ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 1232 of 2688
« First < 23273211321182122212281229123012311232 123312341235123612421282133217322232 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>*****The Patrick Mahomes Thread*****
Dante84 07:19 PM 04-27-2017
IT ****ING HAPPENED

OP UPDATE:

Because of all the interest in this thread, I've place all of the video content of Patrick Mahomes II's college career, and draft day goodness into a single post that can be found here. Enjoy!
[Reply]
-King- 06:02 AM 10-28-2018
Originally Posted by suzzer99:
I'm rewatching the Cincy game. 2-minute drive to end the first half - Mahomes completes to Ware at the 8, play ends at :43, KC has one timeout with clock ticking.

Does he:

a) Call TO, possibly screwing with our FG timeout?
b) Clock it - wasting a down when there is plenty of time?
c) Calmy rush his team down the field to run a REAL PLAY, that they are about to snap at :27 seconds?

Answer? c) and the kicker is it shocked the Bengals so much - that THEY had to call a TO. Which of course now gives the team time to think of a good play - when their no-huddle plays were probably much more limited.

Do you know how many veteran QBs screw that up?
Not to take away from him but that's more of a coaching thing. Reid most likely gave him 2 playcalls so as soon as the first play was over all the players knew the second play and were ready to run it. It's one of the few instances of Reid having great clock management skills.
Posted via Mobile Device
[Reply]
WhiteWhale 08:06 AM 10-28-2018
Originally Posted by Easy 6:
Watson showed me some genuine savvy thursday night, some of the same point guard-shortstop playmaker ability as Mahomes in smaller doses... the jury is still out on who wins that 3 man second tier competition
I've never understood why so many around here have a hate boner for Watson. He's not as bad as they want him to be, but for whatever reason they desperately want him to be terrible. They want it so bad, they'll double down for eternity even though he doesn't suck.

Watson isn't a bust. Period. He's pretty good.

He's still in another tier below Mahomes, but there aren't a lot of guys who stand equal to Patrick in terms of ability.
[Reply]
WhiteWhale 08:09 AM 10-28-2018
Originally Posted by -King-:
Not to take away from him but that's more of a coaching thing. Reid most likely gave him 2 playcalls so as soon as the first play was over all the players knew the second play and were ready to run it. It's one of the few instances of Reid having great clock management skills.
Posted via Mobile Device
I've always said this...

If your team is terrible at clock management, it's EVERY BIT as much the QB's fault as the head coaches. He's the one touching the ball every play. He's the one choosing where to throw. When you look at coaches notorious for bad clock management, you don't see any great QB's. There's a reason for that.

Weird how, suddenly, KC is able to get points at the end of the half and end of games. Also weird how coaches praised for clock management usually have future HOFers playing QB. I'm going to insist that's not a coincidence.
[Reply]
FAX 08:21 AM 10-28-2018
Originally Posted by WhiteWhale:
I've never understood why so many around here have a hate boner for Watson. He's not as bad as they want him to be, but for whatever reason they desperately want him to be terrible. They want it so bad, they'll double down for eternity even though he doesn't suck.

He's still in another tier below Mahomes, but there aren't a lot of guys who stand equal to Patrick in terms of ability.
I can't speak for all the Wishkins haters ... there are far too many. However, I can tell you what bothers me, Mr. WhiteWhale.

It all started long ago and far away in Texas. It was a game in which we had beaten them pretty soundly. Then, when they attempted to "come back", Wishkins started heaving up jump balls 50 yards downfield. One after another.

The problem was that our defensive backs were unable to stop the 50/50 balls. Even though it didn't affect the outcome, Wishkins' stats skyrocketed as a result. Predictably, the next day the nogs all started going nuts over the amazing yards and clutch "completions". Thing was, had the nogs actually watched the game, they would have known those were garbage stats and his receivers bailed him out on those passes. It was hype. Pure and simple.

It seems to me that if you haven't actually done anything worth a damn, you shouldn't deserve credit for it.

FAX THE KINDA STRICT WHEN IT COMES TO UNWARRANTED ADOLATION
[Reply]
RealSNR 09:09 AM 10-28-2018
Originally Posted by WhiteWhale:

C'mon dude. Nobody is saying he's bad.

We're saying everybody (media, fans) blows too much smoke up his ass.

He doesn't deserve that much smoke up his ass. When you're a pro, you don't deserve smoke up your ass because you beat Alabama in college. Guess what that gets you in the pros? Nothing. Absolutely fucking nothing. Winning games with loaded college teams gets you nothing in the pros.

He's 8-6 as a starter in the NFL. That's not bad at all, but if you're going to compare him to Mahomes, you don't get to say, "I like Deshaun better because he's a winner!" 8-6 isn't "winner" territory. If you've got some super secret that only you know about regarding the key to winning football games ("he's got IT," "he knows how to win!") then you should be better than 8-6 with several of those losses being close ones.

You don't get smoke up your ass for that stuff. If it gets blown up there anyway, then you're full of hot air. And that makes you completely warranted for a hating, in my opinion.
[Reply]
MahiMike 09:20 AM 10-28-2018
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:
I've been telling the guys here for a year and a half about Mahomes too. They used to look at me like some kinda homer. Now they are listening.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 09:23 AM 10-28-2018
let's

GOOOOOOOOOOOO

[Reply]
Baby Lee 09:36 AM 10-28-2018
Originally Posted by FAX:
FAX THE KINDA STRICT WHEN IT COMES TO UNWARRANTED ADOLATION
Save all that adolation for those who deserve it!!
[Reply]
Molitoth 09:41 AM 10-28-2018
Originally Posted by RealSNR:
C'mon dude. Nobody is saying he's bad.

We're saying everybody (media, fans) blows too much smoke up his ass.

He doesn't deserve that much smoke up his ass. When you're a pro, you don't deserve smoke up your ass because you beat Alabama in college. Guess what that gets you in the pros? Nothing. Absolutely ****ing nothing. Winning games with loaded college teams gets you nothing in the pros.

He's 8-6 as a starter in the NFL. That's not bad at all, but if you're going to compare him to Mahomes, you don't get to say, "I like Deshaun better because he's a winner!" 8-6 isn't "winner" territory. If you've got some super secret that only you know about regarding the key to winning football games ("he's got IT," "he knows how to win!") then you should be better than 8-6 with several of those losses being close ones.

You don't get smoke up your ass for that stuff. If it gets blown up there anyway, then you're full of hot air. And that makes you completely warranted for a hating, in my opinion.
MAHOMES IS NOT GOOD ENOUGH FOR THE NFL, HE COULDN'T WIN GAMES AT TEXAS TECH!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :-)
[Reply]
Kiimo 09:47 AM 10-28-2018
Every play at Texas Tech Mahomes was either trying to get a touchdown on the play just to stay competitive or he was running for his life.

I laughed out loud at the "winner" stuff.
[Reply]
Best22 01:16 PM 10-28-2018
Mahomes has as many touchdown passes through 7.75 games as Smith had in 15 games last year

[Reply]
Hammock Parties 02:12 PM 10-28-2018
One, two, Patty's coming for you.

Three, four, watch #Chiefs score.

Five, six, Case throws picks.

Seven, eight, pass rush is late.

Nine, ten, SWEPT YOU AGAIN.

[Reply]
Shaid 02:13 PM 10-28-2018

:-)
[Reply]
Molitoth 02:23 PM 10-28-2018

HAHAHHAH YES YES YES!
[Reply]
BossChief 02:25 PM 10-28-2018
He should break the Chiefs record for TD passes in a season next week.
[Reply]
Page 1232 of 2688
« First < 23273211321182122212281229123012311232 123312341235123612421282133217322232 > Last »
Up