ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 29 of 341
« First < 192526272829 303132333979129 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Off Season Lets Talk Guns, Part 2
HonestChieffan 11:58 AM 01-23-2011
Been a while since we had a guns n' ammo discussion.

Some of you are AR shooters Im sure. Im looking at a Colt 6920. Will be my first AR. Picked up a Glock this fall and really enjoy shooting it. Any feedback on that weapon?

Anyone else been in a buy/sell/trade mood with hardware?
[Reply]
Dunit35 10:12 AM 08-11-2016
Originally Posted by stlchiefs:
Outside of the vendor, any experience with the mags? Price seems decent. I have a feeling the prices will be moving here soon as the election draws closer if the polls don't start changing much (not trying to take this to DC).
I only use Pmags. I've never had any issues with them and own around 12 of them. Everybody I work with uses them on duty as well.

Try botachtactical or something like that. They have free shipping and good prices.
[Reply]
verbaljitsu 02:53 PM 08-11-2016
There are a lot of good magazine manufacturers out there.

I prefer Lancer L5AWM magazines over all challengers. They are translucent (so you can easily verify round counts), tough as nails, and I have had no stoppages with any of my 7 Lancers in any of my rifles (PSA, Aero, Anderson lowers). Lancers are polymer magazines with steel feed lips, so the feed lips don't crack. I have had two Pmags get cracked feed lips on me when I used them in the cold.

PMags are fantastic mags and cheap. I own the most Pmags even though the Lancers are my first choice, because Pmags are about half price when purchased on sale. $8.99 is not uncommon. $11.99 all day. I have had the feed lips crack, but those mags had a lot of rounds through them and were run pretty hard, may have been stepped on etc. I only own a couple Gen 3 Pmags, and have barely used them. Most all of my Pmags are Gen 2 (or what they call MOE now).

D&H are aluminum mags that are inexpensive. You can get them from PSA or Bravo Company. I have several. I haven't had any trouble with them.
[Reply]
Tombstone RJ 05:43 PM 08-11-2016
I bought some Pmags for my Glock, about half the price of Glock mags and yes, they work just fine. There's only one Pmag model for Glocks, but they still work in my Glock, even though its not a G17...
[Reply]
Dunit35 09:52 PM 08-11-2016
Bought me a sweet original Hitler Youth Knife. Starting my WWII collection.
[Reply]
Tombstone RJ 06:26 PM 08-12-2016
Originally Posted by Dunit35:
Bought me a sweet original Hitler Youth Knife. Starting my WWII collection.
I'd love to get a 9mm Luger, but they are so freaking expensive. I think they are way more expensive than a 1911 (.45) from WWII...
[Reply]
Dunit35 06:47 PM 08-12-2016
Originally Posted by Tombstone RJ:
I'd love to get a 9mm Luger, but they are so freaking expensive. I think they are way more expensive than a 1911 (.45) from WWII...
A Luger is 2nd on my list. It seems the Luger ranges around $1500-2k for an all matching w/ Nazi markings. The 1911's seem to be more expensive from what I've looked at on Gunbroker. I'm buying an original WWII Garand first.
[Reply]
Munson 05:19 PM 08-14-2016
I picked up my first M1 Garand a couple weeks ago.

It was made by Springfield Armory in April 1942, and is a mixmaster of parts: Winchester trigger housing, SA bolt, Beretta gas plug, etc. But the most interesting thing about this rifle is that it was leased to the Danish military, and they installed their own barrel and birch stock(which has plenty of dings and scratches). The internal metal parts look great.

And a couple days ago I found another Garand online. This time its a Winchester! I've been wanting a Winchester for a while now. It cost more than the Springfield, but I think I got it for a fair price. This one was made in April 1943, and is also a mix of Winchester, SA, and Beretta parts. From what I could see in the pictures the stock appears to be in good condition, and the receiver and internal parts are coated in storage grease.

Even after getting 2 Garands, I'm still on the lookout for more. What I really need now is a couple of M1 Carbines.
[Reply]
Dunit35 11:17 PM 08-14-2016
Originally Posted by Munson:
I picked up my first M1 Garand a couple weeks ago.

It was made by Springfield Armory in April 1942, and is a mixmaster of parts: Winchester trigger housing, SA bolt, Beretta gas plug, etc. But the most interesting thing about this rifle is that it was leased to the Danish military, and they installed their own barrel and birch stock(which has plenty of dings and scratches). The internal metal parts look great.

And a couple days ago I found another Garand online. This time its a Winchester! I've been wanting a Winchester for a while now. It cost more than the Springfield, but I think I got it for a fair price. This one was made in April 1943, and is also a mix of Winchester, SA, and Beretta parts. From what I could see in the pictures the stock appears to be in good condition, and the receiver and internal parts are coated in storage grease.

Even after getting 2 Garands, I'm still on the lookout for more. What I really need now is a couple of M1 Carbines.
Lucky. I can't wait to buy an M1 Garand.
[Reply]
Dunit35 03:08 PM 09-02-2016
CMP is offering the service grade M1 Garand as of 8-23-16 for $730. I mailed an order for three today. I am hoping I get them. I've been dying to get one for several years. Hoping they aren't sold out yet.
[Reply]
kepp 07:00 AM 09-07-2016
Good price for plain jane 10/22 - http://palmettostatearmory.com/ruger-10-22rpf-22lr.html
[Reply]
Munson 07:42 AM 09-07-2016
Originally Posted by Dunit35:
CMP is offering the service grade M1 Garand as of 8-23-16 for $730. I mailed an order for three today. I am hoping I get them. I've been dying to get one for several years. Hoping they aren't sold out yet.

I hope you get them, too. The days of cheap CMP Garands are just about over.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
[Reply]
srvy 07:47 AM 09-07-2016
http://www.brownells.com/handgun-par...19_w_Gift_card

For the Glock fans a model 19 gen3 499.00 -60.00 with code L33 and 75.00 gift card. I cannot find a free ship code and its pricey to ship 27.00 to KC Mo. with 7.00 FFL AOD fee. Also you need to get it to 500.00 for 60.00 off code to work. Not a bad deal it sold out stock last night but still are taking back orders on this deal. L33 code ends and midnight tonight.
[Reply]
srvy 08:00 AM 09-07-2016
Helluva deal on Marlin 45/70 guide gun on clearance at Walmart if your able to luck into one in your area its 299.99 plus a 50 buck Marlin rebate. You have to follow the Slickdeals details and print out scanner code and have Walmart clerk scan it for stock they can also tell you closet available store. My area was cleaned out lady said the sold out quickly when it hit reddit. Its worth a shot if you in Wally World.

http://slickdeals.net/f/9074323-guns...eSearchV2Algo1
[Reply]
Munson 10:37 AM 09-10-2016
I was at the gun show in Louisburg earlier this morning, and found a Russian SKS (my favorite kind of SKS). The dude had it listed for $520, which was way too high. It was a factory refurb, had a replacement top cover, and there was a butt pad extension screwed on. But other than that, everything else was good to go. His bottom dollar was just under $400. At that price I couldn't resist, and brought it home.
[Reply]
R Clark 10:43 AM 09-10-2016
Originally Posted by srvy:
Helluva deal on Marlin 45/70 guide gun on clearance at Walmart if your able to luck into one in your area its 299.99 plus a 50 buck Marlin rebate. You have to follow the Slickdeals details and print out scanner code and have Walmart clerk scan it for stock they can also tell you closet available store. My area was cleaned out lady said the sold out quickly when it hit reddit. Its worth a shot if you in Wally World.

http://slickdeals.net/f/9074323-guns...eSearchV2Algo1
Damn think it's to late? Sounds like a deal, always wanted a45/70
[Reply]
Page 29 of 341
« First < 192526272829 303132333979129 > Last »
Up