ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 385 of 385
« First < 285335375381382383384385
Nzoner's Game Room>50 Beers to Try Before You Die
NewChief 06:18 AM 04-24-2010
Thought the beer snobs here might like this article (and probably critique the hell out of it).

http://www.wisdeo.com/articles/view_post/2984
(CBS) You've heard of "100 Bottles of Beer on the Wall"?

How about 50 to try before you die?!
Spoiler!

[Reply]
Bearcat 08:51 AM 06-16-2024
Originally Posted by Ceej:
I never enjoyed stouts, but as I've gotten older I've learned to love them. The Triple Mash scared me at first, but you couldn't tell it was 18%. Very chocolate-y. Their variant out now, the Smore's is one of my favorites too.

Granted, I do enjoy pastry stouts the most, I can still appreciate all of them.

The perks of working in the beer industry is telling my wife that I'm buying/drinking for "science." :-)
:-)

These days, it's tough to find one that's actually boozy, even if it is 18%... granted, I've been sipping bourbon for a few years now, so that could have something to do with it.

Make the trip to BFE, Iowa and visit Toppling Goliath and Pulpit Rock if you haven't... their stouts are out of this world (and basically everything TG does is great).
[Reply]
scho63 09:46 AM 06-16-2024
I never enjoyed stouts, but as I've gotten older I've learned to love them. The Triple Mash scared me at first, but you couldn't tell it was 18%. Very chocolate-y. Their variant out now, the Smore's is one of my favorites too.

Granted, I do enjoy pastry stouts the most, I can still appreciate all of them.

The perks of working in the beer industry is telling my wife that I'm buying/drinking for "science." :-)
Poorly made high ABV beers are alcohol forward and I normally don't like.

Great made high ABV stouts can mask that and taste great.
[Reply]
Womble 10:25 AM 06-16-2024
Just collected a few IPAs from New York based Fidens and Root + Branch breweries. Very expensive because of the transatlantic travel costs and excise duty.

[Reply]
Ceej 12:40 PM 06-16-2024
Originally Posted by Bearcat:
:-)

These days, it's tough to find one that's actually boozy, even if it is 18%... granted, I've been sipping bourbon for a few years now, so that could have something to do with it.

Make the trip to BFE, Iowa and visit Toppling Goliath and Pulpit Rock if you haven't... their stouts are out of this world (and basically everything TG does is great).
We actually had made plans to go to a Cake concert last month in Des Moines. We were going to visit Barn Town Brewery, who make incredible sours if you can get your hands on them. Unfortunately, the Mrs. woke up not feeling well that morning.

I've had some of Toppling Goliath's stuff, their recent Hazy IPA collab with Boulevard was so good!

I'll keep my eyes peeled for their stouts, as we get a lot of stuff in Green Bay from TG.
[Reply]
Ceej 12:43 PM 06-16-2024
Also, I highly, highly recommend any pastry stouts from Untitled Art.

Perfection.
[Reply]
Bearcat 02:44 PM 06-16-2024
Originally Posted by Womble:
Just collected a few IPAs from New York based Fidens and Root + Branch breweries. Very expensive because of the transatlantic travel costs and excise duty.
I guess a tea tax jokes are probably overdone.

I've heard of Fidens, apparently pretty good... it's in Albany though, which seems like the most boring city in New England, so didn't make it there when I was up that way last year.
[Reply]
Bearcat 02:53 PM 06-16-2024
We actually had made plans to go to a Cake concert last month in Des Moines. We were going to visit Barn Town Brewery, who make incredible sours if you can get your hands on them. Unfortunately, the Mrs. woke up not feeling well that morning.

I've had some of Toppling Goliath's stuff, their recent Hazy IPA collab with Boulevard was so good!

I'll keep my eyes peeled for their stouts, as we get a lot of stuff in Green Bay from TG.
I'd be curious if you get any of their Term Oil stuff... I've seen one ever in AZ out by lewdog and it was like $15 for a 5oz pour. :-) Their Fresh Batch stouts are really good, too though and distributed a bit more widely.

Also, I highly, highly recommend any pastry stouts from Untitled Art.

Perfection.
Yeah, they make good beer, and generally less expensive, too.

Currently sipping a Drekker PB&J sour... they nailed it, has a great PB&J smell to it and nailed the flavor.

[Reply]
Marcellus 02:56 PM 06-16-2024

Second batch of this brew with Citra, Mosaic, and Idaho 7 hops. Comes in just under 8%. ****ing delicious.

I call it Big Juicy Bitch.
[Reply]
Bearcat 03:04 PM 06-16-2024
That's a great looking beer!

Damn, we're going to need to do a CP Beer Thread Collab.

[Reply]
Ceej 03:12 PM 06-16-2024
I'd be curious if you get any of their Term Oil stuff... I've seen one ever in AZ out by lewdog and it was like $15 for a 5oz pour. :-) Their Fresh Batch stouts are really good, too though and distributed a bit more widely.

Yeah, they make good beer, and generally less expensive, too.

Currently sipping a Drekker PB&J sour... they nailed it, has a great PB&J smell to it and nailed the flavor.

I liked both of their PB&J brews. They make some fun stuff. I really enjoy their CHONK stuff too.

A buddy of mine sells for them up here in GB and hasn't offered me any cans yet.

The asshole.
[Reply]
Bearcat 03:45 PM 06-16-2024
I liked both of their PB&J brews. They make some fun stuff. I really enjoy their CHONK stuff too.

A buddy of mine sells for them up here in GB and hasn't offered me any cans yet.

The asshole.
I'm a beer sipper (just finished the PB&J), but damn those Drekker smoothie sours go down easy... crushable as the youngsters say.

I hit some great breweries last year, including a couple of longtime bucket list places like Prairie in OKC and Southern Tier in upstate NY... and I'd love to hit up Drekker at some point, except the fact they're in freakin' Fargo. :-)
[Reply]
Ceej 04:07 PM 06-16-2024
I'm a beer sipper (just finished the PB&J), but damn those Drekker smoothie sours go down easy... crushable as the youngsters say.

I hit some great breweries last year, including a couple of longtime bucket list places like Prairie in OKC and Southern Tier in upstate NY... and I'd love to hit up Drekker at some point, except the fact they're in freakin' Fargo. :-)
Southern Tier is a brand I work with. But admittedly, I haven't been a big fan of their beers, minus the PB Cup. I tried their Fall brews (Warlock, and Caramel Pumpkin) and I just wasn't a fan. For some reason, their beers leave a weird aftertaste for me.

I have a lot of breweries on my bucket list, outside of Drekker. We really wanna visit Portland, Maine and hit up Definitive, and Allagash atop of that list.

We are going to Ursa Minor next month and I've heard nothing but great things.
[Reply]
Bearcat 04:42 PM 06-16-2024
Southern Tier is a brand I work with. But admittedly, I haven't been a big fan of their beers, minus the PB Cup. I tried their Fall brews (Warlock, and Caramel Pumpkin) and I just wasn't a fan. For some reason, their beers leave a weird aftertaste for me.

I have a lot of breweries on my bucket list, outside of Drekker. We really wanna visit Portland, Maine and hit up Definitive, and Allagash atop of that list.

We are going to Ursa Minor next month and I've heard nothing but great things.
Southern Tier was at its best several years ago IMO with the original Blackwater Series releases of Choklat, Choklat Oranj, Creme Brulee, and the Cinnamon Roll Ale... they just freakin nailed the flavors, especially Creme Brulee. I still think they do good stuff and had a Pumking and a hazelnut stout at the brewery. They also have a distillery across the street from the brewery in Lakewood, where they mimic brewery flavors... they had a cinnamon apple whiskey that was fireball-like in flavor, but far superior. They've nitro'd a bunch of their beers, which I'm not a big fan of in general... around here, I'll grab a Cinnamon Roll whenever I see it (and it's been a few years) and the French Toast is pretty good.

Portland is awesome... Barreled Souls is in nearby Saco and they have world class stouts and barleywines. Bissell Brothers, Allagash, and so on. Jot down High Roller Lobster Company, that place is incredible (it's hard to go wrong with food though).

Speaking of Fargo, Duluth is way the hell up there, too. :-) Wouldn't mind hitting up Surly in Minneapolis one day, too.
[Reply]
Saulbadguy 07:27 PM 06-16-2024
I'm headed to Indianapolis for a few days next week - plan on revisiting 450 North for their ridiculous slushy sours. Any other recommendos? I didn't get to go to Guggman Haus last time, so that is on the list.
[Reply]
Page 385 of 385
« First < 285335375381382383384385
Up