ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 124 of 382
« First < 2474114120121122123124 125126127128134174224 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>50 Beers to Try Before You Die
NewChief 06:18 AM 04-24-2010
Thought the beer snobs here might like this article (and probably critique the hell out of it).

http://www.wisdeo.com/articles/view_post/2984
(CBS) You've heard of "100 Bottles of Beer on the Wall"?

How about 50 to try before you die?!
Spoiler!

[Reply]
In58men 11:17 AM 03-16-2013

Picked up these two for now. Thanks for the help.
[Reply]
phisherman 07:38 AM 03-17-2013
Yum. Love the Aventinus.
[Reply]
kstater 04:58 PM 03-19-2013
Aventinus is a great beer.

Just cracked a bottle of Coffee Ale. Pretty good.
[Reply]
Dr. Gigglepants 05:07 PM 03-19-2013
Originally Posted by NewChief:
A few new tries for me:

New Belgium's Rampant Imperial IPA. I like it, but it does have a strange taste that a lot of people find offputting. Sort of floral and citrus notes with a ton of bitter.

Schlafly Kolsch: probably one of the favorite session beers I've tried in a while. The main problem is that it's 9 bucks a six pack, and that's more than I like to pay for a session beer.

Schlafly Dry Hopped APA: delicious, though I prefer the Kolsch. This one is a bigger beer, though, and it goes a little further with me than the Kolsch.
I second the Schlafly APA sentiment, very good. I tried the New Belgium Dig pale ale a couple weeks ago. I'm not sure if it's just psychological, but the Dig, like the last new thing from them I tried, Snow Day, had an aftertaste of Fat Tire to it.

I hate Fat Tire. I get it once a year because it sounds good and I regret it after 1 beer. It's like being in Texas and ordering a Shiner Bock, eventually I just have to stop doing that.
[Reply]
Bearcat 05:17 PM 03-19-2013
Originally Posted by kstater:
Grabbed one today, along with Grainstorm (forgot about it when it came out), and a bourbon barrel imperial stout by Schlafly that's excellent.
[Reply]
kstater 05:19 PM 03-19-2013
This is a really really well balanced beer.
[Reply]
WV 05:23 PM 03-19-2013
Had a Weyerbacher Blithering Idiot the other night, my first Barley Wine. Pretty good overall, I was pleasently surprised.

Not too boozy even at 11.1% and very drinkable. Although I wouldn't want to drink more than about two in a sitting. I had a large meal before I tried it and that helped.
[Reply]
Marcellus 05:27 PM 03-19-2013
This is good stuff.

[Reply]
Phobia 05:32 PM 03-19-2013
Originally Posted by Dr. Gigglepants:
I second the Schlafly APA sentiment, very good. I tried the New Belgium Dig pale ale a couple weeks ago. I'm not sure if it's just psychological, but the Dig, like the last new thing from them I tried, Snow Day, had an aftertaste of Fat Tire to it.

I hate Fat Tire. I get it once a year because it sounds good and I regret it after 1 beer. It's like being in Texas and ordering a Shiner Bock, eventually I just have to stop doing that.
Fat Tire changed. It's not good any more. It used to be awesome a decade ago. Shiner is still good though. It's not amazing or even in my top 100 but it's a beer that I will always enjoy due to its simplicity.
[Reply]
Phobia 05:33 PM 03-19-2013
Aventinus is a great beer.

I blew that release off today because I'm trying to shed some weight. Hope I don't regret it.
[Reply]
Dr. Gigglepants 05:49 PM 03-19-2013
Originally Posted by Phobia:
Fat Tire changed. It's not good any more. It used to be awesome a decade ago. Shiner is still good though. It's not amazing or even in my top 100 but it's a beer that I will always enjoy due to its simplicity.

Yes, 10 or so years ago I was a fat tire fan. Now I hate it, either it changed or my tastes did.
Posted via Mobile Device
[Reply]
Bearcat 05:51 PM 03-19-2013
This is a really really well balanced beer.
Yep. Much better than other coffee beers I've tried (except BCS coffee stout)... really nice smell of coffee without smelling like a used filter, and the taste isn't overwhelming, either. Not a huge fan of coffee beer (except BCS coffee stout), but this is very well done.
[Reply]
Marcellus 05:58 PM 03-19-2013
Originally Posted by Bearcat:
Yep. Much better than other coffee beers I've tried (except BCS coffee stout)... really nice smell of coffee without smelling like a used filter, and the taste isn't overwhelming, either. Not a huge fan of coffee beer (except BCS coffee stout), but this is very well done.
I am not fond of coffee beers but Mother's Winter Grind is the shit.
[Reply]
kstater 06:11 PM 03-19-2013
Originally Posted by Bearcat:
Santa Fe Brewing has a coffee stout that's better than Boulevards coffee beer IMO. It's in a can too. But part of my judgment might be that Blvds version is becoming one note as I drink the bottle. While very good, this might be a beer that's best split with someone.
[Reply]
Phobia 06:31 PM 03-19-2013
Originally Posted by Marcellus:
I am not fond of coffee beers but Mother's Winter Grind is the shit.
It was okay for me. Enjoyed a couple one night. Shared the rest. Not good enough for me to buy another sixer but it wasn't bad.
[Reply]
Page 124 of 382
« First < 2474114120121122123124 125126127128134174224 > Last »
Up