ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 76 of 76
« First < 26667273747576
Nzoner's Game Room>*****Official 2024 Royals Season Repository Thread*****
ChiefsCountry 11:36 AM 01-01-2024

Year Two of the Matt Quatraro tenure. Time to take a step up this year. Active in free agency and trades this offseason. A new look pitching rotation and bullpen. Will the young players take the leap up offensively? Bobby Witt extension? New stadium? Will Vinny recover from injury? Salvy taking aim at the Royals record book? Will Cole Ragans turn into the best Royals starting pitcher since Greinke 1.0?

Free Agents/Trades Acquisitions
Seth Lugo, SP
Michael Wacha, SP
Kyle Wright, SP
Hunter Renfroe, OF/DH
Will Smith, RP
Chris Stratton, RP
Nick Anderson, RP
Adam Frazier, 2B
Garrett Hampson, INF/OF
Matt Sauer, RP
[Reply]
GabyKeepsMeWarm 12:51 AM Today
Originally Posted by Great Expectations:
What will it cost in terms of prospects to get an above average closer?
It’s not gonna be cheap. And we have a very weak group of prospects compared to the the best, so we don’t have a lot of chips. Plus the whole world knows our bullpen is a massive weakness, so there’s no leverage of any kind.

I think we’ll probably make some deals, but they won’t be dealing prospects for anything super legit. I’d expect us to make some deals for mid level prospects for maybe a couple of B to hopefully B+ arms in the pen. And honestly, that might not be the worst way to go.

I think we all knew the pen was a big if a month ago. We simply have nobody who can strike anyone out. That’s a problem. I was hoping they could’ve made a “pre-emptive” move a few weeks ago. Didn’t happen. And at the same time, the Marlins gave away(traded) Arreaz, whom apparently we were in on. That’s good news. Seems like Picollo has a better idea and instincts to make a move.

That said, anything we do is gonna likely come with some outcry at this point.
[Reply]
siberian khatru 06:57 AM Today
Speaking of back issues ...

Double-A Northwest Arkansas placed OF Gavin Cross, the #Royals No. 7 prospect, on the 7-day IL today, retroactive to June 4. He's dealing with mild back tightness. Was pulled from Saturday's game and didn't play Sunday or yesterday.

— Anne Rogers (@anne__rogers) June 5, 2024

[Reply]
BWillie 08:09 AM Today
Originally Posted by siberian khatru:
Speaking of back issues ...

I don't understand how all of these young guys always have back problems
[Reply]
Page 76 of 76
« First < 26667273747576
Up