Page 12 of 12
« First < 289101112
Nzoner's Game Room>RIP Matthew Perry
RunKC 06:34 PM 10-28-2023
Holy shit. He drowned?!
[Reply]
mr. tegu 09:21 AM 08-19-2024
Originally Posted by Cheater5:
I don’t disagree, but try to guess how many ‘patients’ he might have using a wide array of different pharmaceuticals? I suspect the number is quite high in that zip code alone.

Yeah that’s probably true. At that point your freedom and license is basically relying on a bunch of addicts behaving responsibly to not someone have it come back on you. Seems like a poor proposition.
[Reply]
stumppy 09:38 AM 08-19-2024
Originally Posted by mr. tegu:
The dumbest thing is that when I read through that and first saw the text from the doctor about how much would this guy pay, I assumed the doctors would be looking at making tens of thousands of dollars every transaction. But no, it’s 4,500 here and 6,000 there. There was one larger transaction but the article said that included back pay for multiple transactions. It’s not nothing money but it is just really dumb for a doctor, presumably making decent money, to risk throwing away his career and license for such little (relatively speaking) amounts of money.
It is really stupid to risk their license, but that money isn't exactly peanuts. Hell, if they were selling just once a week that's a chunk of money in a month/year.
[Reply]
Lzen 10:08 AM 08-19-2024
Originally Posted by BigRedChief:
I started in the medical field in 1990. All those drugs were locked up at that time. They would pull people off the floor to check them for drug use. Even when you know the risks and see its negative consequences every day, doesn't by itself keep you from becoming an addict.

I was a Respiratory Therapist in a level one teaching hospital. It was a stressful job. You'd think that RT's would know the dangers of smoking. But, more RT's smoke than the general population. A lot more.
That is fascinating, especially being the respiratory field. I have always noted the medical personnel in hospitals that are outside smoking. And like you, it never made sense to me.
[Reply]
Lzen 10:09 AM 08-19-2024
Originally Posted by mr. tegu:
Yeah that’s probably true. At that point your freedom and license is basically relying on a bunch of addicts behaving responsibly to not someone have it come back on you. Seems like a poor proposition.
Greed can be a powerful drug in itself.
[Reply]
ChiefsFanatic 10:52 AM 08-19-2024
This board cracks me up.

CP doesn't think drug dealers hold any responsibility, and guns don't kill people, but a book with only words inside can turn their kids gay just by being on a shelf, in a room, in the same building with their child.
[Reply]
DrunkBassGuitar 11:11 AM 08-19-2024
knowledge is power my friend, books are very strong
[Reply]
WilliamTheIrish 11:17 AM 08-19-2024
Originally Posted by ChiefsFanatic:
This board cracks me up.

CP doesn't think drug dealers hold any responsibility, and guns don't kill people, but a book with only words inside can turn their kids gay just by being on a shelf, in a room, in the same building with their child.
It’s the (D)oxyto(C)in effect.
[Reply]
Page 12 of 12
« First < 289101112
Up