the development with Koonce, and Last years 1st round pick DE Tyree Wilson there me be some firepower up front.

O'Connell finished the season strong and has shown improvement with 2TD-6 Int in first 4 games vs 10TD-1 Int in last 6 games. With a full offseason, a qualified OC, and 1st team reps he might just make enough of a leap into a decent QB.

It helps they drafted one of the best TE coming out of college in Bowers and I'm curious how they will run sets with the other TE (last years 2nd rd pick Mayer.)

You know all this so I see why you are looking forward to the season. Some Chiefs fans realize the Raiders are improving.
[Reply]
Eureka 08:55 PM Yesterday

https://www.si.com/nfl/raiders/news/...t-01j0qjzvz8h7
[Reply]
jdubya 09:12 PM Yesterday
Originally Posted by Eureka:
Coach Pierce has that defense playing well. They added some pieces like DT Christian Wilkins and seem to be committed to developing the younger players. Along with Maxx, the development with Koonce, and Last years 1st round pick DE Tyree Wilson there me be some firepower up front.

O'Connell finished the season strong and has shown improvement with 2TD-6 Int in first 4 games vs 10TD-1 Int in last 6 games. With a full offseason, a qualified OC, and 1st team reps he might just make enough of a leap into a decent QB.

It helps they drafted one of the best TE coming out of college in Bowers and I'm curious how they will run sets with the other TE (last years 2nd rd pick Mayer.)

You know all this so I see why you are looking forward to the season. Some Chiefs fans realize the Raiders are improving.
In the last 20 years there have been only a few times Ive had "hope" going into a season. The last time was 2017 when I thought Carr was going to take over the team. Flop, flop, flop..... I sincerely have no idea if AP is just a flash in the pan with some old Raider hype or if it will belly flop by mid year. Today anyway, it seems the building has bought in so I am curious what happens. He has surrounded himself with many experienced coaches and is open to learning. Aiden may leap forward or maybe not. Minshew? Who knows? Hes still very young and maybe he finds a "fit" with what the Raiders have today. With Bowers and Mayer as TEs, I'm hearing Getsy will run 12 formations that supposedly will be extremely difficult to cover when you also have Adams and Meyers on the field. Also it is rumored that Tre Tucker has put in the work this off season and may well be a surprise. Like I said, there is enough koolaid to give me a bit of a reason to look forward to the season. I think worst case scenario, the Raiders are getting strong in several positions and may be similar to the Chiefs before drafting Mahomes. Raiders might just be a QB away......or a head coach or.......LOL
[Reply]
Page 7 of 7
« First < 34567
Up