ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 97 of 97
« First < 47879394959697
Nzoner's Game Room>*****The Xavier Worthy Thread*****
Dante84 09:24 PM 04-25-2024
More to come!

Text from an AFC GM on the #Chiefs getting Xavier Worthy: “FU** me” https://t.co/IjLQ7xeN37

— Jordan Schultz (@Schultz_Report) April 26, 2024

Xavier Worthy - WR, UT

- Early career production
- Dynamic threat downfield & after the catch
- Elite speed & start-stop ability
- Fluid mover w/ good route running chops
- Ball tracking is A+

Not entirely sure why the vibe isn't higher when talking about him in the WR class. pic.twitter.com/dv3JjdyZgh

— Matt Lane (@Matty_KCSN) February 26, 2024

The only one Worthy.

With the 28th pick in the NFL Draft, we have selected @XavierWorthy! pic.twitter.com/enRBDQAVA5

— Kansas City Chiefs (@Chiefs) April 26, 2024

I'll write something fresh about Worthy tomorrow morning now that he's a Chief to lay out how he's more than speed, but for now here's an excerpt from article linked in the below tweet... https://t.co/EcW7QtUrFF pic.twitter.com/811ahCEfMS

— Seth Keysor (@RealMNchiefsfan) April 26, 2024

Welcome to Kansas City Xavier Worthy

Here’s how the draft party reacted to X’s name being called #HookEm | #Texas pic.twitter.com/eCnu8W7Rrb

— Cory Mose (@Cory_Mose) April 26, 2024

Kansas City Chiefs add some serious speed in Xavier Worthy https://t.co/ZbhUUQwa32 pic.twitter.com/8D6v8ecd4j

— Reception Perception (@RecepPerception) April 26, 2024

[Reply]
Buehler445 08:32 AM Yesterday
Originally Posted by Rasputin:
I think he will start out having a better career than TYreek Hill. I mean we will use him in the offense more than we did Tyreek his first few years. Tyreel Hill was a gadget guy but I think they will have plans for Xavier to shine in this offense.
That's a pretty aggressive take. Could be right, especially in year 1 (remember Reek was a RB).

But it would be a hell of a thing if he had a better first 5 years than Reek. He was incredible.
[Reply]
Kiimo 08:33 AM Yesterday
Well his ceiling is Jerry Rice and his floor is Jerry Rice so I don't see how he shouldn't have Jerry Rice numbers as a rookie
[Reply]
RunKC 08:47 AM Yesterday
Originally Posted by O.city:
Maybe pump the breaks a bit here fellas.
Why? Hollywood and Worthy give this offense something it absolutely did not have last year: downfield ability.

I think we are primed to see a big year from Hollywood Brown. Like 1k+ yards and 8+ TD’s kinda season. Rice l think will be better this year and build off what he did last year.

Worthy and Wiley are in the perfect spot to me. Kelce, Hollywood and Rice are the top guys. The 2 rookies are complimentary. 4th receiving option at best which works great for them.

It’s not gonna be 2018 bc I think we’ll see a similar type of offense as 2022
[Reply]
MahomesMagic 10:36 AM Yesterday
I really like Hollywood in this offense. Kelce and Rice allows Worthy to just be an extra that puts that extra strain on defenses.

I do think defenses will quickly go back to shell coverages and make us be efficient as in 2022 and we know how to do that.

Last year we just didn't have enough firepower to run our offense.
[Reply]
KCJake 10:49 AM Yesterday
Originally Posted by RunKC:
Rice l think will be better this year and build off what he did last year.
A lot of that depends on how much time he misses. A 4-6 game suspension is a real possibility right??
[Reply]
In58men 11:12 AM Yesterday
Originally Posted by KCJake:
A lot of that depends on how much time he misses. A 4-6 game suspension is a real possibility right??
Yes, but he’s been in the lab most of this offseason working with Mahomes and Co.

I’m sure he’ll get some playing time in preseason as well. I don’t see him getting off to a slow start even if he missed 6-8 games.
[Reply]
BWillie 11:29 AM Yesterday
I expect there to be some growing pains while Rice serves his suspension. Once he comes back and stresses the middle of the field these guys are really gonna fly.
[Reply]
Kiimo 11:34 AM Yesterday
I'm sure he'll take a while to get going and then the same people that flipped out on Rice and Karlaftis will do the same shit again blaming Veach for a bad pick

(no comment on the ones that didn't like how Skyy was progressing though)
[Reply]
BWillie 11:37 AM Yesterday
Originally Posted by Kiimo:
I'm sure he'll take a while to get going and then the same people that flipped out on Rice and Karlaftis will do the same shit again blaming Veach for a bad pick

(no comment on the ones that didn't like how Skyy was progressing though)
People flipped out about Rice? He was great day 1. The only complaint was they wouldn't take the training wheels off of him and kept forcing Skyy and Toney down our throats.
[Reply]
Kiimo 11:54 AM Yesterday
He was dropping passes early on if you remember
[Reply]
RedinTexas 12:02 PM Yesterday
Originally Posted by Kiimo:
He was dropping passes early on if you remember
Actually, I think he has a fumble problem. I know he fumbled at least once in the Super Bowl that we got away with because it fell right in to the hands of Watson, I think.
[Reply]
Page 97 of 97
« First < 47879394959697
Up