ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 10 of 10
« First < 678910
Media Center>Star Wars: The Acolyte
BigRedChief 06:39 PM 03-19-2024

En el set de Stars Wars The Acolyte 😎
On the set of Star Wars The Acolyte 😘#StarWars #StarWarsTheAcolyte #Disney #DisneyPlus #Teaser #Acolyte #Premier #TV #Jedi #Lucasfilms #Luke #Skywalker #TheForce pic.twitter.com/Wq9p9LRK7t

— Alita Betancurt 💕✨ (@alitabetancurt) March 20, 2024

[Reply]
Frazod 04:43 PM Yesterday
Originally Posted by tredadda:
The Witcher is the one that really bothers me. They have source material and a star who knows probably more about it than anyone and gave his all for the character. What did they do? They said f-it we are going to do what we want and completely write our version.
Yeah, that was damned near heartbreaking. In the right hands (like the people who did Fallout) it could have been amazing. Instead, they basically went out of their way to alienate fans of both the books and the games. Seriously, who did they think was going to watch it? How amazingly stupid.

As for Fallout, I pretty much dread what might come next, hoping that it won't go the way of so many other shows that started out great and quickly devolved into rancid, woke alphabet soup. The only thing that may save it is the folks at Bethesda knowing damned well who their fanbase is. Hopefully. But when it comes to the modern entertainment industry, hope is pretty much dead at this point.
[Reply]
tredadda 04:50 PM Yesterday
Originally Posted by Frazod:
Yeah, that was damned near heartbreaking. In the right hands (like the people who did Fallout) it could have been amazing. Instead, they basically went out of their way to alienate fans of both the books and the games. Seriously, who did they think was going to watch it? How amazingly stupid.

As for Fallout, I pretty much dread what might come next, hoping that it won't go the way of so many other shows that started out great and quickly devolved into rancid, woke alphabet soup. The only thing that may save it is the folks at Bethesda knowing damned well who their fanbase is. Hopefully. But when it comes to the modern entertainment industry, hope is pretty much dead at this point.
It's hubris. Instead of making something on their own they have to modify someone else's IP to fit their point of view. It doesn't help when the writer of the books could care less as long as he gets paid.

Hoping that you are right about the Fallout series.
[Reply]
crayzkirk 04:51 PM Yesterday
Originally Posted by BigRedChief:
Where is she in all of this?
[Reply]
Frazod 05:08 PM Yesterday
Originally Posted by tredadda:
It's hubris. Instead of making something on their own they have to modify someone else's IP to fit their point of view. It doesn't help when the writer of the books could care less as long as he gets paid.

Hoping that you are right about the Fallout series.
Biggest warning flare is the actor who plays Dane (the Brotherhood scribe who purposefully injured himself with the razorblade in the boot) is a "trans-man," which I assume in factual terms means a batshit crazy woman who thinks she's a man. It was fairly obvious that "he" was a bit off from the get-go.

I just hope that doesn't mean the show is going to devolve into some Maximus/Lucy/Dane love triangle.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 08:16 PM Yesterday
Episode 4 is out! GOING IN DRY!
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 09:03 PM Yesterday
That was actually a great episode for the first 30 minutes but uh....why the sudden cutoff just as it was getting good?

Spoiler!

Even when the show is good it manages to fuck things up.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 10:07 PM Yesterday
dear god it's bad

Here are my receipts of the changes for ya bro ���������� pic.twitter.com/AkGV98LBwV

— Odd Ball Squadron (@OBSquadron) June 19, 2024

[Reply]
Hammock Parties 10:11 PM Yesterday

[Reply]
Hammock Parties 10:33 PM Yesterday
gay

Star Wars, The Acolyte episode 4

Pronouns in a Galaxy Far Far Away.

��

pic.twitter.com/SoKGCK1ohi

— Wall Street Silver (@WallStreetSilv) June 19, 2024

[Reply]