ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 2703 of 2703
« First < 1703220326032653269326992700270127022703
Nzoner's Game Room>*****The Patrick Mahomes Thread*****
Dante84 07:19 PM 04-27-2017
IT ****ING HAPPENED

OP UPDATE:

Because of all the interest in this thread, I've place all of the video content of Patrick Mahomes II's college career, and draft day goodness into a single post that can be found here. Enjoy!
[Reply]
ThrobProng 02:32 PM Today
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:
Who cares? When he retired he was the best of all time. He had the stats and the rings.

No one was better until late-career Brady.

You're docking him because he didn't have a Marino season? GTFO. Marino was another choker. Stats are for losers.
Mahomes was better than Brady and Marino (and any other QB) in week 1 of 2018.

I'm not docking Montana because he didn't have a Marino season. I'm docking him because he never had a Mahomes season.

I don't care that he was better than the other lame OBs of his era. None of them, including Montana himself, are worthy of holding Mahomes' jock.
[Reply]
Rausch 02:37 PM Today
3rd or better in NFL history in anything that mattered when he retired :-)
What, of any import, did Chris Everett ever achieve?
[Reply]
Rausch 02:39 PM Today
Originally Posted by ThrobProng:
Mahomes was better than Brady and Marino in week 1 of 2018.
This.

People still don't fully understand how good Mahomes is.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 02:47 PM Today
Mahomes was better than Brady and Marino (and any other QB) in week 1 of 2018.
Stupid.

Throwing 48 TDs in 1984 is a hell of a lot more impressive than what 2018 Mahomes did.

That's not a knock on Mahomes. Playing QB was simply harder back then.
[Reply]
ThrobProng 03:12 PM Today
Stupid.

Throwing 48 TDs in 1984 is a hell of a lot more impressive than what 2018 Mahomes did.

Mahomes threw for 50/5000 and was a Dee Ford away from beating Brady to go to the Super Bowl, despite having a shit Bob Sutton defense.

Mahomes has the stats AND is a winner.

Let's not insult Mahomes by comparing his 2018 to Marino's 1984.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 03:15 PM Today
Mahomes threw for 50/5000 and was a Dee Ford away from beating Brady to go to the Super Bowl, despite having a shit Bob Sutton defense.

Mahomes has the stats AND is a winner.

Let's not insult Mahomes by comparing his 2018 to Marino's 1984.
If you dropped Mahomes into that 1984 Dolphins offense he doesn't come close to 48 TDs.

More than likely he ends up on IR because back then all that runnin' around got you killed.
[Reply]
ThrobProng 03:23 PM Today
If you dropped Mahomes into that 1984 Dolphins offense he doesn't come close to 48 TDs.

More than likely he ends up on IR because back then all that runnin' around got you killed.
What gets QBs killed is being a statue. Luckily for Marino, he had that quick release.

Dropping Mahomes into the 1984 Dolphin offense would be like dropping Michael Jordan into the 1962 Boston Celtics. Absolute destruction of the league. More than 48 TDs AND far more rushing yards and TDs, thanks to an era when a 300 pound DT was considered a giant.
[Reply]
BWillie 03:29 PM Today
Stupid.

I actually agree with Clay. One would need to scale the TDs thrown back then for today's numbers and yards. All QBs throw for more yards and TDs in today's game.

There were only 8 QBs to throw more than 20 TDs in 1984. 3 to throw more than 4000 yards. The impressive thing in 1984 is Marino threw 16 more TDs than the next guy. In 1986 he threw 19 more than the next guy. The closest that has happened since is when Brady threw 14 more in 2017 and Manning 14 more in 2013.

In 2020 (the last 16 game season) there were 19 QBs to throw more than 20 YDs. 12 to throw more than 4000 yds and 3 of them were also at 3900 yds.
[Reply]
gordonelloyd 04:11 PM Today
Originally Posted by tredadda:
Yup. There are about 3-4 QBs that if the game was on the line and their team was down that I would trust to lead a game winning drive. Those are Mahomes, Brady (yuck!) and Montana.
And you have to add Manning. I always remember a game, I don’t remember the year, but Bellachuck made Brady go for it because he was terrified about giving manning the ball again. If they didn’t make it, he’d give the ball about on the 20 or something like that. If they kicked, he give the ball much further away. But he just was so afraid of Manning. He called a stupid play and the Pats didn’t make it. I think my memory is right on this.

I’m just adding Manning to the list of QB who you knew would take it to the house when the game was on the line It’s Brady, Mahomes, and Montana. Plus manning.

But in terms of the best quarterbacks ever I’ve always rated Montana at the top, not Brady. No Super Bowl losses. Outstanding. Probably Mahomes has passed Montana. But they play in such different eras.

And only Eli and Joe have undefeated Super Bowl records.

I try not to disrespect other posters. But to say that Montana can’t even hold Mahomes jockstrap is so absurd. Anybody that knows anything about the NFL can not honestly believe that.
[Reply]
Page 2703 of 2703
« First < 1703220326032653269326992700270127022703
Up