Pitcher

Edit:
Matheny fired 07/14/2018

Opening Day Roster
Spoiler!

[Reply]
'Hamas' Jenkins 03:32 PM 07-22-2018
Originally Posted by BigRedChief:
Not a chance in hell that Dewitt gets rid of Mo too. Not going to happen.

I think the whole bullpen thing is partly if not mostly on Matheny. It was Matheny that burned out relievers arms, ruined careers. This was widely known in baseball. Any reliever they could get to come here, Mo had to overpay to make it happen. Relievers and their agents knew this was their last stop before their arm was ruined. this is their last contract ever. Mo had to to overpay and take gambles because of the managers incompetentance.
Neither Cecil nor Holland were ruined by Matheny. They fucking sucked from Day 1, just like Cub Dexter. He's made a ton of bad moves and deserves to lose his job for doing so.
[Reply]
jd1020 03:57 PM 07-22-2018
Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins:
They need to trade Carpenter while he's white hot and burn the rest of it down.
You could probably have your pick of anyone from the Yankees prospect pool for Carpenter. Sheffield might be the only questionable one since the Yankees are needing pitching more than a bat.

Rockies or Mariners might be players, but Brendan Rodgers probably doesn't happen and the Mariners have one of the worst farm systems in the league.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 04:01 PM 07-22-2018
I don't think anyone here has argued too much for the Cardinals to be sellers. I despise losing to the Cubs, but it's probably in the best interest in the short and long-term of the club for them to bomb out hard and strip it down.

They need to trade Carpenter while he's white hot and burn the rest of it down.
Trade Carp now. He would be at the top of every contenders list that is looking for a bat. We can get a top prospect for him. The team needs to move on.

Maybe Carp and Mikolas to the Yankees gets you Torres+

Trade your found money for whatever you can get in JMartinez and Mikolas

This off season unless he turns it around I’d hold on to Ozuna and hope he turns it around next year. Just don’t see how we can get enough to warrant a trade.

No need for a tear down and suck on purpose approach like the Astros and Cubs did. Listen to all offers in the off season for everyone but Reyes and Flaherty.
[Reply]
jd1020 04:05 PM 07-22-2018
Torres isn't getting traded.

The guy is 21 with a .905 OPS playing a position where they have .500 OPS hitters filling in while hes on the DL.
[Reply]
Hoover 04:07 PM 07-22-2018
Originally Posted by jd1020:

The guy is 21 with a .905 OPS playing a position where they have .500 OPS hitters filling in while hes on the DL.
Agree.

Dream on. LOL
[Reply]
BigRedChief 04:07 PM 07-22-2018
Neither Cecil nor Holland were ruined by Matheny. They fucking sucked from Day 1, just like Cub Dexter. He's made a ton of bad moves and deserves to lose his job for doing so.
im not arguing he doesn’t deserve to be fired. Or that he’s even average at his job.

Just that he won’t be fired because Dewitt is not going to fire a manager and GM at the same time.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 04:09 PM 07-22-2018

contenders make bad trades at the deadline all the time. I think I said “Maybe”, not will get.
[Reply]
jd1020 04:11 PM 07-22-2018
Phillies might be a player for Carpenter since they missed out on Machado.

Problem with them is that they need pitching too and their best prospect is a pitcher that probably makes his debut when rosters expand. Also, while Carpenter would most certainly be an upgrade at 1st base he would probably play 3rd where they have Maikel Franco and who knows if they want to move on from him.
[Reply]
Hoover 04:11 PM 07-22-2018
The Yankees are not going to give the Cards Torres for a dude who will cost them 32 million over the next two years. It would be like the Chiefs trading Mahomes for Von Miller.
[Reply]
jd1020 04:12 PM 07-22-2018
contenders make bad trades at the deadline all the time. I think I said “Maybe”, not will get.
You're free to think whatever you want, but if you keep on living in a fantasy land where you believe the Yankees are going to trade Torres you are going to be disappointed.
[Reply]
Jewish Rabbi 04:12 PM 07-22-2018
Hai guyz, maybe we could trade Bowman to the Blue Jays for Guerrero and Bichette hurp derp
[Reply]
BigRedChief 04:14 PM 07-22-2018
Originally Posted by Hoover:
Agree.

Dream on. LOL
our reality sucks. Dreams are all we got. :-)
[Reply]
BigRedChief 04:16 PM 07-22-2018
Phillies might be a player for Carpenter since they missed out on Machado.

Problem with them is that they need pitching too and their best prospect is a pitcher that probably makes his debut when rosters expand. Also, while Carpenter would most certainly be an upgrade at 1st base he would probably play 3rd where they have Maikel Franco and who knows if they want to move on from him.
Sounds like a trading partner for a Carp/Mikolas deal. What do they have and would give up?
[Reply]
jd1020 04:18 PM 07-22-2018
Sounds like a trading partner for a Carp/Mikolas deal. What do they have and would give up?
Their system is like a mirror image of the Cardinals... pitchers and OFers. They'd probably move anything but Sixto from the minors and Nola, Arrieta, Hoskins, Herrera from the majors. Their team is pretty meh overall with only 1 hitter above .800 OPS. I'm amazed they are winning so many games.
[Reply]
KChiefs1 04:19 PM 07-22-2018
Trade Carp now. He would be at the top of every contenders list that is looking for a bat. We can get a top prospect for him. The team needs to move on.

Trade your found money for whatever you can get in JMartinez and Mikolas

This off season unless he turns it around I’d hold on to Ozuna and hope he turns it around next year. Just don’t see how we can get enough to warrant a trade.

No need for a tear down and suck on purpose approach like the Astros and Cubs did. Listen to all offers in the off season for everyone but Reyes and Flaherty.

AL teams are basically set except for the last WC spot.

Oakland & Seattle are the teams you need to be looking at for a trade in the AL.
[Reply]
Page 153 of 301
« First < 53103143149150151152153 154155156157163203253 > Last »
Up