ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 135 of 319
« First < 3585125131132133134135 136137138139145185235 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Veach's '21 Offseason Plan to Keep Us Thriving: Let's speculate
Dante84 10:03 AM 02-08-2021
In order to prevent us wasting precious years of Patrick Mahomes' career, Veach needs to work some magic this offseason. What's your advice for him?
[Reply]
htismaqe 03:17 PM 03-01-2021
Originally Posted by staylor26:
If Veach listed LB along with DL and OL, I’m going to assume Zaven Collins is in play should he make it to 31.
Pretty much everything is in play at 31.

I wouldn't put too much stock in stuff that's said before free agency even starts.
[Reply]
MahomesMagic 03:22 PM 03-01-2021
Another guy who might fit the profile for Veach at pass-rusher if we go DL is Jayson Oweh from Penn State.

6'5'' 260 Lbs

Maybe starts as a situational pass-rusher.
[Reply]
staylor26 03:23 PM 03-01-2021
Originally Posted by htismaqe:

I wouldn't put too much stock in stuff that's said before free agency even starts.
I’m talking realistically.

It’s not “putting too much stock” into what he’s saying as much as confirming my belief that he’s a realistic possibility.

If Collins is sitting there at 31, there’s a very good chance he’s BPA. I just had my doubts that they would take a LB there. Now I’m at least thinking they wouldn’t be totally against it.
[Reply]
BossChief 03:31 PM 03-01-2021
Originally Posted by O.city:
He also said they expect Schwartz and Fisher back by training camp
Not really. He said multiple times they HOPEfor them to be back by camp...not they expect them.

I know it’s semantics, but I think that’s an important distinction.
Originally Posted by The Franchise:
And for the record.....he said expect them back by camp. I don’t think he meant full participants.
Originally Posted by BossChief:
If a guy like Parsons or Collins falls to our pick, they have to be in the conversation for our first. Gay is set to take over the weak side spot and Parsons/Collins project to strong side and middle.

It all depends on who falls.
That’s exactly how I see it.

I mean, if we were to add one of the 3 top LBers, it would give Spags a ton more flexibility in his scheme.

Imagine having a developed WGJ and one of Zaven Collins, Micah Parsons (either of those guys at 31) or Dylan Moses (in the second) in those sub packages.

Wilson and Sorensen are both free agents, so we will find out what direction Veach goes.

Watt
Jones
Nnadi
Clark
WGJ
Parsons
Miller
Sneed
Ward
Fenton
Thornhill
Matheiu

Add in quality in house depth and that leaves resources to bolster the shit out of the Offensive line and WR.
Seems Veach agrees with me...me n Veach against the world.

Just me n my Veach
[Reply]
htismaqe 03:32 PM 03-01-2021
Originally Posted by staylor26:
I’m talking realistically.

It’s not “putting too much stock” into what he’s saying as much as confirming my belief that he’s a realistic possibility.

If Collins is sitting there at 31, there’s a very good chance he’s BPA. I just had my doubts that they would take a LB there. Now I’m at least thinking they wouldn’t be totally against it.
He also talked about OT's and CB's, in general.

Nothing he said translates to any one individual player, at all.
[Reply]
htismaqe 03:33 PM 03-01-2021

Just me n my Veach
:-)
[Reply]
penguinz 03:33 PM 03-01-2021
Originally Posted by Pitt Gorilla:
You do understand that the draft continues beyond 31, no?
You really think that secrets need to be kept for top flight players beyond the first?

This whole idea of the NFL draft being so secretive is a joke.
[Reply]
BossChief 03:34 PM 03-01-2021

We were in 2 LB (or less) sets well over 60% of the time and 1 lb on the field about a quarter of the time.

I’ve also heard Hitchens could be a June 1st cut.
[Reply]
MahomesMagic 03:34 PM 03-01-2021
Not really. He said multiple times they HOPEfor them to be back by camp...not they expect them.

I know it’s semantics, but I think that’s an important distinction.

Just me n my Veach
Veach also indicated that the dates were given to him as the expected return by the medical staff.

So it sounded stronger than hope to me.
[Reply]
htismaqe 03:35 PM 03-01-2021
[QUOTE=BossChief;15568187]We were in 2 LB (or less) sets well over 60% of the time and 1 lb on the field about a quarter of the time.[/quote[

I'm fully aware of that. I've been saying it for months when people go on incessantly about drafting another LB.

We'll see. I highly doubt it.
[Reply]
htismaqe 03:36 PM 03-01-2021
Originally Posted by MahomesMagic:
Veach also indicated that the dates were given to him as the expected return by the medical staff.

So it sounded stronger than hope to me.
There is no hope. He's lying.
[Reply]
The Franchise 03:36 PM 03-01-2021
We were in 2 LB (or less) sets well over 60% of the time and 1 lb on the field about a quarter of the time.

Why would Spags cut the guy who he trusts with relaying the play call?
[Reply]
htismaqe 03:36 PM 03-01-2021
Originally Posted by The Franchise:
Why would Spags cut the guy who he trusts with relaying the play call?
Because it's Madden. We're just going to replace everybody in the draft. It's foolproof.
[Reply]
The Franchise 03:38 PM 03-01-2021
And I don’t disagree with taking a LB like Collins at 31 if he’s BPA. He can start at SLB in the base set and be depth in his first year in the nickel sets.
[Reply]
staylor26 03:39 PM 03-01-2021
He also talked about OT's and CB's, in general.

Nothing he said translates to any one individual player, at all.
I acknowledged that in my original post.

And I never said it does.
[Reply]
Page 135 of 319
« First < 3585125131132133134135 136137138139145185235 > Last »
Up