ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 2702 of 2702
« First < 1702220226022652269226982699270027012702
Nzoner's Game Room>*****The Patrick Mahomes Thread*****
Dante84 07:19 PM 04-27-2017
IT ****ING HAPPENED

OP UPDATE:

Because of all the interest in this thread, I've place all of the video content of Patrick Mahomes II's college career, and draft day goodness into a single post that can be found here. Enjoy!
[Reply]
Mecca 01:31 PM Today
Originally Posted by tredadda:
Sounds a lot like Rodgers.
Rodgers is probably the best pure thrower of the football I've ever seen. He belongs on a top 10 list of all time.
[Reply]
tredadda 01:32 PM Today
Originally Posted by Mecca:
Rodgers is probably the best pure thrower of the football I've ever seen. He belongs on a top 10 list of all time.
And he has 1 ring despite playing on some very good Packers teams.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 01:34 PM Today
Rodgers is more to blame for his single championship ring than any of these guys he so often points fingers at. Just as Marino was.

Both of those guys should have a lot more hardware on their mantle but THEY didn't get it done when it was on their racket. You compare that to Mahomes and yes, Montana, and the key drives and big plays they made when they HAD to get made.

And tell me that stats make the difference.

At that position stats tell, at most, about half the story. Hardware tells a lot.
[Reply]
Mecca 01:36 PM Today
I'm not gonna argue he's a great dude or a good leader or any of those things.

Just at his peak he is the best pure thrower of the football I've ever seen, his ball placement was remarkable and it's a reason his TD/INT ratio is insane.

I do think GB's front office fucked him over a few times, they were very passive in helping him out for a long time.
[Reply]
tredadda 01:37 PM Today
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
Rodgers is more to blame for his single championship ring than any of these guys he so often points fingers at. Just as Marino was.

Both of those guys should have a lot more hardware on their mantle but THEY didn't get it done when it was on their racket. You compare that to Mahomes and yes, Montana, and the key drives and big plays they made when they HAD to get made.

And tell me that stats make the difference.

At that position stats tell, at most, about half the story. Hardware tells a lot.
Yup. There are about 3-4 QBs that if the game was on the line and their team was down that I would trust to lead a game winning drive. Those are Mahomes, Brady (yuck!) and Montana.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 01:38 PM Today
Brees and Montana is a solid comparison for what they were in their systems.
No they're fucking not.

Brees couldn't move.

Montana could fucking scoot before his back injury.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 01:38 PM Today
Brees and Montana is a solid comparison for what they were in their systems.
And what ultimately distinguishes them is that Montana rose to the occasion at the biggest moments. Brees OTOH has 3 or 4 complete yackers on his post-season resume.

There are a TON of premier statistical QBs that couldn't come through when they needed that one drive or even that one play. Montana was simply never that guy. He made the plays he had to make.

In Mahomes you have Rodgers talent with Montana's poise and processing. You have the baddest motherfucker to ever do it and time will absolutely prove that.

But that doesn't do anything to diminish the greatness of Montana.

Let's not go full KCC here and start tearing down icons because we love the new hotness. Greatness is greatness and Montana is loaded with it. Our boy is simply better. And that says more about how spectacular Mahomes is than calling Montana a false idol ever will.
[Reply]
RunKC 01:45 PM Today
Yeah Rodgers might be the most talented thrower of the football I’ve ever seen. The velocity on his passes with a flick of the wrist was something I’ve never seen any other QB do.
[Reply]
Page 2702 of 2702
« First < 1702220226022652269226982699270027012702
Up