ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 14 of 15
« First < 41011121314 15 >
Nzoner's Game Room>**** Official 2020 Fitness Thread ****
penguinz 07:53 PM 02-18-2020
Where is everyone on their fitness goals these days?

I recently reached 315 bench. Feel stronger than ever but also getting old and takes so long to recover!
[Reply]
lewdog 05:48 AM 11-14-2020
Originally Posted by Buehler445:
I got back into the gym for the first time since March. Christ almighty I'm a piece of shit.

Anyway, LEW - you doing any percussive therapy? I see it advertised a lot, but have no idea of the actual science.

I've been having some trouble with getting really stiff muscles if I sit on on the tractor very long. Stretching doesn't seem to do much in the moment. I'm trying to get in a routine of stretching every night (with the aforementioned gym that is beating my ass like a drum). Would percussive therapy help?
Have you tried foam rolling?

I think percussive therapy could be beneficial for some. Seems the guns are pretty cheap on Amazon so worth a shot.

Honestly, it's all trial and error. I have hip bursitis issues for years and years. I used to foam roll and stretch after every workout hoping it would help. In actuality, it didn't and I think actually made things worse at time (more compounding friction). I don't do either much anymore and found that as long as a warm up really well, my hip issues are actually better than when I had an extensive stretch/foam roll routine.
[Reply]
Buehler445 12:46 AM 11-15-2020
Originally Posted by lewdog:
Have you tried foam rolling?

I think percussive therapy could be beneficial for some. Seems the guns are pretty cheap on Amazon so worth a shot.

Honestly, it's all trial and error. I have hip bursitis issues for years and years. I used to foam roll and stretch after every workout hoping it would help. In actuality, it didn't and I think actually made things worse at time (more compounding friction). I don't do either much anymore and found that as long as a warm up really well, my hip issues are actually better than when I had an extensive stretch/foam roll routine.
Right on. Thanks.

It’s not so much when I work out (the problem there is I’m out of shape).

I have not tried foam rolling. I thought there was no chance that would do any good. Sounds like I should give it a try too.
[Reply]
Titty Meat 01:00 AM 11-15-2020
Originally Posted by Buehler445:
I got back into the gym for the first time since March. Christ almighty I'm a piece of shit.

Anyway, LEW - you doing any percussive therapy? I see it advertised a lot, but have no idea of the actual science.

I've been having some trouble with getting really stiff muscles if I sit on on the tractor very long. Stretching doesn't seem to do much in the moment. I'm trying to get in a routine of stretching every night (with the aforementioned gym that is beating my ass like a drum). Would percussive therapy help?
Man I'm debating quitting the gym til spring and just buying stuff til they but I know my workouts will suffer. Any reservations about going back to the gym? I've been going either late at night or early in the morning when theres only 2 or 3 people and were all good about keeping our distance. I'm still pretty anxious about it and I've been going back to the gym since late May.
[Reply]
Buehler445 01:45 AM 11-15-2020
Originally Posted by Titty Meat:
Man I'm debating quitting the gym til spring and just buying stuff til they but I know my workouts will suffer. Any reservations about going back to the gym? I've been going either late at night or early in the morning when theres only 2 or 3 people and were all good about keeping our distance. I'm still pretty anxious about it and I've been going back to the gym since late May.
Nah. I go after my kids go to bed. I like it better by myself. There’s typically a couple gals in there when I am but they’re at a different part of the gym.

I’ve tried to setup workout regimens at my house and there are plenty of good exercises and programs you can do with very little equipment. My problem was when it was at the house it was really really easy to find something else to do or put it off then it’s time for bed and I just did a shitty job. When I go the gym there isn’t anything to do but work out.
[Reply]
GloryDayz 09:33 AM 11-15-2020
How in the ever loving fuck did I go from posting a pick of to-be pork belly burnt ends in the smoking/grilling thread to this one?
[Reply]
Titty Meat 01:55 PM 12-10-2020
I've slacked on cardio usually just walk instead. Is 5 miles considered adequate?
[Reply]
Shoes 02:09 PM 12-10-2020
I've slacked on cardio usually just walk instead. Is 5 miles considered adequate?
Team no cardio baby
[Reply]
Titty Meat 02:30 PM 12-10-2020
Originally Posted by Shoes:
Team no cardio baby
Just uncomfortable doing high intensity cardio with a mask. Going to buy a boxing bag at some point but until then just doing walking
[Reply]
lewdog 05:29 PM 12-10-2020
I don’t do much cardio.

You just need to eat less and continue lifting hard.
[Reply]
ChiefsOne 11:31 PM 12-10-2020
Just uncomfortable doing high intensity cardio with a mask. Going to buy a boxing bag at some point but until then just doing walking
Boxing is great. Way for fun and intense than running or a bike. I box 2-3 days a week for 18 mins.
[Reply]
Titty Meat 02:30 PM 12-15-2020
Is it a dick move to tell someone to wipe down there shit after using it? Dudes in here no mask coughing and touching everything so I just called him out lol
[Reply]
loochy 02:34 PM 12-15-2020
Is it a dick move to tell someone to wipe down there shit after using it? Dudes in here no mask coughing and touching everything so I just called him out lol

Sorta, but it depends. Is it a gym policy? (I assume it is). Also, are you big enough to intimidate him? It's only a dick move if you are smaller and weaker than him.
[Reply]
Titty Meat 02:36 PM 12-15-2020
Originally Posted by loochy:
Sorta. Is it a gym policy? (I assume it is). Also, are you big enough to intimidate him?
Yeah they dont enforce shit. Yeah I am lol
[Reply]
loochy 02:45 PM 12-15-2020
Yeah they dont enforce shit. Yeah I am lol

Then it's ok. Just hit him up with a "Hey, are you still working there? I'm not sure if you're done yet since you didn't wipe it down." In normal times, I'd say you should get obnoxiously close to him as you ask and kind of look downward at him if you are tall (not a good idea these days though).

Was it an old white man? I've noticed that old white men are the nastiest, grossest, most uncourteous demographic. Nasty MFers don't wash their hands after pooping, let alone after peeing. They cough and don't cover their mouth. They stand right in front of the dumbbell rack while they exercise so nobody else can get a weight. They leave the weights racked. They walk around with their dongs out in the locker room. They fart on you and don't care.
[Reply]
lewdog 02:48 PM 12-15-2020
Billay, what you weighing?
[Reply]
Page 14 of 15
« First < 41011121314 15 >
Up