ChiefsPlanet Mobile
View Poll Results: Jacksonville offers...
Alex Smith for a 2018 first round pick: (do not select this option) 11 14.67%
I would make that trade. 55 73.33%
I would not make that trade. 7 9.33%
Alex Smith for a 2018 2nd round pick: (do not select this option) 5 6.67%
I would make that trade. 26 34.67%
I would not make that trade. 30 40.00%
Alex Smith for a 2018 3rd round pick: (do not select this option) 4 5.33%
I would make that trade. 12 16.00%
I would not make that trade. 40 53.33%
Alex Smith for a pick on the 3rd day of the 2018 draft: (do not select this option) 5 6.67%
I would make that trade. 8 10.67%
I would not make that trade. 46 61.33%
Alex Smith for a 2019 first round pick: (do not select this option) 5 6.67%
I would make that trade. 33 44.00%
I would not make that trade. 20 26.67%
I would cut Alex Smith right now if you gave me the chance. Right now. 5 6.67%
I wouldn't trade Smith right now under any circumstances. 12 16.00%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 75. You may not vote on this poll
Page 3 of 4
< 123 4 >
Nzoner's Game Room>Let's say Jacksonville calls.
Direckshun 10:07 AM 08-18-2017
This is a pointless hypothetical but it's August so who cares. Just have fun with this, folks.

Keep in mind that Alex Smith probably takes us to the playoffs this year.

Pat Mahomes has a learning year that very likely doesn't take us to the playoffs. Though he does have a very bright future.

I know many of you disagree with one or both of those sentences but I think that's a reasonable assessment of the two.

Jacksonville comes calling for Smith, and wants to trade us a draft pick.

What do you say?

Poll forthcoming.
[Reply]
Trivers 11:31 AM 08-18-2017
I wouldn't trade Smith under any circumstances.

Sell him at end of season.

Glad Reid does not read CP.
[Reply]
wazu 11:40 AM 08-18-2017
Woah woah pump the brakes! Without Alex we might not get to the playoffs and lose in the first round to a team that doesn't score a TD. We need his 15 TD passes this year. Don't want to suck.
[Reply]
Predarat 11:53 AM 08-18-2017
Nothing less than a 1st rounder and even for that I would only consider it.
[Reply]
BWillie 11:54 AM 08-18-2017
Originally Posted by Detoxing:
Then when Alex is inevitably released you will have received nothing. It just doesn't make sense.
The possible value Alex Smith provides (giving us a better chance of going to the Super Bowl than Patrick Mahomes) outweighs any value we can get for him. I think Mahomes has a very high ceiling, but lets not kid ourselves. He could be a huge bust. One preseason game is all we've seen, 1 quarter. Trading Smith and starting Mahomes by trial and error will probably end our chances at going deep in the playoffs. Sure there is a very slight chance he will come in guns a blazing and be a GOAT, but that is highly improbable based on historical data with rookie QBs.
[Reply]
Spott 01:06 PM 08-18-2017
He'll probably take one look the city and decide to retire like Brandon Albert did.

As much as it pains me to say it, we need to have Smith on the team right now.
[Reply]
KINGPIN CHIEFS FAN 01:37 PM 08-18-2017
Originally Posted by BWillie:
The possible value Alex Smith provides (giving us a better chance of going to the Super Bowl than Patrick Mahomes) outweighs any value we can get for him. I think Mahomes has a very high ceiling, but lets not kid ourselves. He could be a huge bust. One preseason game is all we've seen, 1 quarter. Trading Smith and starting Mahomes by trial and error will probably end our chances at going deep in the playoffs. Sure there is a very slight chance he will come in guns a blazing and be a GOAT, but that is highly improbable based on historical data with rookie QBs.
Yeah because Alex has a history of taking so many teams to the Superbowl. I'll take Mahomes and a first round pick over Alex every day of the week!
[Reply]
RealSNR 02:35 PM 08-18-2017
To get Alex NOW, the bidding STARTS at a 1st round pick. I would need to see more. Maybe Jacksonville would send us one of their WRs or something.

After this season is a different matter. We'll take what we can get from any team at that point. I predict we can get at least a 2nd, but that's just me.
[Reply]
Quesadilla Joe 02:38 PM 08-18-2017
Brilliant song choice :-)

[Reply]
BryanBusby 02:38 PM 08-18-2017
A first round pick would do it IMO.

He's going to be 34 by opening day next year, will absolutely be gone from here by that point and I don't see them winning or getting close to the SB this year. I would take the 1 and run. Anything less, pass.
[Reply]
rico 02:40 PM 08-18-2017
Originally Posted by RealSNR:
To get Alex NOW, the bidding STARTS at a 1st round pick. I would need to see more. Maybe Jacksonville would send us one of their WRs or something.

After this season is a different matter. We'll take what we can get from any team at that point. I predict we can get at least a 2nd, but that's just me.
Man, could you imagine Mahomes paired with Tyreek hill and Allen Robinson, Allen Hurns or Marqise Lee?? Ooooohhhweeee!!!!
[Reply]
thegame214 02:42 PM 08-18-2017
Originally Posted by rico:
Man, could you imagine Mahomes paired with Tyreek hill and Allen Robinson, Allen Hurns or Marqise Lee?? Ooooohhhweeee!!!!
And can you imagine their numbers with Alex there? Hahahaha
[Reply]
rico 02:46 PM 08-18-2017
Originally Posted by thegame214:
And can you imagine their numbers with Alex there? Hahahaha
:-)...and the Alexsexuals would flock to the Jags boards spouting their Alexcuses like, "but he's changing OC's again!!! You can't expect him to throw for more than 12 TD's and 0 to a WR all season long if he's just now learning a new system!!!"
[Reply]
Halfcan 03:11 PM 08-18-2017
Originally Posted by rico:
:-)...and the Alexsexuals would flock to the Jags boards spouting their Alexcuses like, "but he's changing OC's again!!! You can't expect him to throw for more than 12 TD's and 0 to a WR all season long if he's just now learning a new system!!!"
:-)
[Reply]
Mosbonian 03:23 PM 08-18-2017
Listening to 1010 XL here in Jax, the name mentioned most is not Smith. If they are going to trade for a QB they all say to trade for Jimmy Garofolo with NE.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 03:31 PM 08-18-2017
Direckshun thread

:-)

Jacksonville isn't an "Alex Smith" away from the playoffs and Tom Coughlin knows it.

If they bring in anyone, it'll be a spare part leftover so that they'll have a legit shot to take a 1st rounder QB in the 2018 thread.
[Reply]
Page 3 of 4
< 123 4 >
Up