ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 2 of 6
< 12 3456 >
Nzoner's Game Room>What non-Chiefs teams/storylines interest you this season?
Direckshun 10:35 AM 08-18-2017
For me, the 1st thing I'm super excited about is the development of all the rookie QBs this season.

Tribusky, Mahomes, Watson, and Kizer. All four have been getting awesome reviews and this league is THIRSTING for some new premier QB talents. The top QBs in this league for a decade have been Rodgers and Brady. I'm excited for all of these guys and I hope they all turn out to be amazing.

Another thing I'm very excited for is Tennessee. I'm a sucker for great OL play and the Titans have two of the best tackles in the game. I am dying for Mariota to develop and for that defense to bring some heat this year. As a fan of a small-market team I'm always predisposed to keeping up with some of the smaller markets, and I think Tennessee has a lot of talent and could surprise some folks this year.
[Reply]
DaFace 11:30 AM 08-18-2017
I think the big thing for me is Derek Carr and the Raiders. This is kind of a make or break season for them. I don't see any reason they SHOULDN'T be the team to beat in the AFCW this season. If they don't win it (assuming it's not due to another injury), it's hard to see what else they're going to do to get their shit together at this point.
[Reply]
BlackOp 11:31 AM 08-18-2017
Originally Posted by RunKC:
Anyone else think there is a good chance that this is Brady's last year in NE?

They went all out to build this football team this year, which is something Belichick doesn't do. Garoppolo is in his last season.

Seems highly unlikely for Hoodie to get rid of Garoppolo in favor of staying with a 41 year old QB.
I dont know..Brady is a living Boston legend. If he plays well..it'll be a tough sell. Kraft will probably offer him a cush job for $25 mil a year after he retires if he takes a paycut. Ambassador to the Patriots or some shit...
[Reply]
BlackOp 11:39 AM 08-18-2017
Originally Posted by DaFace:
I think the big thing for me is Derek Carr and the Raiders. This is kind of a make or break season for them. I don't see any reason they SHOULDN'T be the team to beat in the AFCW this season. If they don't win it (assuming it's not due to another injury), it's hard to see what else they're going to do to get their shit together at this point.
I watched a fair amount of Raider games...they didn't look like a championship level team. They barely won every close game...and didn't really improve their roster.

I posted in the Raider thread that their +31 net points was the lowest in NFL history for a 12-4 team.
[Reply]
Chief_For_Life58 12:44 PM 08-18-2017
I want to see if the bucs can turn into a legit contender

Where the browns are. They have some good players

Who the broncos are

Can the titans turn into a legit contender?

Can vikings succeed with bradford
[Reply]
JakeF 12:58 PM 08-18-2017
Tom Brady being beaten to death by Nazis would greatly interest me.
[Reply]
KC_Lee 01:03 PM 08-18-2017
Originally Posted by Direckshun:
Another thing I'm very excited for is Tennessee. I'm a sucker for great OL play and the Titans have two of the best tackles in the game. I am dying for Mariota to develop and for that defense to bring some heat this year. As a fan of a small-market team I'm always predisposed to keeping up with some of the smaller markets, and I think Tennessee has a lot of talent and could surprise some folks this year.
Living down here in Nashville this is basically what I've been living in the way of NFL storylines. I think the Tits make a run at the AFC South given they are the only team in the division without questions at the QB position.

Also want to see how much more of the running load Henry takes on in his second year.

Finally, can Marcus Marriota still develop with Matt Cassel & Alex Tanney as his back ups or will their failures as NFL QBs rub off on him in some way? TN loves them some KC scrubs I'll say that much.
[Reply]
Baby Lee 01:03 PM 08-18-2017
I think that the Bucs are a lock to be interesting.

Winston and Evans are as talented as any duo in the league, but Winston is impetuous and Evans is prone to occasional mental farts [a bigger faster Kelce].

The coach has gone to great lengths to assemble a team around them to give them faith that they don't have to do everything themselves every time, but tendencies are often durable.

I see them a lot like the Cowboys of the Romo years, exciting but a still cunt hair away from championship material.
[Reply]
MMXcalibur 01:03 PM 08-18-2017
How awful the Jets offense (or the Jets as a whole) are going to be
How interested Los Angeles is in the Chargers later in the season
If the Patriots clinch the shitty AFC East by Week 4 or 5
If the Raiders live up to the ridiculous hype around them (they won't)
How long I can ignore the NFC East
Is Atlanta still hung over from their Super Bowl fuckup?
Cheerleaders and the tits that come with them
[Reply]
PAChiefsGuy 01:05 PM 08-18-2017
Since I live in Pennsylvania Eagles, Giants, Steelers always interest me.

Patriots because one of my best friends is a huge diehard fan. I'm interested in seeing how good they are going to be. 16-0?
[Reply]
BlackOp 01:17 PM 08-18-2017
Mitch Trubisky looked like a future star...he was the most impressive rookie QB. That guy is an accurate passer when moving...that's something you either have or you dont.

There is going to be a lot of pressure to start him if he continues to look that sharp.
[Reply]
Buehler445 01:42 PM 08-18-2017
Fuck Donk Forever.

I can't think of much I'm dying to see. Normally I want to see greatness but I can't sit here and tell you I'm dying to see the Cheatriots play. Hopefully Rodgers rips shit up. My brother in law is a Philly fan and hepssively roots for the Chiefs so I passively root for Phily strictly because he's good to talk ball with.

Other than that I'm hoping to see abject failure so I can appreciate how far we have come as a franchise from Squirmin Herman Motherfucking Sack of Cunt Edwards and Scott Franchise killer Pioli. Seems as though those wounds haven't yet healed. Anyway if there is some delight to be gleaned from abject failure it would go in order from most to least

Donk (Fuck Donk Forever)
Faid (cunts)
Cowbitches
New England (not going to happen)
Indy (fuck those fucks)
Pitt (I've had enough of them)
Jets (fuck you for giving us Squirmin Herman Motherfucking Sack of Cunt Edwards. Fuck that fucking guy)
Dolts (even though though they've been abused)

Originally Posted by Cochise:
How low the Raiders' attendance can go
Probably more than the Chargers
[Reply]
Rain Man 01:45 PM 08-18-2017
Broncos and Patriots collapse. Those are the two story lines that will interest me outside the Chiefs. No offense to people who follow those teams.
[Reply]
Ming the Merciless 02:06 PM 08-18-2017
Originally Posted by RunKC:
Anyone else think there is a good chance that this is Brady's last year in NE?
I think if he wins another ring, he retires 100%

If not, its possible/probable he still retires ....but maybe if he stays helathy all season and doesnt win a ring he tries one more time..?
[Reply]
Ming the Merciless 02:06 PM 08-18-2017
Originally Posted by BlackOp:
Mitch Trubisky looked like a future star..
Yeah I am kinda wanting to watch this as well
[Reply]
DJJasonp 02:22 PM 08-18-2017
I am interested (Not) to see how much the NFL media coverage will jam down our throats the players that decide to take a knee during the national anthem.

I seriously thought on my way to work today that I should draw up a petition that states any time a network covers this, I'm turning the channel for 'x' number of hours/days....

And then sending that to the major advertisers who advertise during NFL games.
[Reply]
Page 2 of 6
< 12 3456 >
Up