ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 4 of 4
< 1234
Nzoner's Game Room>•••• The Bowling Thread ••••
threebag 02:17 PM 06-15-2024
So, bowling is a fun sport at any level. From first dates, childhood parties or serious league action. Bowling has something for everybody. This is a depository, repository or suppository for stories, tips of the trade, and overall good times at the Bowling Alley. Enjoy the bar food, Cold Beer and good times.
[Reply]
Mosbonian 02:47 PM 06-16-2024
Originally Posted by Dartgod:
Yeah, I grew up in Lee's Summit and mostly bowled at Summit Lanes (used to be called Green Bowl way back in the day). I bowled both of my 300's and the 290 there.

As an adult, I also bowled leagues at Capitol Bowl (Hickman Mills), Loma Vista, Strike and Spare on 40 Hwy and there was a place on 50 highway in Raytown that I can't remember the name.
I bowled out of the Y Bowl out of Excelsior Springs.....loved Capitol Bowl and the Strike and Spare....but I absolutely hated Loma Vista Lanes. I had some of my worst luck there...

If you grew up in the Lee Summit area did you know an athlete by the name of Rick Riddle?
[Reply]
Dartgod 02:59 PM 06-16-2024
The name doesn't ring a bell.

I used to work at an auto parts store down the street from Capitol in the early 80's. I'd go up there at lunch every once in a while and get 3 quick games in.
[Reply]
andoman 04:16 PM 06-16-2024
I bowled in Wichita back in the 90's/00's. Carried a low 200's average during the best years. Did manage 3 300 games in league play, 2 at Derby, 1 at T-Bird. Threw a 789 at Seneca, closest I ever got to an 800. My brother has also had a number of 300 games and did join the 800 club.
Funniest story was going to watch some of a PBA tournament at North Rock lanes and being asked for an autograph by a dude that thought I was Parker Bohn 🤣
[Reply]
alpha_omega 04:43 PM 06-16-2024
Yep, Capitol Bowl and Ward Parkway Lanes for fun back in the day (they had pool tables too).

Haven't bowled in years, but have enjoyed watching PBA on FS1, 2 and CBS Sports Network recently.

TV Schedule....
https://www.tvinsider.com/show/pba-bowling/
[Reply]
Dunerdr 06:18 PM 06-16-2024
I’m from the Tulsa area but remember watching my grandparents, dad, cousins and uncle roll at the old blue springs bowl. I dig the old bowling alley vibes myself.
[Reply]
threebag 10:06 PM 06-16-2024
Ordered a few of these in my time, great pizza… The Superdome

https://www.wichitabyeb.com/2019/01/...pizza.html/amp
[Reply]
Page 4 of 4
< 1234
Up